bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Ubisoft new DRM cracked

pirating is not allowed on this forum.
Old 04-22-10, 03:33 AM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Not sure why people thought this would change much. People will find a workaround for pretty much anything. Sucks, but it is the truth.
Old 04-22-10, 05:09 AM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Working for 2 months is pretty good, probably all they expected.

And this is not like SecuROM, where now all cracks will take a few hours, they will have to spend this long fully cracking every game released with this BS on it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
Old 04-22-10, 06:12 AM   #5
K007

It took them awhile tho, but now it means the Ubisoft internet method is cracked, so all future games using that method is null and any new games will be cracked / leaked early.

I haven't gotten AC2 but does it have a key? Y is there no key check valid?

Ill be curious to see how they handle Blizzards SC2 login method as it needs a valid login to get into the game....but then again the beta is cracked in a way, just no online access...
Old 04-22-10, 06:21 AM   #6
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Working for 2 months is pretty good, probably all they expected.

And this is not like SecuROM, where now all cracks will take a few hours, they will have to spend this long fully cracking every game released with this BS on it.
I don't think so. Some posts seem to suggest, that this is an actual crack and not a server emulator, that has been working for weeks and they just needed all the values.
Old 04-22-10, 06:55 AM   #7
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
I don't think so. Some posts seem to suggest, that this is an actual crack and not a server emulator, that has been working for weeks and they just needed all the values.
Yes, they are two different things. The emulator used a databate with server responses that were discovered one at a time from users, this is a crack of the ubisoft launcher. Basically they removed the query sequence to the servers. The game will not ask for anything, so it doesn't need anything in return... Which is also good news for users that wanted to buy the game but cannot have constant internet access for playing. The game needed internet access with the emulator as well AFAIK. But this... Buy and get the new crack...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Old 04-22-10, 07:19 AM   #8
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by qube View Post
Assassins Creed II torrents is out

You're such an idiot.

Assassin's Creed 2 released 1 month and 2 weeks ago. The DRM was a complete success if they held off pirates for 1 month 2 weeks. People with small brains like you don't realize that DRM is meant to slow down hackers, NOT prevent.

Fool.

Old 04-22-10, 07:33 AM   #9
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
You're such an idiot.

Assassin's Creed 2 released 1 month and 2 weeks ago. The DRM was a complete success if they held off pirates for 1 month 2 weeks. People with small brains like you don't realize that DRM is meant to slow down hackers, NOT prevent.

Fool.
I don't see how anyone can call this a success or victory. The only way I would say that is if it held off hackers until the game went to the bargin bin. If anything, it's a victory/success for the hacking community.

And didn't legit players get kicked out for the first week after this game released? I say UbiFAIL.
Old 04-22-10, 07:41 AM   #10
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I don't see how anyone can call this a success or victory. The only way I would say that is if it held off hackers until the game went to the bargin bin. If anything, it's a victory/success for the hacking community.

And didn't legit players get kicked out for the first week after this game released? I say UbiFAIL.
I am with Six here. Its fully cracked now, similar to replacing files, so it no longer needs internet access to work. Of course if something new comes out it wont get cracked right away, but this means that any new game by ubisoft using this new method will no longer work since it cracks the launcher itself, the game itself doesn't need a crack....at least thats how i read it.

But it did hold the piracy for this game for awhile, i think most would have just downloaded the iso and just sat and wait for a crack...so if people were going to pirate it before..they would have just waited for the crack.
Old 04-22-10, 08:38 AM   #11
DiscipleDOC

Friendly advice: Pirating games are not allowed here at NVNews. if you have games that have been pirated, then keep it to yourself.

Consider this as your last and final warning.
Old 04-22-10, 09:33 AM   #12
LurkerLito

This is a big lose to everyone really. Now the buy it and crack it people will be happy to buy the game. Ubi will happily say it took 2 months to get around the crack and say it worked. The crack will probably increase their sales now then at the same time they will say this garbage of theirs is necessary because now the piracy rate of this game will significantly increase because of the crack. I can't see any other outcome to this as being anything but bad news for everyone. For me it changes nothing, I am still boycotting all Ubisoft games till this DRM is gone officially. No ability to play single player while not connected to the net means no sale. That's the line and we should not let companies cross it IMO.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
Closed Thread