Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-12-10, 04:29 AM   #25
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: Better than fraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Clearly Noriega is the perfect candidate for Peter Molyneux games...
Maybe for you fraps is best. But I don't have quad core and my free disc space is 10GB so I need something other than Fraps.

PS. and I don't need to record a super quality game video I need to just show some bug in NFS Shift so I don't care bout quality.
Old 03-12-10, 07:08 AM   #26
K007

Fraps did a recent update..if ure system is beefy...it is defiantly the best.

& who cares about the file size...i like the fraps uncompressed format, it gives rich quality video, which makes it a great source to edit with and then later compress to mp4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Maybe for you fraps is best. But I don't have quad core and my free disc space is 10GB so I need something other than Fraps.

PS. and I don't need to record a super quality game video I need to just show some bug in NFS Shift so I don't care bout quality.

there is a ton out there...hell even xfire will do the trick 4 u...quality is absolute garbage but if u want garbage quality use them.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 11:14 AM   #27
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Fraps most certainly the best even for you. Alternatives exist but nothing is really better, unless you want to shell out a lot of money and get a hardware solution which can record from the video output, which causes no additional load on the PC at all.

If you got little space and performance problems:
1) Reduce the resolution you are recording in (i.e. play the game at lower res)
2) Set Fraps to record half-size (which gives a stream that is only 1/4 of the full-size one).
3) Reduce the framerate Fraps records in.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 12:41 PM   #28
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Fraps is the best, it has updated on a regular baises and is much more stable then the other programs. I belive you CAN do something like divx encode in realtime on fraps, but you must understand that compressing the video you capture takes a monster amount of cpu power, and if you are capturing games at >720p then you have very little cpu power to spare.

I suggest if you wanna capture high quality stuff, you go buy another hard drive. they are cheap.