Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-22-10, 10:13 PM   #1
Rollo

Default I have seen the future....

and it freaking rocks. Been playing some Metro 2033 tonight, and to say I'm "excited" would be an understatement.

PhysX + DX11 in this title is a world that will amaze you, this is what immersion is about.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 10:16 PM   #2
lee63
Classified

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Maxed out with AA ???
Old 03-22-10, 10:22 PM   #3
methimpikehoses

Is the future loud and hot?
Old 03-22-10, 11:05 PM   #4
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
and it freaking rocks. Been playing some Metro 2033 tonight, and to say I'm "excited" would be an understatement.

PhysX + DX11 in this title is a world that will amaze you, this is what immersion is about.
You do know that physx is just a gimmick that will never take off. In fact I hope it never does just like this crap 3D television. I don't need to wear glasses that make me dizzy to watch TV! Okay back on topic, as for DX11 that's not really the future since ATI has been able to do it for months now, more like that's NVIDIA catching up to the future.

God I swear, I have nothing against NVIDIA but vague PR garbage from a man endorsed by NVIDIA makes me not want to buy their products. I really don't like people like you. Sorry just my opinion. What is the point of this post?! Nothing really its meaningless and stupid drivel. I was looking forward to this Friday but if you keep this up you'll make my mind up for me and I'll just go with ATI just to spite you!

I should go to be now I'm tired.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 02:01 AM   #5
blurter

Yeah blah blah blah Rollo

The wheels have come off and the cart has crashed already man, what are you trying to do? carry the PR wagon solo or something.
blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:06 AM   #6
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
You do know that physx is just a gimmick that will never take off. In fact I hope it never does just like this crap 3D television. I don't need to wear glasses that make me dizzy to watch TV! Okay back on topic, as for DX11 that's not really the future since ATI has been able to do it for months now, more like that's NVIDIA catching up to the future.

God I swear, I have nothing against NVIDIA but vague PR garbage from a man endorsed by NVIDIA makes me not want to buy their products. I really don't like people like you. Sorry just my opinion. What is the point of this post?! Nothing really its meaningless and stupid drivel. I was looking forward to this Friday but if you keep this up you'll make my mind up for me and I'll just go with ATI just to spite you!

I should go to be now I'm tired.
Why so negative.

As for 3D being rubbish. It isn't and not by any stretch of the imagination. Just because you may have never seen it or are interested in it, doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who are. I tell you this. There is no better gaming immersion than 3D period. Honestly, you really do feel as if you are a part of the world. 2D gaming, just doesn't compare.

As for DX11 comment, it is the future. ATM there are only a couple of games that support it. And even then there won't be full support until such time as consoles are able to do it.

Don't be so negative and perk up for goodness sakes.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 06:02 AM   #7
Rollo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt8DEEEMTHw

Se for yourselves, PhysX is no "gimmick". It adds a lot to the level of immersion while playing the game, and only NVIDIA DX11 card owners will get the full experience of this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/me...ge/review.html
Game critics agree with me that it's a lot of fun.

This what I mean when I say ATi users lock themselves out of what high end gaming has become- you get no PhysX, and this game is optomised for 3D Vision as well.

This stuff transcends brand loyalty IMO- buying an ATi card now is just too limiting. ATi is doing nothing to advance the computer gaming experience.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-23-10, 06:06 AM   #8
onmikesline

metropcs
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-10, 06:14 AM   #9
guy_uoft

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt8DEEEMTHw

Se for yourselves, PhysX is no "gimmick". It adds a lot to the level of immersion while playing the game, and only NVIDIA DX11 card owners will get the full experience of this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/me...ge/review.html
Game critics agree with me that it's a lot of fun.

This what I mean when I say ATi users lock themselves out of what high end gaming has become- you get no PhysX, and this game is optomised for 3D Vision as well.

This stuff transcends brand loyalty IMO- buying an ATi card now is just too limiting. ATi is doing nothing to advance the computer gaming experience.

LOL, you're pathetic, stop, just stop.
guy_uoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 06:17 AM   #10
JH24

Quote:

I haven't played Metro 2033 yet, but I'm definitely interested. I might pick it up soon after I finish my Project at work later this week.

Rollo, you aren't playing this game on a shiny new 4x0 GTX card, are you?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 06:36 AM   #11
PeterJensen

Info please?
Old 03-23-10, 06:44 AM   #12
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I haven't played Metro 2033 yet, but I'm definitely interested. I might pick it up soon after I finish my Project at work later this week.

Rollo, you aren't playing this game on a shiny new 4x0 GTX card, are you?
Can't comment on the rig....seem to have a strange mental block.......

I could be playing on a 5870 with a 9800GT for PhysX and hacked drivers.....but I can't recall what I put in the box last week exactly.....

Rig 2: