Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-10, 05:48 AM   #85
Muppet

Default Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Where's all the screenshots guys.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 11:32 AM   #86
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
lol finally the lag is down so decided to play my placement matches....and it decided i should go to Diamond League ...

Man so many people going cheese mode in the placement matches....Proxy Gate/Double Gate/Double Proxy Gate/Proxy Barrack/6 Pool(I don't know why people do 6 pool...it just doesn't work in ZvZ against 13 Pool).

Worst part is they only know the cheese part, after they fail on the cheese they don't know what to do next/etc...

Should always think what you want to build from the start to finish, can't just go...k i will Reaper him...then fingers cross i win ><...lol
learning how to beat the initial cheeses will win you 80% of the placement matches.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 03:53 PM   #87
K007

scout scout scout...and more scouting....you can tell what they are planning to do from the initial look of your opponents base.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 05:14 PM   #88
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Patch 13 really screwed up SC2. Terran is way overpowered and now, I can't play a full game cuz my game freezes constantly!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 10:57 PM   #89
Zelda_fan

Default Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Terran is not OP...

I haven't played in a few weeks but the Zerg change looks interesting. Very powerful ability if microed right.
Old 05-24-10, 04:12 AM   #90
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Patch 13 really screwed up SC2. Terran is way overpowered and now, I can't play a full game cuz my game freezes constantly!
Yea i didn't get why they went ahead and buffed Terran again, the MMM ball is already one of the best builds out. And Mech build is pretty solid now as well.

The buffs to Ultralisks were pretty pointless...Most if not all Zerg players wanted a meat shield, not a dmg dealer, and even then the Ultralisk is now a 450 HP unit that costs a **** ton and needs melee range to work, it's already a fat unit and has horrible parthing so getting to the front is a pain, and i think Blizz missed the entire point here of why people used mass Roaches in front.

Already videos show that in equal cost maruders vs ultralisk the ultralisk fails miserably. I think Stim on Marauders needs to have a less buff than over the marines, it's way too strong and easy to spam with support from a medic.

Frenzy....just a WoW/W3 rip off, made for the ultralisk, tho i will still use it mostly for fungal/np

The overseer changes are funny....i do have one or two near the enemy base just to come in and poop it on a production building lol.
Old 05-24-10, 10:15 AM   #91
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yea i didn't get why they went ahead and buffed Terran again, the MMM ball is already one of the best builds out. And Mech build is pretty solid now as well.

The buffs to Ultralisks were pretty pointless...Most if not all Zerg players wanted a meat shield, not a dmg dealer, and even then the Ultralisk is now a 450 HP unit that costs a **** ton and needs melee range to work, it's already a fat unit and has horrible parthing so getting to the front is a pain, and i think Blizz missed the entire point here of why people used mass Roaches in front.

Already videos show that in equal cost maruders vs ultralisk the ultralisk fails miserably. I think Stim on Marauders needs to have a less buff than over the marines, it's way too strong and easy to spam with support from a medic.

Frenzy....just a WoW/W3 rip off, made for the ultralisk, tho i will still use it mostly for fungal/np

The overseer changes are funny....i do have one or two near the enemy base just to come in and poop it on a production building lol.
I agree that ultras will still be useless. But what's interesting if if you throw frenzy on a group of hydralisks or something.
Old 05-24-10, 08:49 PM   #92
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
learning how to beat the initial cheeses will win you 80% of the placement matches.
what are cheeses?

Old 05-24-10, 11:41 PM   #93
Zelda_fan

Default Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon

what are cheeses?
Basically any time a player sacrifices his Economy to get a fast rush out or a high tier unit. Common cheese: 6pool, cannon rush, void Ray rush, 2 gate push, reaper rush, DT rush, etc
Old 05-25-10, 04:24 AM   #94
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
what are cheeses?

Cheese is a pejorative expression which refers to a strategy that is highly unconventional and designed to take one's opponent by surprise. In general, cheese is nearly impossible to defeat if it is not scouted but easy to defeat if it is scouted.

Basically it comes down to lack of scouting. 6 pool is so....crap it never works unless u didn't scout at all.

Terran and Protoss sit at the top of the Cheese list with Protoss on the very top. The reason is they can wall up and basically only air units can get you the scout.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=125730

Most people agree that Protoss is the most cheesiest race. Terran is the most comfortable race, and Zerg has no dynamic.

I just hate how Terran can sit behind Barracks/Factory and build an army off 1 base and then 1A/Win :/. When you fight Terran you fight on their terms if they are ready then you can fight..if not then wait ><.
Old 05-28-10, 07:47 AM   #95
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Do any of you guys know how to install a new AI? I've been trying to find instructions on this but all I find is how to install StarCrack. That AI is freakin insanely hard since the AI cheats. Any clues?

I'd like to continue to play even when the BNet system is turned off/I just wanna practice.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 11:20 PM   #96
K007

Beta extended.

Quote:
We previously announced that the first phase of the StarCraft II beta test would be coming to a close in all regions on Monday, May 31. In order to prepare for the final phase of beta testing, we plan to extend the current phase in all regions until Monday, June 7. After this date, the beta test will be unavailable for several weeks while we make some hardware and software configuration changes for the final phase of the beta test and the release of the game. We plan to bring the beta test back online for a couple of weeks prior to the game’s launch to complete our testing. We’ll have more details to share about when this final phase will begin at a later date.

We’d like to thank all of our beta-test participants for your enthusiasm, dedication, and valuable feedback during the beta test, and we look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the StarCraft II beta test as the game’s July 27 launch approaches.