Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-10, 11:35 PM   #13
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: ***Official God of War III Feedback Thread***

Took a break from FF13 to play this and damn this game is soo badass.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 12:34 AM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yup. Beat it in "one" sitting (I did take a pizza break for about 10 minutes) from when I got it at midnight last night... ridiculous but it was so freaking good I just had to keep seeing what was coming up next .

Amazing game and I already started a new game to try to collect the stuff I missed... it sucks though because I made it through about 90% of the game on Titan (Hard) mode, but one part was literally impossible for me to do and I gave up on Titan . I hate myself for doing it, but I still have the save game from where I left it off.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 12:35 AM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeyoo View Post
Just started this, the scale is really impressive in the first stage. I'm wondering what the difference is between normal and hard is though. I found normal way too easy for someone who played the previous games. Debating if I should replay with hard.
Didn't read this before I posted my last post... definitely stick with normal to get use to the game. The jump from Normal to Hard is RIDICULOUS.
Old 03-17-10, 09:17 AM   #16
LurkerLito

OMG you finished it already. I played 5 hours and am only at about where the demo levels are. Still I think it's a great game, and I am playing it on Hard and yeah it's pretty difficult. I am kind of worried about the stuff towards the end and if I can handle it. So if you switch to Easy mode does it go to easy mode or normal mode? If it goes to Easy mode then I just can't switch back, I'd have to start over on normal if I get stuck, cause Easy on the old GoW games just was not challenging enough.

The only thing I dislike is the placement of the QTE markers. I like that it's standardized so triangle is always on the top spot, X is always on the bottom spot, etc, but putting them at the edges of the screen kind of throws me off. I tend to miss some of them, I guess I have tunnel vision as I am playing and I am sure playing on a 60" screen from ~8' away doesn't help.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 09:52 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
OMG you finished it already. I played 5 hours and am only at about where the demo levels are. Still I think it's a great game, and I am playing it on Hard and yeah it's pretty difficult. I am kind of worried about the stuff towards the end and if I can handle it. So if you switch to Easy mode does it go to easy mode or normal mode? If it goes to Easy mode then I just can't switch back, I'd have to start over on normal if I get stuck, cause Easy on the old GoW games just was not challenging enough.

The only thing I dislike is the placement of the QTE markers. I like that it's standardized so triangle is always on the top spot, X is always on the bottom spot, etc, but putting them at the edges of the screen kind of throws me off. I tend to miss some of them, I guess I have tunnel vision as I am playing and I am sure playing on a 60" screen from ~8' away doesn't help.
Pfft, Im surprised it took him so long.
Old 03-17-10, 10:52 AM   #18
Ryeyoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Didn't read this before I posted my last post... definitely stick with normal to get use to the game. The jump from Normal to Hard is RIDICULOUS.
Thanks for letting me know, lol. The second boss fight is considerably harder, glad I didn't change it to hard.
Ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 01:38 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post

I literally played it for about 14 hours straight when I got it... most of that was retrying parts on Titan mode though, lol. Like I said... I kept wanting to see what was next until the credits eventually rolled lol.

But man... before you get too much further in I would recommend you switch over to God (Normal) because later on it gets INSANE at parts. Just keep your last save game from Hard mode and you can go back to where you were without losing anything. Some parts later on they will just send a million gorgons and minotaurs after you and it is just a pain. Like I said earlier, I went through about 90% of the game on Titan and eventually had to just RAGE out of it because it got so ridiculous. One section I spent about an hour on and never got close to finishing it. I would THINK I was close, but then another FREAKING thing would spawn up out of the ground.
Old 03-17-10, 05:22 PM   #20
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

wikicheats.gametrailers.com has the complete walkthrough in case, you just want to read how and where the game goes...and also for the 360 fanboys :P

Old 03-17-10, 08:40 PM   #21
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
wikicheats.gametrailers.com has the complete walkthrough in case, you just want to read how and where the game goes...and also for the 360 fanboys :P
Usually if they are 360 fanboys then they are in denial and claim that Dante's Inferno is not only as good of a game, but BETTER than all 3 God of Wars combined.... lol.
Old 03-17-10, 08:52 PM   #22
|MaguS|

I love these commercials!
Old 03-17-10, 09:30 PM   #23
FearMeAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

I love these commercials!
BWA HA HA HA HA HA GOOD ONE LOL+1
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 11:23 PM   #24
Ryeyoo

Man, I am loving this game...the boss battles are just wow! Can't say enough good things.
Ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote