Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-04-10, 04:41 PM   #49
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Something going down at Infinity Ward...literally.

I bet they're all greedy assholes on both sides.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 04:47 PM   #50
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

http://kotaku.com/5485843/activision...itless-lawsuit

Activision "Disappointed" By Infinity Ward Founders' "Meritless" Lawsuit

The world's biggest video game publisher doesn't take allegations of "Orwellian" investigations and unfair dismissals in silence. Activision has responded to the lawsuit filed by Jason West and Vince Zampella, the ousted former heads of Modern Warfare 2-maker Infinity Ward.

"Activision is disappointed that Mr. Zampella and Mr. West have chosen to file a lawsuit, and believes their claims are meritless," the company said in a statement e-mailed to Kotaku by a spokesperson. "Over eight years, Activision shareholders provided these executives with the capital they needed to start Infinity Ward, as well as the financial support, resources and creative independence that helped them flourish and achieve enormous professional success and personal wealth.

"In return, Activision legitimately expected them to honor their obligations to Activision, just like any other executives who hold positions of trust in the company. While the company showed enormous patience, it firmly believes that its decision was justified based on their course of conduct and actions. Activision remains committed to the Call of Duty franchise, which it owns, and will continue to produce exciting and innovative games for its millions of fans."

West and Zampella, who were fired by Activision from the company's Infinity Ward studio on Monday for as-yet undisclosed "insubordination," are seeking in excess of $36 million. G4, which broke the news of the brewing trouble at Activision, reported today that Activision is seeking documents regarding West and Zampella's communications with other companies, including Activision rival Electronic Arts. As recently as last month, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick (pictured above) made it clear there was no love lost between his company and EA.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 04:51 PM   #51
|MaguS|

I bet they got fired for something BAD, theres a reason that Activision is calm regarding it and didn't make a sad "let go" announcement to the public regarding it. I bet they had a contract and if they got fired and the contract got voided then they had to do something serious, I am not a big fan of Activision but I'm going to side with them. Something doesn't smell right...
Old 03-04-10, 04:55 PM   #52
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Also for CoD:MW2 not having dedicated servers and $60 price tag ideas were from Bobby Kotick. He did mention he wanted to raise the price because CoD games' so popular that anyone won't care. Also he liked Blizzard's model (battle.net) and want to use that for other games like CoD (IWnet).

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Old 03-04-10, 05:26 PM   #53
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Also for CoD:MW2 not having dedicated servers and $60 price tag ideas were from Bobby Kotick. He did mention he wanted to raise the price because CoD games' so popular that anyone won't care. Also he liked Blizzard's model (battle.net) and want to use that for other games like CoD (IWnet).
Kotick is unfairly attacked... his job is to make money, to make the hard and unpopular decisions that make the company money. If he did not do that, Activision shareholders would fire him, that's his job.

The strong rumor is IW leaders were pissy about the pimping of the brand, and you know what, they might have been right, but it's not their place to decide these things. Take your profit and go make another studio if you want, but while in the Activision corporate system you do what you are told, end of story.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-04-10, 10:20 PM   #54
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Kotick is unfairly attacked... his job is to make money, to make the hard and unpopular decisions that make the company money. If he did not do that, Activision shareholders would fire him, that's his job.

The strong rumor is IW leaders were pissy about the pimping of the brand, and you know what, they might have been right, but it's not their place to decide these things. Take your profit and go make another studio if you want, but while in the Activision corporate system you do what you are told, end of story.
Unfairly attacked? I read different about him if you follow game industry much. He said a lot of things that really turns us (gamers) off. He said he wanted to take all the fun out of making video games.

http://hothardware.com/News/Activisi...-Happy-People/

He said if it was up to him, he'd raise the price even farther (on CoD:MW2's new price).

http://www.destructoid.com/kotick-i-...d-143049.phtml

Of course shareholders won't fire him because he brings in billions of cash. It doesn't mean he has a heart, especially for gamers.

Also don't forget about Brutal Legends lawsuit.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=23928

Basically after dropping Brutal Legends, and later on, EA picked it up. Activision didn't like it and slapped EA/Double Fine with lawsuit. Basically if Activision can't have it, no one can. Activision tried to block other publishers from picking up games they dropped after merge with Blizzard. Oh yeah he needs to actually play games... otherwise he'll never understand us gamers. That's just part of reason why we don't like him.

Also I should note that his speech at DICE this year was somehow surprising like taking back about taking all the fun out of making games.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/a...-dice-keynote/

We'll see how it goes but after this lawsuit with ex-IW employees... I don't know. What I see Activision have learned that ex-IW employees were planning to quit and head to EA (still a rumor), so they fired and block them from going to EA instead especially few days before royalties checks. Again, if they can't have ex-IW employees, no one can.

If you compare with other CEOs, you will clearly see why.

Old 03-04-10, 11:36 PM   #55
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...nic-Arts-.html

Activision Seeking Internal Documents Related To West, Zampella And...Electronic Arts?

Now that former Infinity Ward leadership Vince Zampella and Jason West have filed a lawsuit against Activision (those papers were filed yesterday -- get the breakdown here) the legal fight is on. I've since reviewed an Activision internal legal memo from a source close to the company that details what documents Activision is searching for related to the current litigation with Zampella and West.

Much of what Activision's looking for is standard for a legal dispute related to, in Activision's words, "breach of contract" and "insubordination." Activision also believes they're legally in the clear.

"The Dispute involves West and Zampella's management of IW, as well as the development and marketing of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ("MW2"), and potential subsequent games developed by IW," reads the memo sent internally before the lawsuit was filed. "Activision believes that it has done nothing wrong and intends to vigorously defend any claims asserted by West and Zampella."

Below are some excerpts from a list of documents that Activision is looking for. Note the last one:

"Documents regarding past, current or future IW projects, including but not limited to any and all businesses analyses of future projects (e.g. Modern Warfare 3)"

"Documents regarding any potential 'spin out' of IW, including but not limited to any communications with IW employees, West or Zampella regarding forming a new studio independent of Activision"

"Documents regarding West and Zampella's communications with Activision's competitors, including but not limited to Electronic Arts"

Modern Warfare 3 likely isn't in development yet, but it's not surprising to see that it was already on everyone's radar. The memo seems to indicate that Activision may have suspected West and Zampella were looking outside the company.

More details as they become available.

Old 03-05-10, 05:15 AM   #56
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Unfairly attacked? I read different about him if you follow game industry much. He said a lot of things that really turns us (gamers) off. He said he wanted to take all the fun out of making video games.
I know about all the stuff you listed. He is not a gamer, he is trying to make money. None of that crap bothers me, that is how large corporations work.

The difference between him and the other CEOs is that he doesn't smile and nod and tell you what you want to hear as much as they do. If that's your thing then ok, but personally I don't care for BS.

Old 03-05-10, 06:08 AM   #57
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

it really warms my heart to see IW imploding like this. I can't think of a more deserving bunch of suits.
Old 03-05-10, 09:29 AM   #58
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
it really warms my heart to see IW imploding like this. I can't think of a more deserving bunch of suits.
+1

After lifting there noses up to pc customers i wouldn't care if they all got fired at IW...CoDMW2 is the last IW game i buy ever for any platform.

Robert Bowling you are a tit head, now go play Xbox you douchebag.

*Rant over *
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 05:40 PM   #59
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
+1
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 12:51 AM   #60
Hari Seldon

West/Zampella suit details "inquisition"
Beyond Infinity
Hari Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote