Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-12-10, 07:12 AM   #13
ViN86

Default Re: OnLive Launching June 17, $14.95 Per month

You guys are calling this horrible only because you feel threatened.

This is just Game Fly except you don't have to wait for the mail to arrive. Rental services will never replace game sales.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 07:15 AM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
You guys are calling this horrible only because you feel threatened.

This is just Game Fly except you don't have to wait for the mail to arrive. Rental services will never replace game sales.
Uh, it has purchasing.

And if Gamefly removed everything that makes PC games PC games then I would hate it too.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 07:25 AM   #15
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Uh, it has purchasing.

And if Gamefly removed everything that makes PC games PC games then I would hate it too.
You guys are overreacting.
Old 03-12-10, 08:35 AM   #16
|MaguS|

Quote:
You guys are overreacting.
True, They are acting like developers will stop developing games for the retail market and only for onLive. If steam has shown anything is that the market is not ready to go fully digital yet, the retail B&M locations are still a huge portion of sales and income.
Old 03-12-10, 10:00 AM   #17
LurkerLito

I don't think anyone is overreacting. I think it is imperative that the general population hear from more technical inclined people what this service is. If it was just a rental only service then maybe it would have some redeeming value, since that way at least people know they are not getting to keep anything. But it is being sold as a platform where you "purchase" games that can never be played again if you don't keep paying them their monthly fee. We are not talking MMO here we are talking single player games. This system bugs me as much as Ubisoft's DRM.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 10:05 AM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I don't think anyone is overreacting. I think it is imperative that the general population hear from more technical inclined people what this service is. If it was just a rental only service then maybe it would have some redeeming value, since that way at least people know they are not getting to keep anything. But it is being sold as a platform where you "purchase" games that can never be played again if you don't keep paying them their monthly fee. We are not talking MMO here we are talking single player games. This system bugs me as much as Ubisoft's DRM.
Read magus's post right above yours. Devs will not stop releasing installable games. If you don't like the service then don't subscribe.
Old 03-12-10, 10:37 AM   #19
TheANIMAL

That micro-console sounds like a big trend setter.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 10:58 AM   #20
wysiwyg

hopefully it will make gaming more easily accessible to poeple who cannot afford id or tried it before

so many people dont realise what games can do these days

i just hope it doesnt finish of pc gaming as i love upgrading, having the best graphics you get on PC
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-10, 01:45 PM   #21
|MaguS|

Quote:
Read magus's post right above yours. Devs will not stop releasing installable games. If you don't like the service then don't subscribe.
If anything this could help generate more revenue for PC Games since OnLive has to pay game publishers for the use of their games, more subscribers means that publishers get more revenue from the service off their PC Games.
Old 03-12-10, 02:31 PM   #22
hapooh

I've tried the beta and liked it. Granted image quality is reduced, but it really does work better then one would expect.

At $15 just for the membership fee, and then $40 to play this game and $50 to play that game.....that's BS. It will fail miserably and be out of business.

Now if they had a pricing tier say $15/month for older games and $25 to play new releases then, it may stand a chance.
hapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 02:53 PM   #23
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

What about latency? What resolution were you gaming at? Whats your bandwidth limit?

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 03:01 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapooh View Post
I've tried the beta and liked it. Granted image quality is reduced, but it really does work better then one would expect.

At $15 just for the membership fee, and then $40 to play this game and $50 to play that game.....that's BS. It will fail miserably and be out of business.

Now if they had a pricing tier say $15/month for older games and $25 to play new releases then, it may stand a chance.
Yeah I think pricing is whats going to kill it. They are going to advertise it as a $15 a month service but once people find out that they must purchase games seperatly its going to lose alot of people. Only people I think this will help will be the ones who don't upgrade their systems or don't care to have a gaming rig at all.