Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-06-02, 09:28 PM   #13
PCarr78

Kiler

Please PLEASE get a nonpixellated version of the opengl logo.

It's ludicrous the way it is now.

Also, layer all that on top of a background, not just plain white
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 09:31 PM   #14
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveW
I say its extremely annoying.

With PSP you can tell that the real users of it have had a lot more say in its design. A lot of it is simple stuff, for example, after you make a selection, the move tool is selected by default. In PSP if you magic wand a certain color and hit delete it is filled with transparency, PS fills it with the background color. Making a simple straight lines in PSP is easy, in PS you have that annoying pen tool.

I have a hard time believing that the guys at Adobe even use their own product.
It's not very hard to get used to PS's GUI. All of the stuff that's on the main toolbar and other menus can be activated with a key. Even though you make a selection and it doesnt automatically select the move tool you hit the "v" key and there you have it. Not very hard

As to magic wand in PS. When you hit delete after applying magic wand your selection will be filled with a color only if you have background color specified. If it's transparent, your selection will also be transparent.

By the way there is also the line tool which is very useful.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 09:34 PM   #15
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]

Photoshop has sucked royally since version 6, and that's FACT.
How can you say that? Do you use it everyday? Of course it sucks if you don't know your way around it. I've used Photoshop for a long time and I really like it. I have tried other products but they are no near PS.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 09-06-02, 09:42 PM   #16
PCarr78

Listen, I've used photoshop since 2.5. I know my way around, got it ?

In version 6, they MOLESTED the interface.

Version 5 and before, the interface was easy, fast, and pleasant to work with. Now what do we have? Crap. Stinky crap, at that.

I was hoping they'd go back with version 7, but nope, still the same CRAP ui.
Old 09-06-02, 09:43 PM   #17
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

How is it now?
Any ideas, critics are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emuforumssig.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	211  
Old 09-06-02, 09:45 PM   #18
PCarr78

Much slicker, but could use some work.

Could you send me the original, layered file?

I'll try out an idea i have.
Old 09-06-02, 10:14 PM   #19
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]
Listen, I've used photoshop since 2.5. I know my way around, got it ?

In version 6, they MOLESTED the interface.

Version 5 and before, the interface was easy, fast, and pleasant to work with. Now what do we have? Crap. Stinky crap, at that.

I was hoping they'd go back with version 7, but nope, still the same CRAP ui.
Maybe you haven't used it often enough to grasp the new iface
Bare in mind that PS is the "industry standard". Why is GIMP based on PS and not PSP or Corel?

Old 09-06-02, 10:40 PM   #20
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

"Industry standard" just means a large market share, which probably has more to do with it being owned by Adobe than anything else.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-02, 10:41 PM   #21
volt

That would be true only if less people used PS than other products.

Old 09-06-02, 11:21 PM   #22
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sig.zip (62.8 KB, 132 views)
Old 09-06-02, 11:26 PM   #23
PCarr78

Quote:
Originally posted by d1rX

Maybe you haven't used it often enough to grasp the new iface
Bare in mind that PS is the "industry standard". Why is GIMP based on PS and not PSP or Corel?
because both psp and corel SUCK

I use it daily, come now, i'm no n00b.

I just got work done faster in v3, 4, 5, 5.5, etc

I'm not saying 6 and 7 arent good, they have some useful features, but i can't get over the ui and how sucky they've made it. And i'm not the only one.

The head artist over at matrox is a good friend of mine. As such, i get a sneek peak at what they do there. (The 'reef demo'... well, lets say i saw the early renders and the Max4 scenes... I also know what limitations the engine of the demo has...) Anyway, to make a long story short, i built his comp. He brought me all the software he wanted to install, and i noticed he got photoshop5. Surely matrox could give him photoshop7... he Is the head artist after all.

"So, XXXXX, why PS5, you must appreciate the new features in ps7...?"

"I don't appreciate the new UI. It sucks"

And i agree completely.
Old 09-06-02, 11:27 PM   #24
PCarr78

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Here you go.
thx