Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-23-10, 11:28 AM   #13
JasonPC

Default Re: Bad Company 2 Is severely Unfinished

I think the M60 is a little overrated. It has its tradeoffs. The weapon I think needs to be nerfed bad is the Uzi. Oh my god I've only seen one person use it but it's so deadly and its range is way too large. It is very silent so you often won't even hear who is shooting at you.

The real unacceptable flaws in BC2 to me are

Fence exploit to destroy the MCOM in Isla Inocentes
Server ping not showing up
Server browser issues/EA server acting up (patch seems to have helped this a bit)
GUI missing text in some menus etc

These things can be fixed. Otherwise for a Battlefield game I feel it's actually pretty polished. Haven't seen much lag in servers. Gameplay seems really smooth.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:30 AM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
I think the M60 is a little overrated. It has its tradeoffs. The weapon I think needs to be nerfed bad is the Uzi. Oh my god I've only seen one person use it but it's so deadly and its range is way too large. It is very silent so you often won't even hear who is shooting at you.
No, the problem with the m60 is there are no trade offs... it is far and away better at doing EVERYTHING than any other LMG, let alone the other weapons.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:34 AM   #15
JasonPC

Its trades off fire rate for firepower. I guess if it trades enough off is up for debate. But I think there are other weapons out there that are more overpowered than it.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:36 AM   #16
ArrowMk84

One thing that has impressed me is that EA/DICE acknowledge the problems since the second day the game was out, and have been posting regular status updates on what they're doing to address the problems, as well as making some of that information available in game with the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

This really is one of the best online FPS out there, and its good to know that the developer and publisher take the reported issues seriously.

Edit: Also, IMO this game is more complete and balance at its launch than BF1942 and BF2 were at their launches.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:37 AM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Its trades off fire rate for firepower. I guess if it trades enough off is up for debate. But I think there are other weapons out there that are more overpowered than it.
Like what? I hate the Carl Gustav, but it doesn't hold 100 rounds. The problem with the M60 is that it is far better than any other option for the medic. Not saying other guns are not useful, but if you have access to the M60 and want the best gun, it is the best without question. It will kill in 4-5 shots from any distance IIRC, holds 100 rounds, fires pretty fast, can practically be a sniper rifle (I have literally picked people off with it from across the map)... it is just ridiculous. M60 with a red dot and magnum ammo = YOU WIN.
Old 03-23-10, 11:38 AM   #18
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Even tough this game has that many known bugs, it's still one of the best online shooters ever.
If not the best
Old 03-23-10, 12:01 PM   #19
enoteware
Just Basically Awesome

That looks like a long list, but I still haven't had this much fun in an online shooter in a long time.

TV/Media Center - Panasonic TCP-54G25 Plasma, Pioneer 1021-K Receiver. Klipsch speakers that are too loud for my place. Xbox 360 - PS3 - Apple TV

Facebook
enoteware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 12:36 PM   #20
said53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Like what? I hate the Carl Gustav, but it doesn't hold 100 rounds. The problem with the M60 is that it is far better than any other option for the medic. Not saying other guns are not useful, but if you have access to the M60 and want the best gun, it is the best without question. It will kill in 4-5 shots from any distance IIRC, holds 100 rounds, fires pretty fast, can practically be a sniper rifle (I have literally picked people off with it from across the map)... it is just ridiculous. M60 with a red dot and magnum ammo = YOU WIN.
I don't want sound to ****y but any day i will kill you at any range and any gun with no problem. M60 its balanced. Its all about people skills not then guns.
said53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-10, 12:43 PM   #21
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by said53 View Post
I don't want sound to ****y but any day i will kill you at any range and any gun with no problem. M60 its balanced. Its all about people skills not then guns.
Ok, then explain this to me. I played medic a TON. But usually I picked a shotgun or the thompson because I HATED using the LMGs. I unlocked the M60 and I go into beast mode and rape and murder entire villages while they scream for mercy. Answer THAT!
Old 03-23-10, 12:54 PM   #22
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

And I will knife all of you. One. By. One.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 12:59 PM   #23
mojoman0

yea the M60 does 25/100 damage while the next closest gun does 16.7/100 per bullet. Although the others shoot faster the M60 is pretty beastly in all situations, however it doesnt annoy me nearly as much as the grenade launcher. People abuse the **** out of it instead of using it only in needed situations like staring down at a squad from a window. It needs to only have 1 grenade or a splash penalty. Demize99 said on twitter hes working on game balance, and I expect the next patch to come with the DLC at the end of the month in a week.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 12:59 PM   #24
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by said53 View Post

"I don't want to sound ****y, but I am the best mother ****ing player EVAR."

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote