Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-10, 04:39 PM   #61
ViN86

Default Re: So... I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2... bored already

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I agree, but when it comes to BFBC2, you can do both and not go for the objective if you don't want to. If you choose to take a machine gun or shotgun, then yeah you'd better get on the frontlines.
I disagree. The point of BC2 is the objective. So if you're playing rush and on offense then there shouldn't be any snipers. On defense, you can snipe/camp because you just need to keep them from getting the point heh.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 04:53 PM   #62
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I disagree. The point of BC2 is the objective. So if you're playing rush and on offense then there shouldn't be any snipers. On defense, you can snipe/camp because you just need to keep them from getting the point heh.
Yup. I will snipe on offense sometimes, but I don't just sit a mile back. I will scope out what is going on, spot people, throw out a sensor and then move up. I hate people who just sit back and then whine because their team "sux" because WE didn't win it. Half of every team are recons and it is really annoying when they are ALL sitting up on ONE hill and not doing ANYTHING except sniping. If you are an AWESOME sniper, I don't mind at all. If you can pick off everybody with headshots and never miss. Have at it. But when you need ammo refilled every 2 kills... you suck and you should play something else. I got most of my recon score from running in with a shotgun/m1 garand. The problem on offense is the fact that a medic is too useful. Not to say that is a bad thing, but if you defib somebody you get your spawn ticket back. It helps out TREMENDOUSLY when you are trying to actually win.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 05:16 AM   #63
K007

Quote:
i snipe on off and def, it's all about using what u need to get to the target. Spotting is very very nice, and taking out targets from a distance to clear a pathway for your squad is great!

not to mention taking out people who try to defuse the bomb is very very easy picking
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 05:19 AM   #64
wysiwyg

snipers are what kill me mainly

grrrr
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 08:21 AM   #65
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

11 kill 1 death round last night sniping.

Sniping is kinda fun in this game, but so is it in every game. :P
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 08:23 AM   #66
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Tyger just hates this because he sucks at sniping. I was playing against him last night on the server and I WTFPWNED him and saw he was hiding in some bushes. So I broke out my trusty old M95 and went to TOWN ON HIM!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

But seriously Tyger, keep playing because in this game, ranks actually DO matter. If you are sniping it helps to throw motion sensors (4 on the keyboard) toward objectives because ANYBODY killed near those will give you 20 points and stuff and it helps the team out a lot. Other than that I can just say recon with a shotgun is actually AWESOME.
play against me again tonight. When I played with nvnews I was just screwing around.... and it was only my 2nd game of BFBC2 ever. First time i've played a BF game in YEARS.

about 30% of the rust is off now(plenty to beat you with). Bring it. Make sure you bring your salsa dancing boyfriend with you too. It will be 2 vs 1.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 08:36 AM   #67
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

rofl, yall don't want to face me in the winter lvl, the fat lady will spill her guts from singin so darn much...
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 08:40 AM   #68
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
If the game is all about teamwork, you as a Recon, will spot out enemies before the rest of the crew rushes in and you can snipe out the baddies as they try to flank or ambush your team. Get what I'm saying? I have played Recon to where I will rush in as well, but it just doesn't feel right with that particular class. Just my opinion.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-10, 08:56 AM   #69
Bearclaw

This game rawks.
Old 03-31-10, 09:08 AM   #70
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'll be playing some tonight if anyone wants to join.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:49 PM   #71
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
play against me again tonight. When I played with nvnews I was just screwing around.... and it was only my 2nd game of BFBC2 ever. First time i've played a BF game in YEARS.

about 30% of the rust is off now(plenty to beat you with). Bring it. Make sure you bring your salsa dancing boyfriend with you too. It will be 2 vs 1.
You ain't got nothing for me, son!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:31 PM   #72
DiscipleDOC

You two, get a room.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote