Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-10, 04:50 PM   #49
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Already seeing problems with UBIs new DRM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
They are making the platform less appealing by forcing their customers jump through hoops in order to squeeze every last cent from a group of people that will never pay for the product. If this is the future of PC gaming, then put it out of its misery already.
Well fine then, go buy a console and stop clogging up the forum.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
Old 03-08-10, 04:50 PM   #50
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
So you think all these companies who tell you PC is by far worse for piracy are lying to you? What do they hope to gain from that?

More to the point, even if piracy rates are the same on Xbox, they still sell ten times more software. It would be the same size fish in a 10 times larger pond, and thus much more negligible.
u have issues dude.

i never said anything about PC piracy. stop putting words in my mouth
Old 03-08-10, 04:51 PM   #51
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan View Post
u have issues dude.

i never said anything about PC piracy. stop putting words in my mouth
So I guess debating with you is about as useless as talking to a 4th grader about politics then? Ok, I won't bother again.

Sorry to waste your time. Go defeat the ENEMY PUBLISHERS who dare to try and sell you awesome videogames. I hope you can defeat them so we can stop getting awesome games on PC, because frankly I am tired of that kind of torture.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-08-10, 04:52 PM   #52
Richteralan
The Enigma

Quote:
Thanks for the snark, but you didn't answer the question. What do those long walkthrough videos lack?
the coordination of YOUR eyes and YOUR hands with the gameplay and the INTERACTION of you and the gamplay.

i don't want to see how other people play the game, and telling me how THEY feel.

I'm buying the game so I am going to try the gameplay.

if you can't grasp this simple idea, you are beyong salvation

and apparently the game industry needs more people lik you so they can keep sales up
Old 03-08-10, 04:53 PM   #53
Richteralan
The Enigma

Quote:
So I guess debating with you is about as useless as talking to a 4th grader about politics then? Ok, I won't bother again.

Sorry to waste your time. Go defeat the ENEMY PUBLISHERS who dare to try and sell you awesome videogames. I hope you can defeat them so we can stop getting awesome games on PC, because frankly I am tired of that kind of torture.

now u automatically put me in your "pirates" list.
thanks you very much.

ciao
Old 03-08-10, 04:57 PM   #54
logan

Quote:
Well fine then, go buy a console and stop clogging up the forum.
Either that or just roll over and take it up the ass, eh?
Old 03-08-10, 05:00 PM   #55
Richteralan
The Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Either that or just roll over and take it up the ass, eh?
right....apparently watching a 30mins pr0n can give you the same experience you'll expect when you doing it
Old 03-08-10, 05:08 PM   #56
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan View Post
don't bother argue with NZ...
he defends every action by game publishers..
Yeah he should instead support software theft? Why don't you do something that would actually be worth a damn and then have other people use it, but not pay for it and see how that feels? These guys deserve to be rewarded for the work they do. If you don't like their drm then don't buy it! Simple as that.

Old 03-08-10, 05:10 PM   #57
Richteralan
The Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Yeah he should instead support software theft? Why don't you do something that would actually be worth a damn and then have other people use it, but not pay for it and see how that feels? These guys deserve to be rewarded for the work they do. If you don't like their drm then don't buy it! Simple as that.
funny thing in this forum is that u r either black or white.
if u do not support DRM then u r a pirate

i know it's very hard to look upon us up there
Old 03-08-10, 05:17 PM   #58
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
And in case you ask "who does it hurt"...

1) Increases piracy stats that publishers use to decide platform support and DRM.
So since I d/l a copy, play for 5 minutes, like the game and buy a copy still places me as a pirate? No way. If I buy a copy, then that marks one for a SOLD COPY, not a HACKED/CRACKED/PIRACY COPY. Get it? Why should the company care if I buy a copy? Isn't that what they want me to do anyways?

Quote:
2) Leeches for real thieves.
I don't share anything I download.

Quote:
3) Customers tend to be nit-picky and blow up Steam forums over minor issues... these same minor issues could stop you from paying after the fact, even if you mostly loved the game.
Totally disagree. Either the game is good or ok, or it just flat out sucks. That means that I'll either buy the game or delete it. Simple as that.

Quote:
4) Play it on day one but pay $20 later for it... diminishes platform, lowers sales, lowers the PC on priority list.
I don't d/l a game and wait 2 years to buy just because of it's price lol. If it's a game I like, regardless or price or age, I'll buy it if I have the cash.

Quote:
5) You will always, even without meaning to, try and save yourself money. You will find reasons not to buy right now, or ever, or what-have-you.
Maybe for some people, but not for me. I guess I'm a bad person because I see a game on sale, download it to try because there is no freakin demo and then I buy it at a discounted rate.

Like I said, I would not download games like I do now IF these devs would release a game demo to give the potential customer a taste of what the game would be like. But if I'm going to pay $50 on a game, I want to make sure I get my moneys worth.
Old 03-08-10, 05:51 PM   #59
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
If it's a game I like, regardless or price or age, I'll buy it if I have the cash.
IF you have the cash?

Boom, right there you showed a crack in the wall. You play it and then you will buy it IF you have the cash.

Is it really so hard for you people in this thread to understand that this crap is killing the platform? Do you not care? Is that it?

Old 03-08-10, 05:54 PM   #60
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Ok people, how freaking hard is it to understand that you cannot post about pirating games here?

Game publishing lawyers don't give a **** if you buy a game, if you come to this site and talk about downloading illegal copies of computer games with intent to continue doing so in the future (for ANY reason) you are simply bringing trouble here to these forums and its owner just so you can post your opinion.

Yes, we KNOW, we KNOW that some people illegally download games and then buy them anyway, and we KNOW that there are differing opinions on how this effects the industry.

Really, we've been over this dozens of times, so stop bringing this crap up! This thread is going to be closed and everyone who has admitted to illegally download games in this thread officially has a warning. Do not do so again, for any reason, or you will be going on a vacation.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Closed Thread