Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-10, 05:31 PM   #1
dikinher
Grab em!

Default Next... Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - to play like Uncharted. lol

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=1

Quote:
Not sure if anyone has seen the magazine, but there is a pretty in-depth article in the most recent PSM UK about the upcoming Ghost Recon Future Soldier game (formerly Ghost Recon Predator). I would include the link to the website but they have scans (not too hard to find though).

Anyway, the game looks gorgeous, but the more I read about it, the more it confirms my fears about the game. They state that the game is still about using cover and moving as a unit, but is much faster paced. They say that action "mirrors the run-n-gun, wall hopping approach of Uncharted 2's battles (that likely won't sit too well with series fans). They actually say that the game may alienate those who liked the "tactical focus" of the GRAW games.

It's funny, but some of the things that people were joking about possibly being in the game are actually in there. Screenshots and info show a mech style vehicle, exoskeletons similar to Crysis, homing bullets that bend toward your enemy (I sh!t you not), and of course the much touted optical camo. They also confirmed a much heavier reliance on drones including ground drones that can attack and even hack electronics. New to the series is the addition of close quarters combat (Krav Maga style). They say overall the combat is much more in your face. No more picking off enemies from a distance here.

The plot revolves around a Russian coup bringing the enemy into power (not too orginal), and the game plays out in Europe (Norway and Russia have been confirmed). Sounds interesting at least. If your going to change the series, might as well go all out right?
Old 03-14-10, 05:47 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Next... Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - to play like Uncharted. lol

ugh

Im gonna hold my impressions till I see the game but it doesn't sound very good.
Old 03-14-10, 05:56 PM   #3
dikinher
Grab em!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=238207

Quote:
The first Ghost Recon: Future Soldier details have arrived, via the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, which is arriving in subscriber's hands right now.

"The soldier of the future is an F16 on legs," announces OPM's preview, which notes that because most of the fancy tech from the last Ghost Recon is now reality (UAVs, helmet HUDs) Ubisoft's having to push the series forward in Future Solider - and it has.

The next game takes place 10-15 years after Advanced Warfighter and has the Ghosts out to stop an ultranationalist group that's managed to depose the Russian president.

As the game name suggest, the Ghost team are now packing futuristic gear like stealth cloaks (as seen in the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier trailer), armoured ground drones and exo-skeleton legs (to carry more gear).

The latter in particular is a game changer, as it means the Ghosts are now more agile and can jump, roll and generally throw themselves around the battlefield. It also opens the window for close quarters combat, which you'll be seeing a lot of in Future Soldier.

4-Player drop in, drop out co-op is promised and controversially, no squad commands what-so-ever. Character classes also play a pivotal role in the new game, with players receiving specific, unique bonuses for their chosen role (optical camo for Recon, heart sensors for Snipers, shoulder mounted missiles for Commandos).

To read more details on Future Soldier - and see the first ever screenshots - buy the latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine online and get it delivered to your door. Subscribers have it in their hands from today, with the official on-sale date following on March 16.
lol wow
Old 03-14-10, 06:08 PM   #4
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

First R6, now this... Are there any tactical FPS's left now?

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 06:26 PM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Wow... with the lack of stealth and auto-shooting in Splinter Cell Conviction and now this, Ubisoft really has no interest what-so-ever in doing anything but mainstream action gamer titles it seems.

This makes Rainbow Six Vegas sound tactical.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 06:51 PM   #6
Logical

Im not a big fan of duck and cover games, im not a big fan of uncharted and i really doubt im gonna be a big fan of this.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 06:55 PM   #7
Mangler
DRM is your friend

I wish they would leave the ghost recon brand alone and just rename this game to Tom Clancy's Future Soldier.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 01:27 PM   #8
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Unfortunately not And it all started with one of the first Xbox Live hits back with Rainbow Six 3 (Raven Shield).
Wait are you saying Raven Shield on the PC wasn't tactical? That game as almost like the originals... I LOVED Raven Shield.

Old 03-15-10, 02:05 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Hell no! I played the **** out of Raven Shield and before that Rogue Spear. Even participated in eSports leagues.
But that was the last good R6.
The "same" game also took off on the consoles and that was pretty much the turning point for the series... and the genre
Well sells control the direction of a series. Saddly yeah the game sold better on the consoles so they decided to take the direction which sold the best. If they would have made Vegas alittle slower without the whole hollywood feel it could have been great. It wasn't a bad game just not R6 Raven Shield quality (which btw was bug filled).
Old 03-15-10, 03:32 PM   #10
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Well sells control the direction of a series. Saddly yeah the game sold better on the consoles so they decided to take the direction which sold the best.
Yup, this is the thing: they sold a tactical PC game and an action focused Xbox game at the same time and the console one sold more, a lot more, so that became their focus going forward.

Any one of us here would do the same in the same position.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-15-10, 08:36 PM   #11
Destroy

Someone pinch me and wake me from this nightmare.

So yeah, I pray for SWAT5 now I guess.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 09:05 PM   #12
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Activision owns that now, so... yeah.