Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-10, 04:42 PM   #85
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: GTA IV PC - Episodes from Liberty City and new patch details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
GTA BOGT has the best night clubs ever. I just finished a mission in one and it looked amazing with loads of people in it and what sounds like a proper DJ.

Awesome atmosphere in the clubs.
That mission reminded me of the awesome club level in Kane & Lynch, which did it slightly better I thought.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 12:37 AM   #86
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

So GD pissed off right now. My EFLC steam download got stuck at 99.9%. Stayed that way for over 24 hours. The only fix is to delete all files and start over...
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 12:43 AM   #87
MaXThReAT

I don't know. I was able to obtain better setting before the patch and with ENB forget about it things were so much better. It’s really too bad ENB no longer works and he quit. I really hope he pulls through it and codes for this new update. I'm getting a lot more textures and shadows popping in and out than before and FPS lows and highs seem out of control. Big thumbs down on this patch, I hope they change a few things back with a quick patch. I was able to set a 30+ view distance with max settings before. The below setting are fluid on my rig and I'm not allow to set them any higher I could understand but it seemed better before.

Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 03:19 AM   #88
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

view distance 8 lol
Old 04-20-10, 03:39 AM   #89
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
gta iv only 7.50 from d2d right now

http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/spring-sale/
Or £3.95 for EU. That's even cheaper
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 03:43 AM   #90
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
I don't know. I was able to obtain better setting before the patch and with ENB forget about it things were so much better. Itís really too bad ENB no longer works and he quit. I really hope he pulls through it and codes for this new update. I'm getting a lot more textures and shadows popping in and out than before and FPS lows and highs seem out of control. Big thumbs down on this patch, I hope they change a few things back with a quick patch. I was able to set a 30+ view distance with max settings before. The below setting are fluid on my rig and I'm not allow to set them any higher I could understand but it seemed better before.

A lot of people on the GTA forums are complaining about the same problem and random serious slow down.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 11:47 AM   #91
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
Been hanging out at Hercules have you?
hahah. That reminds me about the talk on the radio about this guy who was asking about the best clubs in the area and some guy recommended it. The guy who wanted the club kept talking about how he was going to pick some women up in there, lol.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 08:45 PM   #92
logan

I'm getting a bit tired of all the prompts and clicks to get into the game now... Before I just had one to start GTA IV and then I'd wait for the social club to load (if it wasn't already) and the intro. Now I have to click to start the game, click offline on the social club prompt since they no longer accept accounts with a "+" sign in the email address or something, click ok on the "you can't do anything online in offline mode" notice that comes up every damn time you select offline mode, select GTA IV at the game selection, blah blah blah. Anyone know if there's some offline mode switch I can use to bypass all this junk and/or maybe one to select the game at the GTA IV | Episodes selection screen? I don't even have Episodes from Liberty City. Why do I need a selection for that? Grr.

Performance doesn't seem any better for me... It's hard to say if it's any different, but I don't remember quite as many slowdowns the first time I played the game. I also seem to get way more of those generic undetailed area views, featureless maps that take a second to render. I only remember 2 from my first time, one was in the apartment near the car dealer and Alex Chilton's place (not Playboy's) and I think the other was on a bridge to Roman's second apartment. Now I get 'em all over the place and they'll sometimes cycle through twice in a row, it's really distracting.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-10, 02:30 AM   #93
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

gta4 does have quite a bit of prompts.. but I dunno, for some reason I can't hate the game for them. The only really annoying part is that you get an additional prompt if you don't choose to logon to rockstar.

Oh btw, I rescently installed windows 7 and reinstalled gta4 for the new patch. For some reason gta4 allways took a long time to initialize.. the startup loading sequence would take almost as long as the music track playing (half of it, the HD sat idle for some reason, this happened on more then one Vista installations), and some times the track would finish before the world finished loading. In windows 7 I get 3 characters and boom, im in. It loads like 4x faster.
Old 04-23-10, 03:14 AM   #94
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
gta4 does have quite a bit of prompts.. but I dunno, for some reason I can't hate the game for them. The only really annoying part is that you get an additional prompt if you don't choose to logon to rockstar.

Oh btw, I rescently installed windows 7 and reinstalled gta4 for the new patch. For some reason gta4 allways took a long time to initialize.. the startup loading sequence would take almost as long as the music track playing (half of it, the HD sat idle for some reason, this happened on more then one Vista installations), and some times the track would finish before the world finished loading. In windows 7 I get 3 characters and boom, im in. It loads like 4x faster.
The latest patch did that, which is nice.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 10:12 AM   #95
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

BoGT was pretty sweet. I enjoyed it more than TLoD. Yusuf is one funny mother****er and the story was generally better if you ask me. Was also nice to see more of Brucie in BoGT too. Took about 10 hours to complete compared to 7 for the lost. Pretty good value for money considering I barely did any of the other side stuff for both episodes. Recommended
Old 04-23-10, 01:27 PM   #96
wysiwyg

yusuf voiced by brit comedian omid djalili

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOI5K8E7WQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omid_Djalili

i recognised his voice instantly
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote