Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-19-10, 06:54 PM   #37
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: ***Official God of War III Feedback Thread***

Still haven't ****in received my UE yet. **** USPS.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 11:06 PM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Got it, as expecting it's amazing. Absolutely the most epic starting sequence ever. I put it on Titan difficulty to start with since everyone's saying how easy normal is and it seems pretty well balanced so far.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 05:15 AM   #39
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh yeah, and this soundtrack is freaking AWESOME BOMB SAUCE WITH CHILI ON TOP AND STUFF YEAH!!!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 06:46 AM   #40
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Did the Soundtrack come with the US Ultimate Collection thingy? Is it for sale online?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 02:19 PM   #41
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Did the Soundtrack come with the US Ultimate Collection thingy? Is it for sale online?
It came in the Ultimate Edition, but I heard you can download it for free directly from the official God of War 3 website lol... not sure what the link is, though.
Old 03-20-10, 05:12 PM   #42
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

OMG Find it Hunt. Find it before I do.

Ha! I didn't know Kevin Sorbo did the voice for Hercules!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 08:06 PM   #43
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
OMG Find it Hunt. Find it before I do.

Ha! I didn't know Kevin Sorbo did the voice for Hercules!
Yeah.. some people complained about it before even playing the game lol... Hercules was perfectly fine in the game.
Old 03-20-10, 08:36 PM   #44
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Just beat GOW 1 today and started the 2nd game. DAMN Zeus is an ASS!!

The first game was absolutely amazing from start to finish. The part when you were outside of the big pandora temple mountain and you're shimmying along the cliff and the camera pans down showing you the titan carrying the fortress was unreal. Absolutely stunning environments for such a dated game. I can only imagine what the 3rd one looks like.

So far, I don't see a WHOLE lot of visual differences between the 1st and 2nd game as far as the environments go but I just now am to the ice cave part with pegasus stuck under the hand.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-10, 12:36 AM   #45
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Hmm, not to spoil anything but all these enthusiastic reviewers seem to be ignoring the incredibly cheap and annoying game design towards the end of the game. It's just a series of "combat arena" rooms where you have to kill dozens upon dozens of enemies, with no way to replenish your health. Anyone considering playing this on Titan from the start, be warned - the end game is insanely difficult and it's really not worth doing, even though most of the game is fairly reasonable up to this point. I'm not even talking about the bosses but the rooms full of enemies that hit so hard that you die almost immediately upon making a single poorly-timed dodge or block.

To anyone who's gotten this far, I've just made my return trip to the Underworld after the Labyrinth area and was greeted by the giant fiery cerberus enemy which spawns those obnoxious satyrs each time you tear a head off. The best I've been able to do is take down two heads and once the two satyrs spawn at once there is nothing I can do, I get instantly killed no matter what. The constant barrage of fireballs, lunging enemies, and exploding dogs make this just totally stupid. It'd be one thing if a particular strategy worked but I've tried about everything I can think of and the only thing that seems to work consistently is just L1+Triangle with blades of exile and dodge immediately afterward. If I keep my distance I get overwhelmed by exploding dogs, if I stay too close the whole time I get lunged to death. As far once the satyrs spawn, the best I could come up with is time a grab well, but it takes 3 grabs to kill each one and the cerberus always seems to have a lunge or fireball headed my way as soon as I start the quicktime. Ugh this is really disappointing because I know I'm nearly at the end - why did they design the endgame like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXIN5ZepO0 < here's the fight I'm talking about. Don't worry, no spoilers. The video is on Chaos mode but the fight is essentially exactly the same on Titan. Maybe it's just this one - at least earlier fights you had minotaurs to get your health back.

I actually did exactly what he was doing with the Cestus for a while but it seemed like using Exile was better, maybe I was mistaken.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-23-10, 01:09 AM   #46
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Hmm, not to spoil anything but all these enthusiastic reviewers seem to be ignoring the incredibly cheap and annoying game design towards the end of the game. It's just a series of "combat arena" rooms where you have to kill dozens upon dozens of enemies, with no way to replenish your health. Anyone considering playing this on Titan from the start, be warned - the end game is insanely difficult and it's really not worth doing, even though most of the game is fairly reasonable up to this point. I'm not even talking about the bosses but the rooms full of enemies that hit so hard that you die almost immediately upon making a single poorly-timed dodge or block.

To anyone who's gotten this far, I've just made my return trip to the Underworld after the Labyrinth area and was greeted by the giant fiery cerberus enemy which spawns those obnoxious satyrs each time you tear a head off. The best I've been able to do is take down two heads and once the two satyrs spawn at once there is nothing I can do, I get instantly killed no matter what. The constant barrage of fireballs, lunging enemies, and exploding dogs make this just totally stupid. It'd be one thing if a particular strategy worked but I've tried about everything I can think of and the only thing that seems to work consistently is just L1+Triangle with blades of exile and dodge immediately afterward. If I keep my distance I get overwhelmed by exploding dogs, if I stay too close the whole time I get lunged to death. As far once the satyrs spawn, the best I could come up with is time a grab well, but it takes 3 grabs to kill each one and the cerberus always seems to have a lunge or fireball headed my way as soon as I start the quicktime. Ugh this is really disappointing because I know I'm nearly at the end - why did they design the endgame like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXIN5ZepO0 < here's the fight I'm talking about. Don't worry, no spoilers. The video is on Chaos mode but the fight is essentially exactly the same on Titan. Maybe it's just this one - at least earlier fights you had minotaurs to get your health back.

I actually did exactly what he was doing with the Cestus for a while but it seemed like using Exile was better, maybe I was mistaken.
Lol... that part you are talking about is the part where I quit playing Titan. It is definitely INSANE later on, especially for your first playthrough. BTW, most reviewers probably didn't play on Titan lol.
Old 03-23-10, 01:50 AM   #47
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

1 hr 30 min later (that's time spent attempting to kill the thing) it's dead. Holy **** what a ridiculously hard fight. I honestly can't think of a harder fight in any video game. It's retarded but I'm glad I didn't give up, once the damn dog finally died my heart almost stopped b/c I was low on health - thankfully he dropped green orbs and my army of sparta had really weakened the satyrs, plus they juggle easily with the Cestus. I am almost at the end but I can't handle doing Zeus now also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
BTW, most reviewers probably didn't play on Titan lol.
lol no kidding.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-23-10, 07:31 AM   #48
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

I love these commercials!