Old 04-20-10, 07:24 AM   #26
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Bad Company 2 Client Patch 7 Change List

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
nerf the noob tubes!
No damn way! It's the only way for downranked people to counteract the Carl Gustav and M60!

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:55 AM   #27
Yaboze

This is a good game that won't die down for a while, at least until something else comes along.

My problem with these huge map games (BF series) is that the fight starts and I head off to where the action is only to get picked off by a sniper. 5 mins of travel, boom dead.

I cut my teeth on Doom 2, GL Quakeworld, Quake 2 and a lot of Quake 3. These all have small maps. I was quite good at those games. I love the visceral action.

But running or driving for 5 mins only to get sniped just pisses me off, so I tend to go back to the smaller maps of MW1 and 2.

Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 10:09 AM   #28
Sgt_Pitt

CG isnt overpowered, the reload time balances it out, and you can't use it at close distance or you'll kill yourself.

M60 is way OP, 2 hit kills from sniping distance is bs.

I love the CG, nothing more satisfying than getting a triple kill from halfway across the map, or downing a heli, and yes there is skill invloved in using it.
I'ts not that i can't use any other weapon, i just enjoy using the CG, will be a shame if they nerf it.

I don't really find myself dying to a CG that often, so it can't be too OP.
Old 04-20-10, 11:03 AM   #29
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
True. But as for the CG, I've never been able to kill more than two people at once. I think nades are underpowered in this game. I can throw a nade at a group of four guys and only two are killed.
This...

Oh btw, for assaults out there like me, why does my MM40 nade disappear without damaging anyone at close range!? It goes through the world at close range, and I've lost some key fights due to this dumb bug. At least kill me and everyone else in the vicinity!
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 11:17 AM   #30
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Why nerf the CG? In real life, one hit would turn you into a ground beef. And with an M60, 4 hits that should be enough to put any person down in real life, even one hit to the chest. Why nerf the weapon, this isn't Halo 3.
It's still a game, and it wouldn't be fun if everyone died in 1 or 2 shots from automatic fire.

Quote:
True. But as for the CG, I've never been able to kill more than two people at once. I think nades are underpowered in this game. I can throw a nade at a group of four guys and only two are killed.
+1 this about the grenades... i said it since the beta, they are underpowered. I survived grenades manytimes when they've been thrown up in houses where i stand, but if they are not closer than 1.5 meters from me then i survive the nade. Nerf the noob tubes instead, shorten the range of them atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Oh btw, for assaults out there like me, why does my MM40 nade disappear without damaging anyone at close range!? It goes through the world at close range, and I've lost some key fights due to this dumb bug. At least kill me and everyone else in the vicinity!
Y3eah, i've stumbled opon this many times, i think it has to do with the angle and the speed the projectile has. It will bounce off and will result in no explotion.
Old 04-20-10, 12:04 PM   #31
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
CG isnt overpowered, the reload time balances it out, and you can't use it at close distance or you'll kill yourself.
In my experiences this is not true. I've been killed point blank a few times by the CG and it did not kill the person firing it. The most recent incident was I was running around the corner of a wall with my AEK out and at the same time an enemy with a CG was running around the same corner in the opposite direction. We see each other I can start to fire my AEK. I get about two or three rounds of before he fires his CG. I'm dead and he runs off. My connection might have something to do with this, but it didn't just happen once.
Old 04-20-10, 12:42 PM   #32
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
This...

Might be on purpose, the nades out of a M230 don't go live until they travelled a certain distance. In RL thats a safety feature so soldiers don't blow themselves up in the heat of a fight. The GRAW games also had this feature, and you could riccochet the nade around a corner into someones face.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-10, 01:04 PM   #33
Shikami

The CG is not overpowering at all. It is perfectly balanced. If you are in a position for a weapon to be used then by all means it will be used against you whether it is too powerful or not. The ACP is not overpowered either. It only has a 7 round clip. Any well movable target will cause you to expend most or all of the clip with no kill. I go toe to toe often with the 60 and do not die, because if you are in a particular range it is not easy to keep a perfect iron sight on the target. But I do think this needs a bit of a tone down.

The 40mm does not need a nerf at all, and is perfectly balanced. It would be ridiculous If some of these weapons, especially the 40mm, becomes a two shot one kill. It would have no purpose, but to mouse-hole. The common argument from me would be: who is the noob? The one that uses the 40 or the one that the 40 can be used on? A basic rule of thumb, obviously, is never be a target. Just to note recently, I have had people survive a 40 and 2 bursts into the head with magnum ammo and not die. If this is going to be the game, I say bull****, I am gone. I don't need a bunch of incapable people ruining the game for me because they get easily shot up.

Most of the issue is how people play. The simple rules of how to engage the opposition, spheres of influence, use of ordinance, etc, are never considered by most. For instance why place yourself in the house by a window to be seen and 40mil'ed? If you use cover it should not be known were the cover was. Only if it is non-destructible do I place myself close to it. Any wall I am usually not close to or ever place myself against. There are a few non-destructible objects in the game and should be known by the player.

I die more due to how people play and do not cooperate than I do by the “noobish” means they complain about!

PS - I am glad they are removing invulnerability to a defib. That pissed me off one day when The defib'ee was blocking my shot to the medic. There always should be the thought of secure an area before a defib, and a penalty for those that do not follow it.
Shikami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 01:30 PM   #34
mojoman0

From Baza
Quote:
Yes, there is a Hardcore server filter and yes the servers remember Hardcore mode
Quote:
As said earlier in the thread we are looking at the revive invincibility and will remove it in the PC version of the game.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 01:57 PM   #35
ViN86

Quote:
If you're slightly hurt and you are anywhere near a nade you will die. The nades are very effective if the people are hurting. If they are at full health, then the nade needs to be practically under them.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 05:19 PM   #36
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post

M60 is way OP, 2 hit kills from sniping distance is bs.

I love the CG, nothing more satisfying than getting a triple kill from halfway across the map, or downing a heli, and yes there is skill invloved in using it.
I'ts not that i can't use any other weapon, i just enjoy using the CG, will be a shame if they nerf it.

I don't really find myself dying to a CG that often, so it can't be too OP.

and you don't find being able to get a triple kill form halfway across the map overpowered at all? I watched my buddy score a kill from D to A in Panama Canal with a single shot from a CG. It is NOT meant to be a sniper rifle. The CG pretty much ruins Arica Harbor conquest single handed.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote