Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-29-10, 02:41 AM   #73
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Splinter Cell Conviction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
That's sort of the point. I don't WANT to accept the $60 charge.

Most gamers have accepted started with MW2, and I still haven't purchased that game.
Well when I said most people accepted it I meant on the console side, as every game there has been $60 for 4 years and sales are great.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 02:57 AM   #74
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well when I said most people accepted it I meant on the console side, as every game there has been $60 for 4 years and sales are great.
PC != console.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 03:13 AM   #75
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I got the deluxe edition on steam, and how exactly do I enable the extra suit and that infiltration mode?
Go into the Extra menu on the title screen and then Redeem Code, I think... put in your CD-Key.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 04:18 AM   #76
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
PC != console.
How does that matter? We get better versions, why should we pay less?

And don't tell me because there is no license fee, that does not effect you one way or the other. The simple fact is games have not risen in price on the PC since the 80s despite large amounts of inflation and cost of living increases. PC Gamer had an article recently about the $60 price point and it stated $50 in the 80s equals like $70 now, so $60 is still cheaper.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 04-29-10, 05:34 AM   #77
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Initial impressions were pretty bad, in an alleyway with AI that repeated the same lines over and over and over. Was pretty easy to just shoot them in the open.

Pumped the difficulty up to Realistic and now I get my ass handed to me if I charge out 9/10 times. It feels like you really need to use "fast stealth" so you have to move about around cover and also use the mark and execute to take down groups of enemies. It's not too bad so far, some of the story is pretty contrived though.
Old 04-29-10, 10:30 AM   #78
Uberpwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
How does that matter? We get better versions, why should we pay less?

And don't tell me because there is no license fee, that does not effect you one way or the other. The simple fact is games have not risen in price on the PC since the 80s despite large amounts of inflation and cost of living increases. PC Gamer had an article recently about the $60 price point and it stated $50 in the 80s equals like $70 now, so $60 is still cheaper.
+1

I brought this up in your MW2 thread last year. I find it a bit ironic that you've switched sides, but I guess PC gamer lends the argument some credibility.

I think it is the relatively abrupt change in price from $50 to $60 over the past 6 months is what is causing alarm. If Publishers had charged another dollar every year since 2000, no one would have really cared, but $10 is a 20% hike. While I think that publishers are just trying to keep up margins that they have had in years past, only time will tell, as they could continue raising prices $10 a year.

This has been a long time coming for PC gamers, we're now paying the price for the relatively better "deal" we have been getting each year. It's not pleasant, but it makes perfect sense and there is really no logic in protesting against it. If you were fine with $50 prices 10 years ago, you should, on principle, be fine with $60 prices now.
Windows 7 x64, 3DMark06:30000, 3DMark Vantage: P38000

Eurocom M860TU: X9100 - 9800M GT - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333 - 320GB 7200rpm - 15.4in 1920x1200
Uberpwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 10:35 AM   #79
wysiwyg

i cant find it to buy on steam (uk)
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 11:00 AM   #80
ViN86

All posts pertaining to piracy have been deleted. Keep this thread on track.

Mike89, we don't care what you do, just don't tell us about it. Keep your comments regarding pirating the game to yourself. That's not what this thread is about. This is your only warning.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-10, 11:01 AM   #81
ViN86

Game looks good but I am not going to pay $60 for it. I will wait for it to be in the $30 bin on Steam.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 11:46 AM   #82
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberpwnage View Post
+1

I brought this up in your MW2 thread last year. I find it a bit ironic that you've switched sides, but I guess PC gamer lends the argument some credibility.
Yeah, that PC Gamer article swayed me. It was well written and informative, everyone should read it.

Old 04-29-10, 02:45 PM   #83
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Don't get me started on prices here. Looking at 80-100USD.

I thought the 60USD price on Steam was regional, was gonna get one of you noobs to gift it to me for 50USD. :: Guess I'll just wait too. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:36 PM   #84
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Don't get me started on prices here. Looking at 80-100USD
What is standard wage in AUS though? Economies are different.