Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-10-10, 01:44 AM   #109
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Default Re: Alpha Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I had one bug, a big one. Whenever I'd die during a boss fight, then I'd load the last checkpoint, it would load without the boss. :: a manual reload fixed it. Luckily load times are really fast.

I finished it last night. Great game, a lot of twists. Saw a review for it on Good Game and they say there are as many as 32 different endings. Pretty sure most are slight variations on like 3-4 major endings, but it's pretty cool. So many ways to play too, can't wait to start again as a veteran. Being able to almost max stealth right at the start will be handy.
do you like good game? I don't really watch the new version with "Hex". She is really nice to look at (have you seen her facebook page?) but she totally copied the other guy's style, which was totally original... she just looks stupid because she can't get her own unique style like he has... I don't know how he can work with her tbh, it would urinate me off to have someone sitting there copying your every mannerism. but she is nice to look at...

(sorry very OT)
Old 06-10-10, 02:30 AM   #110
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I had one bug, a big one. Whenever I'd die during a boss fight, then I'd load the last checkpoint, it would load without the boss. :: a manual reload fixed it. Luckily load times are really fast.
Did you mess with the streaming in the ini file to smooth out the loading hiccups? The disappearing bosses is a side effect of that.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 09:32 AM   #111
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Can you load up an earlier save or is it a stupid game with only 1 Continue save?
I reloaded all 3 saves that were in there, same issue.

Then I started a new game, and the same thing happened. Game is officially broken for me. I have nothing forced in the control panel, either.

I also posted a thread on the Steam forums but now it appears my thread isn't there anymore? Weird.
Old 06-10-10, 08:58 PM   #112
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Another "glowing" review. Obsidian makes me lol and yet cry, because I had some hope for New Vegas :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 09:53 PM   #113
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Another "glowing" review. Obsidian makes me lol and yet cry, because I had some hope for New Vegas :\.
Terrible review...

"Pistols and SMGs are so laughably inaccurate even with mods that they are useless."

Then how come I was one-shoting every enemy in the head consistently almost the entire game? This guy has no idea how to play an RPG and yet he is reviewing games... idiot.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-10-10, 10:14 PM   #114
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Oh God, that guy's Risen review makes me want to punch him in the face.

Old 06-11-10, 12:59 AM   #115
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Lol. "Oh no, his opinion differs. I HAET HEEM!" Geez Narc... get a hold of yourself.
Old 06-11-10, 01:25 AM   #116
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Lol. "Oh no, his opinion differs. I HAET HEEM!" Geez Narc... get a hold of yourself.
It's not about opinion, he is factually inaccurate.

Constantly.

Old 06-11-10, 01:46 AM   #117
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Narc... I have to give you a little credit... most people would have cried about his review simply because he was playing the 360 version. I was actually surprised by the fact that he didn't mention how absolutely TERRIBLE the minigames are.
Old 06-11-10, 02:57 AM   #118
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yes, the mini-games are terrible.

Old 06-11-10, 03:29 AM   #119
sammy sung

Quote:
Narc... I have to give you a little credit... most people would have cried about his review simply because he was playing the 360 version. I was actually surprised by the fact that he didn't mention how absolutely TERRIBLE the minigames are.
I think he is pretty much accurate,dialogue system is awesome,a LOT of rest is not very good tbh,it certainly is below par.But even with all it's bugs and bad design choices it's still a fun game and as such all the crap becomes even more irritating.It IS ugly,full of bugs,has seriously awful animations,the AI is the worst i've seen in a long time,why would they rush against someone thats shooting at them with a damn assault rifle to riflebutt you and then slowly back off while shooting ? Theyre most of the time very easy to take down but if you try to melee them down using your fists at close range most of them become ****ing chuck norris and can block and predict every damn move you make so you have to step back and then go into melee range again to get through their lightning fast guard.And the minigames,don't get me started ....

Part of the problem is that after a while you make excuses for the game,you accept it's faults because you enjoy the good parts of it,it sorta becomes your retarded little brother or something,he's not all there but you love him anyway
Old 06-11-10, 04:12 AM   #120
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

The AI running at you to fight rather than shoot you is a weird issue it has, that is true. I saw that happen 5-6 times through the game and every time I was like "WTF?" That said, the AI in other areas I never thought was bad... most people rag on the enemy detection in stealth, but that is stat-based like the aiming. At high stealth levels and stealth equipment, I was never seen basically. When the enemies are in alerted mode they see you quickly, but that makes sense because they are alerted.

His complaints about the aiming are completely non-factual and retarded, as it is stat-based aiming, not broken, and pistols are the most accurate weapons in the game once you level up. Most reviews make this mistake, which tells me they are fundamentally incapable of understanding the system at play or did not play long enough to level up their weapons (or leveled up poorly).

He is also factually inaccurate in saying the stealth is broken and you can't finish missions stealthily, which is just a lie and I completed I would guess 9 out of 10 missions without being seen once.

The texture pop-on/too much depth of field complaint is not relevant to the PC version.

What else did he list? Bugs and glitches? These seem prevalent for some people but honestly I only encountered a couple minor ones.

The biggest negatives of the game are crappy, rough graphics and horrible mini-games, which he barely/doesn't mention.

So I say crappy review, and I am trying to justify nothing. The game is in the 7 range I would guess, which is what most of my more trusted review sites, like say Eurogamer, gave it. For RPG lovers and people who dug Deus Ex I would say up that by two points. I certainly had a 9 out of 10 experience with it myself.