weevil

Default Re: Posting of spoilers is occuring too frequently in this forum

Downdraft keeps cars glued to the road with the correct bodyshape </spoiler>
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:17 PM   #26
sillyeagle
sillyego

So I take it the people who are upset about so called "spoilers" are also people who refuse to watch movie trailers? Nearly every movie trailer I've seen of late depicts critical scenes throughout the entire movie, including final sequences.

For example: the one with Samuel L Jackson as the cop next door, from the trailer alone I was able to gather a new guy moves in next door to him, he doesn't like the new guy, he starts harrassing the new guy, the new guy has no options because Samuel L is a cop, the confrontation escalates to violence, and the movie ends in a standoff in the street out in front of his house. So I knew the entire story line, including the final scene, all from the trailer, yet I've not seen anybody bitching about movie trailers. Perhaps those who post such trailers need a one month ban? Perhaps we could sue the theatres for forcing us to watch such trailers?

While I do in fact take care not to spoil critical moments with my screenshots, I'm not about to stop posting what I do just becuase somebody doesn't want to see what any of the levels look like.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-23-10, 04:11 PM   #27
TheANIMAL

<spoiler> Mario never gets it on with the princess </spoiler>
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 04:15 PM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
So I take it the people who are upset about so called "spoilers" are also people who refuse to watch movie trailers? Nearly every movie trailer I've seen of late depicts critical scenes throughout the entire movie, including final sequences.

For example: the one with Samuel L Jackson as the cop next door, from the trailer alone I was able to gather a new guy moves in next door to him, he doesn't like the new guy, he starts harrassing the new guy, the new guy has no options because Samuel L is a cop, the confrontation escalates to violence, and the movie ends in a standoff in the street out in front of his house. So I knew the entire story line, including the final scene, all from the trailer, yet I've not seen anybody bitching about movie trailers. Perhaps those who post such trailers need a one month ban? Perhaps we could sue the theatres for forcing us to watch such trailers?

While I do in fact take care not to spoil critical moments with my screenshots, I'm not about to stop posting what I do just becuase somebody doesn't want to see what any of the levels look like.
There is a difference between that and showing the very ending of the game. I am ok with spoilers through the game pretty much, just don't ruin a surprise twist or the very end of that game.

Not a hard concept.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 04:15 PM   #29
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

No one knows if it is the end, it could be the beginning , or the beginning of the end,the end of the beginning, it could be the end many times over, like the matrix, or it could be the very end in which case it matters not , as it is the end and there is no more. do you see where i am going with this, well its the End

kthnxby

Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 04:48 PM   #30
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
There is a difference between that and showing the very ending of the game.
how excactly do you know its the ending of a game, unless you play it
Old 03-23-10, 05:13 PM   #31
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
how excactly do you know its the ending of a game, unless you play it
This question has already been answered earlier in the thread. The metro 2033 screenshots had ending credits rolling.

It is, as nz says, a very simple concept. Just don't post words or pictures that spoil interesting plot elements, including the end of the game. That doesn't mean no one can post any screenshots. Most screenshots are fine, but when screens are posted that depict obvious events that include end credits - that's crossing the line.

I would seriously hope most of us here have the normal adult faculties to be able to make the distinction.