Old 05-11-10, 10:56 AM   #25
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Study claims PC Games account for 16% of Game Revenue

PS2 still sells tons of games, so devide the pot 6 ways
Old 05-11-10, 11:16 AM   #26
onmikesline

why compare pc to consoles, it is true that consoles is for kids so thats why its a higher % then anything. people who play pc games have more IT skills. i care less about the big blockbuster game titles anyways
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 01:13 PM   #27
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
why compare pc to consoles, it is true that consoles is for kids so thats why its a higher % then anything. people who play pc games have more IT skills. i care less about the big blockbuster game titles anyways
What the **** is this post
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 03:52 PM   #28
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Because he posted the news? Yeah, ok. Douche.
Because we are not here to read about that GTA IV looks better on PS3 or PC gaming is dying at last twice a year
Old 05-11-10, 07:58 PM   #29
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Because he posted the news? Yeah, ok. Douche.
I don't think he's a douche, but in saying what he said he was way off base;

Quote:
So next time you wonder why PC Gaming is getting the short end of the stick, remember how much income developers/publishers actually make off the platform.
16% for PC (minus MMO's and possible digital Distribution) vs 60% for 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, DS, PSP.

Lets add MMO's to PC then compare to consoles individually why don't we? I'll make a rough guess at which consoles got what share of the percentages.

PC = 24%
Wii = 14%
DS = 14%
360 = 12%
PS3 = 11%
PSP = 6%
PS2 = 3%

Granted, the big multiplatform games do not usually sell as well on PC, we know this. Still, this data shows that as a platform, PC does have the most revenue even if we know the big cross-platform games don't sell as well. Conclusion, Magus' claim is wrong and his PC bashing thread has backfired on him.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 08:17 PM   #30
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I laugh at how butthurt you PC elitist queers are about this. It was a survey. A survey is generally useless. If they surveyed another 13,000 it could be 100% on consoles... who freaking knows. Stop getting so butt hurt about it and keep pirating your games because "omgz, teh devz want moniez!"
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 08:49 PM   #31
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I laugh at how butthurt you PC elitist queers are about this. It was a survey. A survey is generally useless. If they surveyed another 13,000 it could be 100% on consoles... who freaking knows. Stop getting so butt hurt about it and keep pirating your games because "omgz, teh devz want moniez!"
Yeah okay, but it's alright to use the survey results to say bad things about PC though. Even if your conclusion is flawed because of misreading the data. Yep, I see why defending such statements makes someone a butthurt PC elitist queer. Thanks for the insightful insults, you've added a lot to the discussion.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 09:03 PM   #32
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I am not using the results as a fact. Stop being so butthurt about it. Most developers get tired of you elitists douchebags so they decide to just stick to console because console gamers appreciate GAMEPLAY.

Old 05-11-10, 09:08 PM   #33
skank
Smeg Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Yeah okay, but it's alright to use the survey results to say bad things about PC though. Even if your conclusion is flawed because of misreading the data. Yep, I see why defending such statements makes someone a butthurt PC elitist queer. Thanks for the insightful insults, you've added a lot to the discussion.
From reading Mr Hunt's posts, I have come to the conclusion that the "H" should be replaced with a "C" and you will have a far more accurate title for the gentleman. Idiocy abounds everywhere.
Old 05-11-10, 09:09 PM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
From reading Mr Hunt's posts, I have come to the conclusion that the "H" should be replaced with a "C" and you will have a far more accurate title for the gentleman. Idiocy abounds everywhere.
Clever one. You know you could have just said my first name was Mike. So... Mike Hunt. But you aren't bright enough for that. Guess your little elitist mind can't grasp anything not laid out directly for you.
Old 05-11-10, 09:21 PM   #35
skank
Smeg Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Clever one. You know you could have just said my first name was Mike. So... Mike Hunt. But you aren't bright enough for that. Guess your little elitist mind can't grasp anything not laid out directly for you.
No, as then that would imply that you are my c*nt. I am not a woman, but then maybe I'm not bright enough to know what I am. You are a pretty obnoxious person on these boards to be honest. Are you actually this way in real life? Also saying to a gamer that games on PCs that I can't grasp anything laid out directly for me seems quite ironic when you consider the whole idea that console gaming is meant to be so much more hassle free in comparison to PC gaming. Just to clear up your prejudice, I never stated anything that could lead you to draw the conclusion that I am elitist, have a smaller that average mind, lack oppose-able thumbs or any combination of said accusations. I own 3 consoles and a PC, I game on all of them. I just don't like BS and people like you.
Old 05-11-10, 09:34 PM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
No, as then that would imply that you are my c*nt. I am not a woman, but then maybe I'm not bright enough to know what I am. You are a pretty obnoxious person on these boards to be honest. Are you actually this way in real life? Also saying to a gamer that games on PCs that I can't grasp anything laid out directly for me seems quite ironic when you consider the whole idea that console gaming is meant to be so much more hassle free in comparison to PC gaming. Just to clear up your prejudice, I never stated anything that could lead you to draw the conclusion that I am elitist, have a smaller that average mind, lack oppose-able thumbs or any combination of said accusations. I own 3 consoles and a PC, I game on all of them. I just don't like BS and people like you.
Lol. Rich. My prejudice? Against what? Retarded PC elitists who only cry about EVERYTHING? Wahh this game requires an internet connection in the year 2010. WAHH this doesn't look like Crysis but has actual gameplay that is enjoyable. WAHHH I can't go prone in AVP. WAHHHH the HUD is too big. WAHHH the HUD is too small. WAHHH the HUD is too perfect. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH. PC elitists need to stop crying. I am not prejudiced against PC elitists only, I also hate console elitists. I am probably 50/50 with my PS3 and PC because each one has some great games. But some of you people cry so freaking much. You know which game I have had the most fun with on my PC this year? Mount and Blade: Warband. That game looks like garbage from 1995 basically but the gameplay is extremely fun and that is what GAMERS should give a crap about.