Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-05-10, 03:40 AM   #85
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Alpha Protocol

Glad you like it crainger... this is one of those rare games I start playing and 3 hours later have to tear myself away from. That's rare for me, but it's lovely when it happens.

Almost completed the 3rd hub area tonight... looking forward to number 4 tomorrow.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:48 PM   #86
JohnDio

Just finished it and enjoyed it. It surely has its flaws. Animation, graphics, AI, level design, bugs like enemies getting stuck. It's really rare to see such a great game with all these flaws. Imagine if it was open-world and you could search for the information in big cities by asking NPCs and didn't have the above issues. Oh man, it would be an instant classic...

Nevertheless, it's a great game as it is. Too bad it's not as polished as most of the other "average-gameplay-and-storyline-wise" games.
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 08:17 PM   #87
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Oh, I only just started playing, and as stated I'm a recruit, I haven't been patient enough to let it aim properly. Still, the guy I'm playing is a crazy blind fire pistol type guy. He's a bit on a knob, but means well. Basically I'm playing as Mr. Hunt crossed with Bearclaw.
So you are hating everyone and everything while cracking bad jokes,mostly bear related ?
Old 06-06-10, 02:31 AM   #88
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Man, you guys fly through these games compared to my slow ass. I just finished Moscow tonight, already finished Rome... started Taipei, which is cool so far. I keep screwing up with the redhead, which annoys me.

Honestly I have only two issues with this game: 1) the freaking mini-games annoy the hell out of me, and 2) sometimes the dialogue comes out of nowhere compared to what you pressed, like hitting "negotiate" and then suddenly you're in league with a terrorist and the mission ends.

Still, overall I love the game... no real tech issues at all here, and the action is great when you understand the stats and such involved. The reviews read like someone who expected Gears of War played it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-06-10, 02:55 AM   #89
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I just finished Moscow, now onto Rome still have Taipei. Loving Rome so far, the meeting missions are really cool. They really have done something different, feels very Bond/Bourne like. Was awesome meeting an enemy, chatting to him, and seeing how he respects me and I respect him, we are enemies, but we trust one another. Lots of cat and mouse, reminds me of heat. I've gotten my stealth to a point where I don't even have to pull my gun, I only takedown guys I really have to now. Great for the missions where I just want to watch, and make my presence unknown.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:58 AM   #90
LurkerLito

I finally got a chance to go through my first mission yesterday and I like the game. I can't see how some sites had such low scores for it. And so far the only 2 real annoying things to me is the cover system because sometimes somethings that look like they should be able to be used for cover can't be and the Hacking mini-game and it really wouldn't be so bad if it worked as well with the mouse/keyboard as it does with the 360 controller.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 09:59 PM   #91
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

The mini-games are definitely the worst part of this game... getting towards the end and I am a super stealth badass, but I still get alarms because when you fail a mini-game it's an instant alarm.

I. Hate. Freaking. Mini-games!

That aside, I still love the game... I think I missed getting the redhead in the sack though. SAD FACE.

Old 06-07-10, 01:16 AM   #92
Vardant

There's a skill, that gives you a second chance at hacking.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-10, 02:24 AM   #93
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
There's a skill, that gives you a second chance at hacking.
Hmmm... probably under sabotage or whatever? I put all my points into sneak, pistols and endurance.

Beat the game... good all around, though my good guy who spared people somehow became a vengeful son of a bitch at the end, but I chose to do that... made sense at the time. I somehow never noticed a branching path and thus a main character died, which sucks, but oh well.

I looked up conversations about the ending on various forums when I beat it and WOW can the ending wildly vary depending on what you do during the game. The final boss for me might not even appear, a good person the whole game might betray you, but for me they were not even there. It's crazy... makes me want to play the game again right away, but I think I will try and quell that impulse since I have such a huge backlog of games.

Still... crazy variance.

Old 06-08-10, 04:19 PM   #94
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Interesting to see the average reader score at gamefaqs/gamespot gives the game an 8.0. Looking like the game is going to be a success despite the bad press.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 04:56 PM   #95
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, the amazon ratings are good as well, even on the PC version which got a ton of negatives because of the DRM, like all amazon titles do.

Old 06-09-10, 11:27 AM   #96
sammy sung

Finished it today,i had fun,voice acting was good overall as was the story,the way you could affect the outcome etc.Graphicly it sucked tbh,the animation,level/character design was subpar,the way thornton moves when crouched is hilarious

But in the end that doesnt matter that much,the narrative kept you playing,steven heck made me laugh many times and it was enjoyable,just the boss fights and some minigames were annoying.I played it with a 360 pad though so some of the minigames worked better for it.I'd give it overall 6+/10