Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-09-10, 08:01 PM   #97
nomec

Default Re: Alpha Protocol

I played the game last night for 3 or so hours and started up one of the quests in Saudi Arabia. Everything was great, no issues.

I come back from work and try to load my checkpoint... the screen is black. I can see the HUD, and arrows indicating where enemies are, but nothing else - totally black. I tried loading all 3 saves I had, nothing. Pretty much there is nothing I can do.

Anyone else run into this? What the heck?
Old 06-09-10, 08:50 PM   #98
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

That's a weird issue... never ran into it myself. Are you forcing anything through the control panel?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 09:04 PM   #99
nomec

Nope, nothing... except AF, which I turned off, and still had the issue.
Old 06-09-10, 09:46 PM   #100
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

The only time I have ever seen a black 3D area but the 2D elements remain is when forcing something unacceptable on a game, like AA in GRAW.

I am not good enough with comps to really have suggestions... post on the Steam forums, if you haven't already.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-09-10, 10:08 PM   #101
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
I played the game last night for 3 or so hours and started up one of the quests in Saudi Arabia. Everything was great, no issues.

I come back from work and try to load my checkpoint... the screen is black. I can see the HUD, and arrows indicating where enemies are, but nothing else - totally black. I tried loading all 3 saves I had, nothing. Pretty much there is nothing I can do.

Can you load up an earlier save or is it a stupid game with only 1 Continue save?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 10:10 PM   #102
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post

Weird,i had one in moscow at a villa where i re-opened a door and nothing was behind it,like a void in the 3d space and i coudlnt find a door to get back out Had to restart the game and it was fine again.

Anyone else found that leland was extremly easy ? I just shot the soldiers underneath his window and then backed out a little bit so just his forehead showed.Then i used chainshot level 5 once and then focused aim with the assault rifle,he just stood there and fell Then i chose to kill him,then i got the Mina ending with Mike and her leaving on a boat.After that i reloaded and didn't execute him,then Scarlett shot me ,then mina showed up with a sniper rifle and took her out when i asked her,i left leland alive and still got the same ending.
Funny how youre asked to chose who lives or dies at certain points,they did atleast that part of the game well

Old 06-09-10, 10:20 PM   #103
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just Obsidian here guys. No worries on your bugs. They are perfectly normal because Obsidian is apparently made up of 2 dudes, and neither like to test things.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 10:22 PM   #104
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Just Obsidian here guys. No worries on your bugs. They are perfectly normal because Obsidian is apparently made up of 2 dudes, and neither like to test things.
Lol,you should look at the GT review,think theyre spot on for the most part.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...rotocol/100743

Old 06-09-10, 10:28 PM   #105
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh trust me, I already watched it. I laughed at how buggy it looked. But even as buggy as it was, apparently it was only a small portion of the bugs other people encounter.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 11:15 PM   #106
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I honestly never had one bug.

Old 06-10-10, 02:22 AM   #107
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I had one bug, a big one. Whenever I'd die during a boss fight, then I'd load the last checkpoint, it would load without the boss. :: a manual reload fixed it. Luckily load times are really fast.

I finished it last night. Great game, a lot of twists. Saw a review for it on Good Game and they say there are as many as 32 different endings. Pretty sure most are slight variations on like 3-4 major endings, but it's pretty cool. So many ways to play too, can't wait to start again as a veteran. Being able to almost max stealth right at the start will be handy.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 02:38 AM   #108
Vardant

I think I got stuck once in a rock in the final mission, but using a skill fixed it, definitely nothing major.

It's funny how the game is mostly praised in EU, but hated in US. The biggest reviewer site here gave it 8.5.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote