Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-10, 11:11 AM   #13
ViN86

Default Re: Battlefield: BC2 Sniper Cop

Genius. Simply genius.

I am going to do this to Bearclaw Monday, even if he does keep up with us lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 11:28 AM   #14
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Genius. Simply genius.

I am going to do this to Bearclaw Monday, even if he does keep up with us lol.

Bring it on woman! I am one of the best snipers out there.
Old 03-25-10, 11:49 AM   #15
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post

Bring it on woman! I am one of the best snipers out there.
You should change your name to Madmartigan.
http://new.wavlist.com/movies/280/wlw-
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 12:01 PM   #16
Logical

It is annoying having a team full of snipers or even playing against a team of snipers.

There should be a limit to 1 recon kit per squad and only 4 squads per team... just my opinion.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 12:09 PM   #17
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
You should change your name to Madmartigan.
http://new.wavlist.com/movies/280/wlw-
link isn't working for me...
Old 03-25-10, 12:17 PM   #18
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
link isn't working for me...
He said "I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived."

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/280/index.html
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 04:09 AM   #19
General Lee

I like the way Ellis from L4D2 puts it...

"Kill all sons-of-b*tches!"

Games are nothing more than another way for me to do what I do best a lot faster and more often...drink beer and blow sh*t up. I take that VERY seriously.
Old 03-27-10, 08:01 AM   #20
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Snipers are powerful in BC2. It's really easy to rack up kills as them, and they have the mortar strike against vehicles or groups.

If you have an enemy team of mostly snipers you won't do much good running around as any of the other classes. Many games I've had you start with a mix of classes then gradually everybody goes sniper, each have their own bush and wait for somebody to get bored and walk into the open and get shot 10 times by 10 different snipers.

Old 03-27-10, 11:50 AM   #21
bacon12

No problem with 1 or 2 snipers, but there are way to many people sniping. I was on a team with 7 snipers the other day. Might as well give the other team a 7 player handicap and try to win.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 02:54 PM   #22
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Snipers are powerful in BC2. It's really easy to rack up kills as them, and they have the mortar strike against vehicles or groups.

If you have an enemy team of mostly snipers you won't do much good running around as any of the other classes. Many games I've had you start with a mix of classes then gradually everybody goes sniper, each have their own bush and wait for somebody to get bored and walk into the open and get shot 10 times by 10 different snipers.
That's what I do, and rape snipers with knife. 99% of them are so intent on watching their scope, they dont even notice me knifing all their friends around them.
I don't think I have ever been in a match where JUST the snipers make the difference between winning and losing. I have been in matches where all the other classes independently can be the difference. You just have to play smart against them, and stop running around in the open.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 12:26 AM   #23
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
You should be hanging out away from the battle. What the article is saying is there is a proper roll for this class. He is right but I just can't stand all the crying about video games.

Here is how I play the sniper which is how I blieve the class was intended. I set back out of sight and elevated a bit. I call out the positions so the orange triangles show up on the map. I snipe as back up most the time and I call in mortar attacks to drive the enemy away from my squad. If we are arming a crate I will call in mortar a couple of seconds after my squad gets out of the building. Then I cover the crate with head shots to any who try to disarm it. I do this if my squad is working together. If it is just everyone out killing stuff then I do sit back and rack up kills sniping. I don't see anything wrong with that.
How not to play sniper is simple. That is playing the class on squad rush when theres 8 people, 4v4. Your sniper is sitting back sniping, while the enemy is right next to him planting a bomb to blow up the objective.

Today I watched a guy on my team sit atop a roof sniping people while one guy below him took the base, and left. He sit there for a good 10 minutes and never once, attempted to run down and capture that base, even though there was absolutely no one down there to stop him from doing so.

Today we watched an entire server end up dieing on one side, because half the team were people playing snipers, and they were losing so bad because about 8 people were just sitting in their main base sniping on the Panama Canal Map.

No one is whining, but snipers are pathetic in this game, and it really just shows how lame people have gotten.
Old 03-28-10, 01:50 AM   #24
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

there are not many situations I can think off where a sniper will DOMINATE. Maybe on the attacking team on Isla Innocente, but even then, defending team can flank and rape.
I have seen many tens (if not hundreds) of snipers offer absolutely nothing, that I just ignore them...hate it when they are in my squad though.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote