Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-19-03, 08:40 AM   #1
digitalwanderer

Question Where's the kissy-face for nVnews?

Ok, it seems nVidia is actually realizing they have a problem and is now trying to do something to try and stop looking like the meanest/nastiest/evilest group of suits who ever ran a viddy card company....so what's in it for nVnews?

Have they contacted you folks yet to do an interview or anything? I am STILL freaking this morning after reading on DriverHeaven that nVidia contacted Zardon to tell him that they WILL be allowing Omegadrive to start putting out nVidia drivers again and that they're going to be doing a big interview with DH about the recent "troubles" (Omegadrive news, nVidia interview...free membership required, sorry.)

So what have they been doing for the gang around here?

(BTW-No, they haven't sent me a card...not yet... )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-03, 08:42 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Mike had his legs broken and the rest of us are eating meals through straws.
Old 07-19-03, 08:43 AM   #3
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Hmmm....suddenly my enthusiasm that a new card is coming feels diminished by a factor of 10,000....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 07-19-03, 08:57 AM   #4
volt

Digi, if there is a problem (hardware or software wise) nVnews acknowledges it, hoping NVIDIA will do something about it. That's the best way of doing it, isn't it ?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-03, 09:24 AM   #5
The Baron

Quote:
free membership required, sorry
The folks over at DH need to get their collective heads out of their asses and turn that crap off.

I'm sorry, but your forums are not the New York Times.
Old 07-19-03, 09:30 AM   #6
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
The folks over at DH need to get their collective heads out of their asses and turn that crap off.

I'm sorry but I about bust a gut when I read that. I'll be thinking about that quote all day now.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-03, 09:55 AM   #7
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Digi, if there is a problem (hardware or software wise) nVnews acknowledges it, hoping NVIDIA will do something about it. That's the best way of doing it, isn't it ?
No argument! And at the risk of sounding fanboish I think you folks have done a hella great job of it too and have held yourselves well and honorably thru a DAMNED difficult period!

I just feel that nVidia should be contacting nVnews too and trying to make things right with you guys, I know they gave you grief!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron

ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Y'know, even when I worked there I was against the necessity of registration to read the forums and I still am....but they don't "have their collective heads" up their asses over there about it, they know it annoys a lot of people but feel it is required to keep the bandwidth costs down. (When DH started out it became a lot more popular a lot faster than anyone anticipated, and the way the costs kept jumping was astronomical! )
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 07-19-03, 09:58 AM   #8
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Y'know, even when I worked there I was against the necessity of registration to read the forums and I still am....but they don't "have their collective heads" up their asses over there about it, they know it annoys a lot of people but feel it is required to keep the bandwidth costs down. (When DH started out it became a lot more popular a lot faster than anyone anticipated, and the way the costs kept jumping was astronomical! )
It's still funny.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-03, 10:14 AM   #9
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Where was Mr. Flibble when you needed him?
Old 07-19-03, 10:32 AM   #10
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Someone had to film it
Old 07-19-03, 10:58 AM   #11
B&R
MX 700

^L:drool: :drool:
B&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-03, 12:08 PM   #12
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

Quote:

Someone had to film it
Ahem...

*pump pump* nice chicky
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote