Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-10, 02:39 PM   #229
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11
Default Re: Man, it is sooo hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
You guys don't even understand what is really going on. Give me 10 minutes with you in person to show you 3D gaming and then you will comprehend the real lead Nvidia has in gaming. It adds that much more. Unless you personally have experienced this generation you have no room to speak. I have educated thousands of people on this over the lasr few weeks.
To me all 3D is a gimmick and nothing more Darth. So save your breath on me, you can't "educate" me on it. I'm not stupid I know what 3D is it's not really educating anyone. I hate fan boys, I really do. You support NVIDIA because of the partnership you have with them.

I for one want 3D anything to die a miserable death. Movies, television and gaming. I get migraines, head splitting pain you couldn't imagine. Every time I go to a 3D movie I come out out with one so until this technology either goes away or evolves past the use of glasses and the annoying headaches it gives me I won't touch it.

So no thank you sir, I'll buy NVIDIA or ATI for any other gimmick but not 3D. It's stupid and dumb its not real its just an optical illusion. It makes studios and game developers lazy. Avatar had a horrible plot but was an awesome movie because it was "pretty". That's all your encouraging here is pretty games with less story and depth because they wanted to focus on making the gun look like its coming out of the screen at you. Stupid, just plain stupid. I don't care so no you won't sell me on a GPU just because it has 3D. You're wasting your breath and many probably feel the same way.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:24 PM   #230
onmikesline

i wear glasses when im watching tv and on my pc, so that means i have to put the "3D GLASSES" over my glasses?
and over 50% of people wear glasses to.

i can go on and on with the '3D" thing to, like how it was a big deal in the 70s and look how that turned out lol. we repeat the past every 20 years it seems. wow 3D lol. i can understand the 3 monitor for gaming. but i dont think ill trade up my 30'' for 3 smaller lcds
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:33 PM   #231
Ninja Prime

I'm not a fan of 3D or mulitmonitor either. I wish they'd drop that crap and work on making better cards. I can see work use for 2-3 monitors, but for gaming it seems lame to me, unless you had that $6500 dollar monitor mike linked, maybe one day they'll be cheap enough to become common.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 04:55 PM   #232
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
You guys don't even understand what is really going on. Give me 10 minutes with you in person to show you 3D gaming and then you will comprehend the real lead Nvidia has in gaming. It adds that much more. Unless you personally have experienced this generation you have no room to speak. I have educated thousands of people on this over the lasr few weeks.
I totally agree. There is simply no better immersion factor than playing in 3D. You can keep and multi-screen solutions until after they remove bezels from LCD's. It would just be to distracting for me. When and only when that has been done would I even consider it.

Anyone who says that 3D sucks with gaming. Have you actually tried it. If you haven't, then you have no idea what you are talking about. You should at least have seen it in action before putting it down.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 05:03 PM   #233
trivium nate

i thought this was a thread about temperatures outside ha its 84 here,

but anyways as for that ostendo curved monitor i prefer one big monitor to 6 seperate ones but imagine 6 crvd monitors
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 05:06 PM   #234
onmikesline

ill wait till they have 3D without the 3D glasses, then that revolutionary. they are using the same technology from the 70s. put the glasses on and watch the screen
Old 04-03-10, 05:13 PM   #235
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
ill wait till they have 3D without the 3D glasses, then that revolutionary. they are using the same technology from the 70s. put the glasses on and watch the screen
It looks nothing like the old red and blue glasses though. The 3D is amazing, way better than the Avatar movie. They turned down the 3D in that. That and you can also adjust the depth of the 3D. You honestly need to try it out, just go and see it with an open mind. Don't go in thinking this is going to suck.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 05:25 PM   #236
onmikesline

here you go guys, this is your nvidia 3D glasses
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=3d%20vision

Old 04-03-10, 06:23 PM   #237
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

You seem to be missing something onmikesline

WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:59 PM   #238
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I'm using a 46" 1080p screen as my main PC display for years now. The DPI is not an issue for 2D working/normal usage. And I'm very used to 2560x1600 because my Mac is connected to a 30" screen.

So there's no need in trying to sell Eyefinity for your employer here...

So l guess when i go to best buy or future shop in my area,and compare the average 24" LCD screen that supports 1920*1080 and then go see a larger display a 40" and over supporting the same resolution,that when it comes to reading text like on these forums,the larger display looks like **** compared to the smaller one,right?....text looks much sharper and well defined on a smaller display supporting the same resolutions basically.

And you even have the gall to say you love the 2560*1600 resolutions on a 30" display,which last i checked,is a higher resolution on a much smaller display compared to what's available on larger home theater oriented LCD TV's,

Quote:
haha like I said before... "coming in a future driver" is a constant state of mind for ATI users

Seems to me that you'll also have to wait for a future driver to enable 3 displays using SLI.....A driver series starting with the 256 number according to reviews...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 07:37 PM   #239
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
A driver series starting with the 256 number according to reviews...
that will be out in April 2010, and its the official Fermi release driver
Old 04-03-10, 08:06 PM   #240
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
that will be out in April 2010, and its the official Fermi release driver

Anantech reports it being released in april as well,and given that the cards only hit retail shelves on the 12th of april anyhow,hopefully they'll be the drivers that actually ship with the cards.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote