Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-19-10, 03:33 PM   #13
logan

Default Re: EA Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I enjoyed all my games without thinking about money and piracy or jumping through hoops.
But you do understand that you're not the only one playing games, that other people have had problems and these problems often require them to jump through hoops, right?

Quote:
DRM usually becomes a topic because some anti-DRM guys have to talk **** about it and bring up the companies interests behind it.
Or perhaps it's just people who've been bitten by DRM and don't want to have to deal with it anymore or again. It exists and people don't like it. Does the reason really matter?
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 03:42 PM   #14
logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm not telling you what to do, I am saying simply that low sales of all these Ubisoft and EA online only games will not help the PC gaming industry, only hurt it. What you do from there is your own decision.
I'm not on some board for the PC gaming industry. I don't have any interests, invested or otherwise, in seeing the PC gaming industry thrive. I play games on my PC because I have a PC that's capable of playing games. I have absolutely no reservations about moving to a console.

If the market decides that PC gaming is done, then it's done. And the market will decide, consumers, not companies, or some notion of loyalty that encourages what's tantamount to charitable donations to corporate entities in an attempt to delay the death a dying industry. If people want to pay $20 or less for a game and wait until the game reaches that price, so be it. If people don't want to buy games because of the protection they include, so be it. You give your customers what they want, or they won't buy. That's the market. These companies aren't doing me or anyone else a favor by releasing games on the PC. They're doing it because there are customers there. But when you abuse, neglect, or take advantage of your customers... Well, we'll find out, won't we...
Old 03-19-10, 03:50 PM   #15
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
I'm not on some board for the PC gaming industry. I don't have any interests, invested or otherwise, in seeing the PC gaming industry thrive. I play games on my PC because I have a PC that's capable of playing games. I have absolutely no reservations about moving to a console.
Well that clears things up then, why am I bothering debating with you?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 03:52 PM   #16
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
In a perfect world, give me a game with no CD-authentication and none of this "Internet Connection Required" crap. Oh and a demo too.
werd
Old 03-19-10, 04:11 PM   #17
logan

Quote:
Well that clears things up then, why am I bothering debating with you?
Good grief. Would you debate me if I was a staunch supporter of console gaming? It's only that I have a neutral opinion of competing platforms in the same industry? Yes, how unreasonable of me to not be heavily biased one way or the other and let that bias affect my judgment.

If you're expecting a group of average gamers to be supportive of an industry, regardless of what the industry does to them, then you're in for a rough ride.
Old 03-19-10, 04:14 PM   #18
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Good grief. Would you debate me if I was a staunch supporter of console gaming? It's only that I have a neutral opinion of competing platforms in the same industry? Yes, how unreasonable of me to not be heavily biased one way or the other and let that bias affect my judgment.

If you're expecting a group of average gamers to be supportive of an industry, regardless of what the industry does to them, then you're in for a rough ride.
If you don't care whether PC gaming lives or dies why would I care about your opinion on PC gaming?

That was my point.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-19-10, 04:33 PM   #19
logan

Quote:
If you don't care whether PC gaming lives or dies why would I care about your opinion on PC gaming?
I really don't care what you think of me, but I'm certainly not going to stop arguing against ridiculous DRM and those who support it, just because I'm not a PC gaming fanboy. I do after all play these games and am still affected in the same way, regardless of my (weak) support for the platform.
Old 03-19-10, 04:50 PM   #20
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
I'm not telling you what to do, I am saying simply that low sales of all these Ubisoft and EA online only games will not help the PC gaming industry, only hurt it.
That's the point. that's how you send a message to these people that they do understand.
Now, lets say an intrusive drm did affect sales in a negative way and in directly promoted piracy the company would sooner jump to the conclusion that it was poor sales due to piracy and not the drm and unhappy customers
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-10, 04:59 PM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon View Post
That's the point. that's how you send a message to these people that they do understand.
Now, lets say an intrusive drm did affect sales in a negative way and in directly promoted piracy the company would sooner jump to the conclusion that it was poor sales due to piracy and not the drm and unhappy customers
Right.

Poor sales of AC2, Splinter Cell 5, Settlers 7 and Prince of Persia '09 will only make Ubisoft less inclined to care about the PC going forward, and they already clearly care very little about it.

Now, if you care more about the DRM than getting Ubisoft games on PC, ok then. That is your choice to make. I am saying I care more about getting the games than I do being online all the time, which I would be anyway.

If you are against DRM on principle alone then God help you as a PC gamer, between Steam, SecuROM, Games for Windows and now this you are pretty screwed all over, you likely already went console (and it's coming there too).

Old 03-19-10, 07:10 PM   #22
K007

y the hell would u buy cnc4...its horrible
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 08:51 PM   #23
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
y the hell would u buy cnc4...its horrible
That's what I hear... giantbomb has a 30 minute quick look, I thought it looked ok but far from great.

Old 03-20-10, 01:25 AM   #24
B0ne
Booyah

Meh, wanted to see more Kane tbh.