Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-23-10, 02:08 AM   #1
HiCZoK4

Default Playing Dead Rising... IT IS COMPLICATED! Need advise :bleh:

Allright. Hi Bearclavsers !

Yesterday I started Dead Rising. FINALLY! I always wanted to play this game.... BUT!

I have plenty of questions. I played for like 2h and made it to the point where Brad accept to work with me(Finished Case1) But I still cant fully understand game mechanics.

1.Case Files are main quest that pushes game forward right?
2.All the other tasks and spoofs I get from the old man via transmitter are side quest which only help me gain some pp for leveling?
3.HOW DOES THE SAVING WORK FFS! I know that there is only one slot but what happen when I die? It says "Save and quit" or "Load". SO there is no checkpoints or whatever? It only loads my harshly to the last couch\restroom I saved in?
4.What is wrong with difficulty of this game? When I was helping Brad to shoot Carlito, he took like 60 bullets! WTF? Am I doing something wrong?
5.Also, I finished Case1 and went for Side missions becouse I still had some time for it to activate. I went for mission to stop rollercoaster or smth. When I got there a crazy chainsaw clown attacked me. I have to fight him to finish the quest or what? He is quite immortal and I dont have like 10000 bullets(I dont even have a gun)....
6.Game timer. 12 hours passed in real 2 hours. It seems quite fast I think. What happen I time will run out and I will not be done with all the cases?

This game is fun but also frustrating and CONFUSING. HELP MEEEE!!!!
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 04:12 AM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Playing Dead Rising... IT IS COMPLICATED! Need advise :bleh:

I'll help.

Eject disc. Switch off 360 and play Infamous.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 08:37 AM   #3
jlippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Allright. Hi Bearclavsers !

Yesterday I started Dead Rising. FINALLY! I always wanted to play this game.... BUT!

I have plenty of questions. I played for like 2h and made it to the point where Brad accept to work with me(Finished Case1) But I still cant fully understand game mechanics.

1.Case Files are main quest that pushes game forward right?
2.All the other tasks and spoofs I get from the old man via transmitter are side quest which only help me gain some pp for leveling?
3.HOW DOES THE SAVING WORK FFS! I know that there is only one slot but what happen when I die? It says "Save and quit" or "Load". SO there is no checkpoints or whatever? It only loads my harshly to the last couch\restroom I saved in?
4.What is wrong with difficulty of this game? When I was helping Brad to shoot Carlito, he took like 60 bullets! WTF? Am I doing something wrong?
5.Also, I finished Case1 and went for Side missions becouse I still had some time for it to activate. I went for mission to stop rollercoaster or smth. When I got there a crazy chainsaw clown attacked me. I have to fight him to finish the quest or what? He is quite immortal and I dont have like 10000 bullets(I dont even have a gun)....
6.Game timer. 12 hours passed in real 2 hours. It seems quite fast I think. What happen I time will run out and I will not be done with all the cases?

This game is fun but also frustrating and CONFUSING. HELP MEEEE!!!!
1. yes.
2. you get all sorts of good things from saving other people.
3. yes, save is only possible on restrooms/couches.
4. shoot to the head.
5. Use something else than a gun and find other means for damage as well.
6. most likely you will not be able to go trough the game in first time or even close to all missions.
What you can do is when you hit the wall, is start again with all exp you have gathered.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 08:44 AM   #4
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
1. yes.
6. most likely you will not be able to go trough the game in first time or even close to all missions.
What you can do is when you hit the wall, is start again with all exp you have gathered.
Can U explain this more? This is "save and quit option?"? This will save all my skills and health bar? But all the quest and side missions I will have to do again?

ohhh and How long is the game? Becouse I am evening player. Like 2 or 3 hours per evening.
Old 04-23-10, 08:50 AM   #5
jlippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Can U explain this more? This is "save and quit option?"? This will save all my skills and health bar? But all the quest and side missions I will have to do again?

ohhh and How long is the game? Becouse I am evening player. Like 2 or 3 hours per evening.
The game starts from the beginning so all missions and other things spawn, skills/exp and so on you get with you.
It's quite long game, especially when you count all the replaying so you can finnish it and get all the endings. (I haven't gotten trough it so I do not know all that it has to offer.)
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 09:42 AM   #6
Destroy

Great game except for the timer. Never finished it cause of it, I just don't like being forced to hurry or replay a game over again.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 02:59 PM   #7
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
The game starts from the beginning so all missions and other things spawn, skills/exp and so on you get with you.
It's quite long game, especially when you count all the replaying so you can finnish it and get all the endings. (I haven't gotten trough it so I do not know all that it has to offer.)
I just went crusing around the mall and timer went past 6am when Another case was suppose to start. I was not there so it showed game over! lol but I was still able to play.

I kinda like idea of saving skills and xp for another play. This is sandbox game overall.
Old 04-23-10, 03:04 PM   #8
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I'll help.

Eject disc. Switch off 360 and play Infamous.
We have not spoken in long time my dear Friend I be more happy over if You said Heavy Rain. This is game I am missing on 360... Anyway... halo3 SUCKS(To prove I am not a fanboy)!

Old 04-23-10, 04:30 PM   #9
crainger

Heavy Rain is the greatest drama adventure game I've played. HOWEVER I have not played I have no mouth and I must scream, OR the Gabe Knight series.

It's still an awesome game though. Some of the endings are just distressing though. ::

Infamous rokks too. I finished it last night and didn't see the ending coming at all. Not bad seeing as it's pretty cliche.
Old 05-02-10, 01:55 AM   #10
HiCZoK4

I finally gave up on this game. I might try it again it some time but as for now it have frustrated a **** out of me !
Old 05-03-10, 03:03 PM   #11
crainger

Should have gotten a Wii yes? :: 360s are good, but not for everyone.
Old 05-04-10, 01:18 AM   #12
HiCZoK4

Don't go too far or I will fry You .... for a dinner it is