Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-10, 11:03 PM   #1
K007

Default Anyone follow the IW drama?

So it seems there is massive **** going with Activ/IW and it has also delayed MW3 (No point releasing on PC since its going to be a console experience anyway.)

So the two guys that initially left has made a new company called Respawn Entertainment (clever name btw)

Quote:
Jason West and Vince Zampella, Ex Infinity Ward staff and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty franchise, announced the formation of a new development studio Respawn Entertainment. The move positions the Respawn Entertainment leadership team as the owners of the intellectual property they create with a focus on creating state-of-the-art gaming experiences for global audiences.Respawn is pleased to also announce that it has awarded Electronic Arts, through the distinguished EA Partners program, exclusive worldwide publishing and distribution rights to future games.
Quote:
With such leading key members of the Call of Duty franchise working on a new title for EA Games, this could potentially be the successor to Modern Warfare and blow its domination within the industry to pieces. West and Zampella have not yet announced what the first title from Respawn might be and if it would directly compete with Call of Duty, but in an interview with LA Times, West did say he expected it to be of “huge, summer blockbuster” scale – adding that they would consider turning their games into films, comic books and other media.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 01:11 AM   #2
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: Anyone follow the IW drama?

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 01:21 AM   #3
ViN86

I hope Respawn puts out a game that destroys Activision.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 01:39 AM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I hope Respawn puts out a game that has an actual system for... respawns. Call of Duty games have always been horrible for respawns.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 02:55 AM   #5
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
So it seems there is massive **** going with Activ/IW and it has also delayed MW3 (No point releasing on PC since its going to be a console experience anyway.)

So the two guys that initially left has made a new company called Respawn Entertainment (clever name btw)
There is another article about other key IW employees resigning, but it is not clear if they are joining Respawn.
Old 04-16-10, 04:02 AM   #6
K007

I am guessing all the ideas they had for MW3 will end up in what ever Respawn puts out. Which is what all the court stuff is about atm.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 06:49 AM   #7
Logical

This complete U-turn is hilarious. It is so ironic because it is exactly what 2015 did to EA when the head designers departed and formed IW published by Activision.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 06:53 AM   #8
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I hope Respawn puts out a game that destroys Activision.
+1.

This.

Old 04-16-10, 07:11 AM   #9
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I am guessing all the ideas they had for MW3 will end up in what ever Respawn puts out. Which is what all the court stuff is about atm.
Do they really need ideas? wasnt MW2 pretty much the same as MW?
Old 04-16-10, 07:59 AM   #10
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I'm hoping the whole team leaves Activision.

Not going to make a huge dent on sales though, half of gamers buy games on name alone and hype / advertising makes up most of the rest. Perhaps the first CoD they release from IW after this will be a mess and cause a franchise crash but I doubt it.
Old 04-16-10, 08:36 AM   #11
Yaboze

Well IW only coded 2 of the CoD games didn't they? They don't own the series. Doesn't Activision decide what the game is going to be and it's content/story? That's the way I always saw it. Activision would just say "Hey IW, make a modern CoD4 with this kind of story, blah blah".

My point is, saying they're going to make a killer game is just hype right now. MW2 sucked. They are at ground 0 and it takes years to put a game out.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 09:22 AM   #12
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Well IW only coded 2 of the CoD games didn't they? They don't own the series. Doesn't Activision decide what the game is going to be and it's content/story? That's the way I always saw it. Activision would just say "Hey IW, make a modern CoD4 with this kind of story, blah blah".

My point is, saying they're going to make a killer game is just hype right now. MW2 sucked. They are at ground 0 and it takes years to put a game out.
no iw made most of the games. cod cod 2 cod mw and cod mw2
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX