Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-10, 03:31 AM   #25
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Portal 2 is confirmed :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
If anyone here takes Hunt seriously, they need to be banned IMHO. Someone has to play devils advocate. It's just he plays it for everything...

Except Hitman.
And you . I love you Aussies.... I do love people from New Zealand more, though... I CAN'T HELP IT!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:04 AM   #26
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Mr. Hunt, I may have overreacted a bit. Must be my dinner wasn't sitting right or something. It would be nice if this thread talked about Portal 2 at some point again, though

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:09 AM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

NP lol.

So... yeah... Portal 2. Hopefully it is good but doesn't have a lame joke and song that gets overplayed.
Old 03-07-10, 04:26 AM   #28
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Hell yeah!

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:55 AM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
And you . I love you Aussies.... I do love people from New Zealand more, though... I CAN'T HELP IT!
I can understand that. Aussies can be pretty intimidating so people often turn to our softer more cuddly cousins.

As for the Portal song. It was funny, but when you work a job where every second overweight smelly data entry nerd can be heard singing it. It gets old fast. Glad I'm with the geeks. We can at least choose decent hardware so we aren't playing it the first time several years after it's release. :: The nerds, they play it on their crappy laptops they bring to work to show off...

I made the mistake of wearing my "8-bit" tie in there with them once. I swear they were jacking off through their pockets over it. **** them I just want to get them and smash their ****ing faces int he the **** wall. They are so ****ing greasy, what is with them. Don't they have ****ing showers, do they not ****ing exercise....

Oh wait. Yeah. Portal 2. Can't wait. Don't **** t up Valve.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:59 AM   #30
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I can understand that. Aussies can be pretty intimidating so people often turn to our softer more cuddly cousins.

As for the Portal song. It was funny, but when you work a job where every second overweight smelly data entry nerd can be heard singing it. It gets old fast. Glad I'm with the geeks. We can at least choose decent hardware so we aren't playing it the first time several years after it's release. ::
Lol... I won't even get into it with you about how much better KIWIS are than aussies... but anyway...

I enjoyed the Portal song "Still Alive" when I first beat the game... but people tried clinging onto it for WAY too long and thought it was WAY better/more hilarious than it actually was. Just like the "omgz teh caek is a lize" jokes got old REAL fast for me.

And yes, I especially hate people who are behind the times on some stuff... I swear if I hear another, "Would you kindly?" joke I might kill somebody.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I am staying at your house to creep you and beagle out if I ever go to Australia. I invited myself and you cannot uninvite me.

Don't worry, I doubt I will make the journey there.
Old 03-07-10, 03:47 PM   #31
Albo

Quote:
Not even two days since its formal reveal, but yet already, the Game Informer feature of Portal 2 is already online.

But we know what you want: the info. So here it is, served with chocolate cake.

* The game takes place hundreds of years after the original. Hence why the Aperture centure looks a lot like a jungle possibly.
* GlaDOS returns as the main villain, with the subject from the last game, Chell, coming back to be the protagonist.
* The co-op campaign is separate from the main story in the game. It lets you play as two bipedal robots.
* Those personality cores thrown into the fire at the end of the last game? They’ve shut off areas of the Aperture lab and made it their own.
* Physics has a bigger role this time, with one demo showing a portal could be used from an air vent to suck air from one area to an another.
* Reflection cubes will be added to the game for laser-based puzzles.
* Valve had no idea Portal 1 would be so big.
* The original Portal was seen as a “test bed”. The sequel will be a fully fledged title.

The game’s due out this holiday season for PC and 360. The magazine also mentions a Mac release.
So Much for PS3 attention

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/07/port...looks-awesome/
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 12:34 AM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Just get PC nubs.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-10, 04:28 AM   #33
Shocky

Quote:
Wait... you said L4D and overrated in the same sentence and it wasn't just you describing L4D? WTF? L4D1 is garbage. Fact. Borderlands is awesome and General Knoxx DLC is awesome.
See, i'm the other way, I think borderlands is garbage and L4D/2 are both awesome.

Borderlands got boring really fast and I don't like the art style.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:35 AM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Shooting zombies in the feet and killing them = fail.

But yeah... don't really see why you would complain about a lack of Portal 2 on PS3... I can't imagine myself doing some of the crazy stuff you could do in the original on a controller.
Old 03-08-10, 07:50 AM   #35
Shocky

Quote:
Shooting zombies in the feet and killing them = fail.
Aiming for zombies feet = fail,

Seriously why would you do that? you want to see them dance?
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 08:00 AM   #36
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky View Post
Aiming for zombies feet = fail,

Seriously why would you do that? you want to them dance?
While I love L4D, It does have one of the most inconsistent dmg models.