K007

Default Re: SC2 Beta Key Pre-Order

pcgamer had 800 keys to give away, and teamliquid has 500 keys fyi
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 12:15 PM   #14
DansFace

hey guys add me!

mattsface.matt is my battle net name. Lets do some random 2v2 or 1v1s tonight to get our game back!

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 12:22 PM   #15
K007

i am rank 1 now, but i want to get up the league to at least gold, right now i have like 1600+ raiting and the rank 2 is only 1400~..i wish it moves me up so i can get a better challenge, i've been getting a few random silver people as well and man some of them are soooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.....

add me

Jinzo.Jinzo...

Old 04-22-10, 12:23 PM   #16
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i am rank 1 now, but i want to get up the league to at least gold, right now i have like 1600+ raiting and the rank 2 is only 1400~..i wish it moves me up so i can get a better challenge, i've been getting a few random silver people as well and man some of them are soooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.....

add me

Jinzo.Jinzo...

i'll add you man
can you point me in the direction of some good openers? the only one i know is the three rax for terran..

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
Old 04-22-10, 12:29 PM   #17
K007

i am full zerg mate, since i played UD in w3, it was easier for me to get the idea how the tech tree works/etc. the way the tech tree works is soooo much more different on the other races...

protoss seems to be the only race that is polished in the game, terrain is next, and zerg is the worst out of the entire bunch.

most terrains wall up the choke point, and then u got a few strats, but the most effective and strongest is the MMM ball.

Marine/Marauder/Medavac, with a time push, does insane dmg, stim up and watch bases fall down instantly in a blink of an eye....very annoying so hard to beat..which is why as zerg i just use zerglings/bane to bust open since the mmm build has a weak infantry count at the start, its just the gay walls are impossible to break down without banelings.
Old 04-22-10, 12:31 PM   #18
K007

and don't give out ure email address.
Old 04-22-10, 12:35 PM   #19
DansFace

Quote:
and don't give out ure email address.
fixed :]
My zerg is horrible... the only play time i've had before this is against cracked AI..

my opening right now is 10 overlord.. then 14 drone expand.. 15 extractor

Old 04-22-10, 01:06 PM   #20
Zelda_fan

Quote:
i am full zerg mate, since i played UD in w3, it was easier for me to get the idea how the tech tree works/etc. the way the tech tree works is soooo much more different on the other races...

protoss seems to be the only race that is polished in the game, terrain is next, and zerg is the worst out of the entire bunch.

most terrains wall up the choke point, and then u got a few strats, but the most effective and strongest is the MMM ball.

Marine/Marauder/Medavac, with a time push, does insane dmg, stim up and watch bases fall down instantly in a blink of an eye....very annoying so hard to beat..which is why as zerg i just use zerglings/bane to bust open since the mmm build has a weak infantry count at the start, its just the gay walls are impossible to break down without banelings.
I play protoss so perhaps I can give you a bit of advice. Problem with Zerg vs Protoss is that unless the Protoss player is an idiot Protoss will always pwn Zerg if the battles happen at the chokepoints. Completely takes away the Zerg number advantage. So what you gotta do is sneak an overlord to spawn creep at the protoss base. Put in a Nydus Network (preferably two) and proceed to rape his base.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-10, 01:44 PM   #21
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
fixed :]
My zerg is horrible... the only play time i've had before this is against cracked AI..

my opening right now is 10 overlord.. then 14 drone expand.. 15 extractor
usually people refer to zerg open as 10 pool/14pool + hatch/etc...

u wont need much gas till u have ure pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I play protoss so perhaps I can give you a bit of advice. Problem with Zerg vs Protoss is that unless the Protoss player is an idiot Protoss will always pwn Zerg if the battles happen at the chokepoints. Completely takes away the Zerg number advantage. So what you gotta do is sneak an overlord to spawn creep at the protoss base. Put in a Nydus Network (preferably two) and proceed to rape his base.
this used to work, but once u play better people u will see pylons around the base of the person.

right now protoss strength is wall up / forge/cannon. then build up immortal/stalker/sentries and a colossus, when they have there first one out they push out and its very hard to beat because this beats everything a zerg has, but i ve been going corruptors (take down colossus) hydra/muta....

colossus is getting a nerf anyway, the range/spread dmg it does is lethal to zerg and the force fields block out the zerg which leaves it very hard to push...

prot can usually get this around the 8 min mark~, the baneline/zerg push works pretty well too, i ve also done the cheese hatchery proxy/crawler push as well on them in 1v1
Old 04-22-10, 02:51 PM   #22
Zelda_fan

patch 9 just came out and no nerf to the colossus. Only protoss nerf is the immortal build time which is pretty fair imho. If I can pump immortals out, Zerg don't stand a chance. For what it's worth it takes a while before you get a robotics facility up. And it takes even longer to get the beam range upgrade. Until then the Colossi are worthless.

And even if they build plyons around the base, if you harass them at an expansion it'll draw their focus away from the Nydus Network, and if you build 2x Nydus it'll be really hard to take both down.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 07:34 PM   #23
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Quote:
God...people think that if SC2 was on Steam it would conflict with B.net and b.net social method.........................

I think people have played MW2 on steam and think thats how every game works in Steam....
If that comment was directed at my post to his comment, I'll explain why it'd conflict. If not then maybe someone will understand why it probably won't happen. I say that they have their own content system in b.net and by that I mean it's nearly identical and growing in similarity to Steam. With b.net comes a full social network for their games, a log in server for their games, an online store for their games and an account to manage and download your games on-line. While not implemented in the same way b.net has become very similar to Steam and I just don't see Blizzard having a reason or need for it.

I of course could be completely wrong it's just my guess. Why would you put your digital content on Steam when you could just sell it on your own site? I would think they'd have to pay some money to sell it on Steam and it's probably not worth it to them. That's my only logic in this, Blizzard has put a lot of effort into b.net to not continue to take it further. They probably don't want people going to something that in the future could be seen as competition to their service. But again just thoughts and opinions.

Martris.des is my name if anyone wants to add me. I'm an easy kill right now, been so long I suck really bad at the moment.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 08:53 PM   #24
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
If that comment was directed at my post to his comment, I'll explain why it'd conflict. If not then maybe someone will understand why it probably won't happen. I say that they have their own content system in b.net and by that I mean it's nearly identical and growing in similarity to Steam. With b.net comes a full social network for their games, a log in server for their games, an online store for their games and an account to manage and download your games on-line. While not implemented in the same way b.net has become very similar to Steam and I just don't see Blizzard having a reason or need for it.

I of course could be completely wrong it's just my guess. Why would you put your digital content on Steam when you could just sell it on your own site? I would think they'd have to pay some money to sell it on Steam and it's probably not worth it to them. That's my only logic in this, Blizzard has put a lot of effort into b.net to not continue to take it further. They probably don't want people going to something that in the future could be seen as competition to their service. But again just thoughts and opinions.

Martris.des is my name if anyone wants to add me. I'm an easy kill right now, been so long I suck really bad at the moment.
no it was not....what are u talking about?

Anyway the patch is MASSIVE!!