Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-15-10, 12:25 AM   #61
K007

Default Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I'm assuming that I'm not talking to complete noobs. Anyone who's played the game for more than five minutes knows a rush is going to be knocking on the door within the first five minutes of the game. And btw, a well timed fast expand roach push will absolute demolish any of the initial rushes (MMM and zealot rush) if you can micro well. It's a different story mid to late game, but in the beginning the Roach is king.

The 2 food is a nerf, but all it really means is you have to keep a much closer eye on your food count. If you have a fast expand you'll have minerals to spare (which I nearly always get when playing terran, and I usually get it when playing toss, against zerg you're on equal footing) so it really doesn't make a big difference. I think it'll get a buff next patch for what it's worth.

Brood Lord/Hydra is the best combo in the game right now.

First of all, anyone with any good sense knows Zerg is going to be gunning for Brood Lords late game. So it should never come as a surprise. But it's really hard to scout it when I'm constantly pressing with attacks, and the spire is way in the back of my base, and is well protected from scouts by a couple hydras, mutas, whatever.

But with that said you get clues. If you see him using T3 tech then you can bet brood lords are coming. Even if you're not surprised by it, if I get up 10 brood lords and 40 hydras to defend them.... it's game over. That many hydras will eat an air force alive, and that many brood lords will destroy a 200 food ground army in about 20 seconds.
erm...yea..u might want to read up on what a timing push is.

also fast expanding as zerg is risky, ure larva will be wasted on drones, if a zerg fast expands they are weak on unit count to defend as the larva is being spend on drones. This is why an early scout is important as you learn what kind of a opening the opponent is going.

If zerg is fast expanding, you go double gate push, then move to 4 gate push with 1 base as prtoss.

As terrain, you should open with the the reaper strat to make him build zerglings to defend,and thus no larva to build drones, means the fast expand becomes an expense, while you harass with the reapers, you build your own expansion/mm army, once stim is reseasech you push out, and all this time zerg has been playing defensive/building zerglings, wont have units to defend. Also bunker pushing the fe of zerg has become very popular and it's VERY hard for zerg to push because once the reaper gets inside the bunker...it has a ridiculous range to take out the fe with its grenades.

I don't know what league your playing in, but hydra/broodling...is NOT an awesome strat. Having hydra alone as your ground army is pretty ridiculous, sure they have amazing dps and great anti air units, but they have **** all for hp. Seige tanks are going to eat hydra's alive due to its recent changes to how dmg is spread from aoe, psi storms, colossus (attack speed buff) with 9 range....force fields will block anything melee/roach...

u talk about having tons of minerals when you expand as terran...again clearly shows you have no idea how zerg works. Zerg has to use larva to build units, if u use larva on drones, you have no units to defend, also terrans have orbital command which gives them a massive boost to how much minerals they can earn. Every terrain builds the command base, upgrades to orbital, then fly it over to the natural, and then spam the energy on drops to get massive income boost.

Right now the easiest race to play is Terran, followed by Protoss and Zerg a mile away. The Macro between queen/larva and hatchery is way too crucial to keeping your eco up and your army up.

Anyway i am not gonna waste my time on this, i don't think you have played zerg at all because you mention fe and how as terran you have tons of minerals....first off...if you have tons of minerals your failing in your macro, you should never have stock piles of minearls it means your behind in building supply depo and your not using ure fe effectively.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 12:41 AM   #62
mojoman0

im getting stressed out just reading that post...fps ftw...dunno if Ill ever make time for another rts
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 01:11 AM   #63
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

LOL Agreed, STarcraft guys are intense. I'll just play for the story. I should replay the old ones first though.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 03:02 AM   #64
K007

Old 05-15-10, 07:38 AM   #65
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Played two games with K007 last night, and I got raped pretty bad lol. By the time I was doing multiple warp gates, he had 75% of the map covered with Zerg infantry. I smell haxx . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 11:35 AM   #66
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
erm...yea..u might want to read up on what a timing push is.

also fast expanding as zerg is risky, ure larva will be wasted on drones, if a zerg fast expands they are weak on unit count to defend as the larva is being spend on drones. This is why an early scout is important as you learn what kind of a opening the opponent is going.

If zerg is fast expanding, you go double gate push, then move to 4 gate push with 1 base as prtoss.

As terrain, you should open with the the reaper strat to make him build zerglings to defend,and thus no larva to build drones, means the fast expand becomes an expense, while you harass with the reapers, you build your own expansion/mm army, once stim is reseasech you push out, and all this time zerg has been playing defensive/building zerglings, wont have units to defend. Also bunker pushing the fe of zerg has become very popular and it's VERY hard for zerg to push because once the reaper gets inside the bunker...it has a ridiculous range to take out the fe with its grenades.

I don't know what league your playing in, but hydra/broodling...is NOT an awesome strat. Having hydra alone as your ground army is pretty ridiculous, sure they have amazing dps and great anti air units, but they have **** all for hp. Seige tanks are going to eat hydra's alive due to its recent changes to how dmg is spread from aoe, psi storms, colossus (attack speed buff) with 9 range....force fields will block anything melee/roach...

u talk about having tons of minerals when you expand as terran...again clearly shows you have no idea how zerg works. Zerg has to use larva to build units, if u use larva on drones, you have no units to defend, also terrans have orbital command which gives them a massive boost to how much minerals they can earn. Every terrain builds the command base, upgrades to orbital, then fly it over to the natural, and then spam the energy on drops to get massive income boost.

Right now the easiest race to play is Terran, followed by Protoss and Zerg a mile away. The Macro between queen/larva and hatchery is way too crucial to keeping your eco up and your army up.

Anyway i am not gonna waste my time on this, i don't think you have played zerg at all because you mention fe and how as terran you have tons of minerals....first off...if you have tons of minerals your failing in your macro, you should never have stock piles of minearls it means your behind in building supply depo and your not using ure fe effectively.
lol ok Mr Expert.

If Protoss goes double gate before his cyber core, then cancel your fast expand and start pumping roaches and rape his base. Roaches own zealots from a double gate push. I didn't say that the roach FE was the end all be all... I simply said it's a flexible opening that you can do a lot with.

And reaper rush? lol don't make me laugh. 6 zerglings will destroy any reaper push. If I see the terran going double gas and throwing down a tech lab, I'll usually get my pool at 11 or 12 instead of 14 like I normally do.

And siege tanks? Again don't make me laugh. 10x brood lords will rape any siege tank army in 5 seconds. Tanks can't attack air units so just pull your hydras back then put them back in once the tanks are gone. It's all about proper micro.

And by tons of minerals I mean I usually have around 800 - 1000 so I can afford to build an extra observer here and there.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 08:54 PM   #67
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
lol ok Mr Expert.

If Protoss goes double gate before his cyber core, then cancel your fast expand and start pumping roaches and rape his base. Roaches own zealots from a double gate push. I didn't say that the roach FE was the end all be all... I simply said it's a flexible opening that you can do a lot with.

And reaper rush? lol don't make me laugh. 6 zerglings will destroy any reaper push. If I see the terran going double gas and throwing down a tech lab, I'll usually get my pool at 11 or 12 instead of 14 like I normally do.

And siege tanks? Again don't make me laugh. 10x brood lords will rape any siege tank army in 5 seconds. Tanks can't attack air units so just pull your hydras back then put them back in once the tanks are gone. It's all about proper micro.

And by tons of minerals I mean I usually have around 800 - 1000 so I can afford to build an extra observer here and there.
800-1000 and ure not food capped.....that's what you call failed macro lol.

if u fe as zerg, and ure up against double gate push (which is a all in strat pretty much), you wont have enough larva to make roaches especially with the new 2 food count, meaning for every 4 roaches you build, u need an extra overlord, and you won't have the cash or the larva to counter it unless ure apm is in the 400+~. It's very hard to push back 2 gate push on a map like SoW/BS.

And you cannot put down a queen (150), roach (150+50 Drone), hatchery (250+50 Drone) at the start and then build out roaches lol. This is why you scout early on with a drone to see if he is saving up his chrono boost for gateways, building fe against a rush tactic is very very risky.

if only zerglings CAN JUMP UP AND DOWN CLIFFS!!!...and two shot drones/zerglings....and not to mention he made the zerg player build zerglings instead of drones, so that itself is a win.

yea i am sure those HYDRAS can RUN AWAY REALLY FAST !!! WHEN YOU HAVE A CONC SHELL UP URE ASS -.-.

oh man forget it...ure comments about reaper / broodlords and seige tanks is total rubbish, playing against copper/bronze players and winning doesn't make you a pro at sc2 lol. I am not pro either, but atleast majority of my games are against platinum players who knows how to play the game.

what is ure ingame id?
Old 05-15-10, 11:40 PM   #68
Zelda_fan

Default Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

I'm in gold league so if you're in plat you're prolly a little better than me. Though if I did my placement matches today I'd prolly get plat.

Personally I think you're talking out your ass. I'm calling your bluff. Please link to me one game that lasted for 25+ minutes where you don't go over 1000 minerals. Because the pro replays I watch aren't even that good. A number of things could cause your minerals to spike up. A micro intensive battle for one. Another could be a build you scouted that requires a gas heavy build. If your workers aren't in perfect porportion your gas will drop like a rock and your minerals will stay up because you won't need them. For example if you see mass
Colossi only a fool would pump zerglings. Everything else costs gas and would keep your mineral count up.

If I see a two zealot push this is the exact build I use. 13 pool. 15 overlord. Pump Drones. 16 & 17 get two gas. Pump drones. As soon as the pool pops up I put a queen in the que and get four zerglings and throw up a Warren. While the Warren is building I pull six drones off minerals and put them on my gas. Queen will come out right before the Warren is ready and I spawn larva. I should have about four larva ready. 4 roaches on the way. At this point the most he can have in my base is 4 zealots which will go down easy to my 4 roaches queen and zerglings. I then continue my roach push and win the game. If he's smart he'll have a starport on the way. Void rays are very difficut to deal with in a roach heavy build.

And reapers? Lol only noobs do reaper rushes. First of all any time u scout a reaper build you place your zergs at the cliff entrance waiting for them. And if he's hopping up and down a cliff all day he's not hitting your mineral line so who cares. Then you just split your forces and have half your zergs waiting at the bottom of the cliff. It's not rocket science.

And hydras do run fast IF they're on creep. And by the time you get brood lords you should have 60% of the map covered in creep tumors. Fight the battle on your terms.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-10, 10:18 AM   #69
six_storm

Zerg is for noobs anyways . . .

:RUNS:
Old 05-17-10, 06:18 PM   #70
Bearclaw

JUST got an email with the Beta invite. Nice!
Old 05-18-10, 07:07 AM   #71
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
JUST got an email with the Beta invite. Nice!
Too bad Phase 1 of the Beta ends on the 31st.

SC2 is addictive! Can't wait for the full version. I think I'm going to go back through the full SP version soon just to recap.
Old 05-18-10, 07:26 AM   #72
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
LOL Agreed, STarcraft guys are intense. I'll just play for the story. I should replay the old ones first though.
yap, they can ruin MP experience for less experienced players.

once full game is out i might buy it for SP/Story aspect.