Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-10, 08:12 PM   #85
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Almost all Ubisoft titles to use Internet-based DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
yes it is nice..but if i have to constantly deal with DRM issues, and controller issues, it just not worth my time.
I don't know what "controller issues" you mean... the PC gives you the option of KBM or gamepad, the console only gamepad... no matter what, PC offers more/better controls.

I agree on DRM though, being sick of DRM to the point of going console is something I can get. Unfortunately though consoles have DRM as well, and someday soon it might bite you in the ass. PSN uses a 5 activation limit for all downloads and Xbox Live ties every download to your account AND machine, causing you to be online at all times on non-original machines and such. And look at how all content from the original Xbox is going down soon, all that DLC and online is dead. The same will happen with the 360 stuff, including all those DLCs and arcade games you got.

Plus I would bet soon consoles will use a Steam-like system for DRM, where you buy a game but need to register it to an account. Doing that with the next generation would not surprise me one bit.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 10:39 PM   #86
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I don't know what "controller issues" you mean... the PC gives you the option of KBM or gamepad, the console only gamepad... no matter what, PC offers more/better controls.

I agree on DRM though, being sick of DRM to the point of going console is something I can get. Unfortunately though consoles have DRM as well, and someday soon it might bite you in the ass. PSN uses a 5 activation limit for all downloads and Xbox Live ties every download to your account AND machine, causing you to be online at all times on non-original machines and such. And look at how all content from the original Xbox is going down soon, all that DLC and online is dead. The same will happen with the 360 stuff, including all those DLCs and arcade games you got.

Plus I would bet soon consoles will use a Steam-like system for DRM, where you buy a game but need to register it to an account. Doing that with the next generation would not surprise me one bit.
Not true. Only games that have the limitation in place have that, many PSN games don't have such limitation (I know since I shared many of my PSN games). Oh and its 5 accounts/systems, not downloads so you can redownload the game an infinite amount of times on the same account.
Old 03-17-10, 05:23 AM   #87
Ghosthunter

Quote:
yes you get a choice but for many games it is better to use a controller, because the controls are built for that

Quote:

i don't know much about downloads i just buy all my games physically for my ps3
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 05:52 AM   #88
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
yes you get a choice but for many games it is better to use a controller, because the controls are built for that
And you can use a controller on PC, hence my point.

Quote:
i don't know much about downloads i just buy all my games physically for my ps3
There are a lot of great PSN games, you should look into them. Not to mention all the DLC I guess you are missing out on.

Anyway, I bet DRM comes to retail games on console relatively soon.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-17-10, 06:33 AM   #89
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
bwahahahahaha
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 09:44 PM   #90
Ghosthunter

Quote:
And you can use a controller on PC, hence my point.

There are a lot of great PSN games, you should look into them. Not to mention all the DLC I guess you are missing out on.

Anyway, I bet DRM comes to retail games on console relatively soon.
I know you can use a controller but to me it kind of defeats the purpose of having a PC with a keyboard and mouse, there is a lot more you can do with keyboard+mouse

to me if i have to use a controller I rather just play it on the console on my 50 inch plasma
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 11:00 PM   #91
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
I know you can use a controller but to me it kind of defeats the purpose of having a PC with a keyboard and mouse, there is a lot more you can do with keyboard+mouse

to me if i have to use a controller I rather just play it on the console on my 50 inch plasma
How far do you sit from your "50" plasma"? Because my 24" computer monitor is actually larger than my 44" HDTV because I sit a lot further away. I hooked my PC up to my TV the other day for some Assassin's Creed 2 and I was stunned at how much crappier it looked due to the increased distance making the picture infinitely smaller and this I lost a lot of detail.

And more to the point, there are many reasons to go PC past KBM controls.

I am not trying to harp on you, really, like I said I get the DRM thing and I have "gone console" before myself a few times.

Old 03-18-10, 04:59 AM   #92
JohnDio

Quote:
And more to the point, there are many reasons to go PC past KBM controls.

I am not trying to harp on you, really, like I said I get the DRM thing and I have "gone console" before myself a few times.
I, for one, prefer gaming with mouse+keyboard. I can't enjoy a third person game with a gamepad (well, Devil May Cry is a whole different story ). And the mouse acceleration in Assassins2 is HORRIBLE. The funny thing? The first game didn't have any mouse acceleration.

Seriously, in a technical level, this port is even worse than SC: Double Agent (pop-ups all over the place, low-res shadows in the far away objects that literally destroy the immersion with the dynamic day-night cycle, it is un-optimized (30-40fps in crowded places, regardless of the details and resolution? Come oooooon. Yes it is playable but if i wanted to game with 30fps, i would be getting the console version), the servers are down a lot of times, etc etc
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-10, 05:40 AM   #93
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Double agent was actually broken, AC2 plays fine for me. Pretty sure the pop-up is there in all versions.

Old 03-18-10, 08:14 PM   #94
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 12:51 AM   #95
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 01:56 AM   #96
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotis View Post
The problem with DRM tools is that they mostly hurt people who actually buy the game rather than the .
Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
No DRM has ever affected me.
Exactly.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote