Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-10-10, 10:37 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default EA Announces Online Pass on EA SPORTS Simulation Games on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Online Pass Launches with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11
EA today introduced Online Pass content from EA SPORTS. Online Pass rewards game owners with a game-specific, one-time-use registration code for online services, features and bonus content. Each title-specific Online Pass may be used with upcoming releases of EA SPORTS simulation games on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, beginning next month with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11. The one-time Online Pass registration code comes included with each unit sold new at retail. Once redeemed, additional Online Passes will be available for $10. Fans also may sign up for a free 7-day trial to experience Online Pass. International pricing will be announced within territories in the near future.

“This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community,” said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS.

Retailer GameStop has shown support of EA’s digital strategy by selling Sony PlayStation Network cards and Xbox Live Microsoft Points cards with the purchase of new and used EA titles. “GameStop is excited to partner with such a forward-thinking publisher as Electronic Arts,” said Dan DeMatteo, Chief Executive Officer of GameStop Corp. “This relationship allows us to capitalize on our investments to market and sell downloadable content online, as well as through our network of stores worldwide.”

Moore continued, “We’re delighted that GameStop is offering their support of this program as a place for gamers to purchase points that provide access to downloadable content from EA at their stores and through their website.”

http://www.ea.com/news/online-pass-f...mulation-games
Old 05-11-10, 07:14 AM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: EA Announces Online Pass on EA SPORTS Simulation Games on Xbox 360 and PlayStatio

hmm, suprised no comments yet, EA just introduced "cd-keys" to console games, with one time multi-player key, if you buy used you will have to go online and pay more for extra code.
Old 05-11-10, 07:50 AM   #3
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: EA Announces Online Pass on EA SPORTS Simulation Games on Xbox 360 and PlayStatio

EA are really waging a war on used game sales... First Cerberus Network for ME2 and now cd keys for console games. LOLz
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 11:42 AM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
hmm, suprised no comments yet, EA just introduced "cd-keys" to console games, with one time multi-player key, if you buy used you will have to go online and pay more for extra code.
Good for them... now maybe Gamestop wont gouge the prices of used games. Seriously $5 off a used game is stupid...

I don't often buy used games though so it really doesn't affect me, the used games I do buy are often a few years old and previous generations.
Old 05-11-10, 11:43 AM   #5
Q

Goozex is the way to go for used games. Fantastic system.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 11:45 AM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Goozex is the way to go for used games. Fantastic system.
Yeah I am a big Goozex user. Im trying to get rid of tons of old PC Games on it.
Old 05-11-10, 01:07 PM   #7
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah, doesn't bother me much personally since I almost always buy games new. And rarely buy EA games.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 01:04 AM   #8
Ruined

It better be tied to gamertag only!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-10, 09:19 AM   #9
Yaboze

Greedy f*ckers.

Look, I can buy a car, a house, a book, a DVD a CD or a guitar and sell it to someone and the previous owner, author, actor or artist doesn't deserve a cut of it. That's ridiculous. If I buy a game and sell it, the new owner shouldn't have to pay to use it. I realize all these shops are making total profit on the used price, but the original game was sold already in the original transaction. Done. Pfft.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 09:31 AM   #10
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

Doesn't affect me, I don't play online lol.

Buy my used games at pawn shops where they're hella cheap. 20 bucks tops.
Old 05-22-10, 05:09 PM   #11
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Wish they were that cheap here. Most pwn shops here charge over 50AUD for original xbox games.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 02:14 PM   #12
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Greedy f*ckers.

Look, I can buy a car, a house, a book, a DVD a CD or a guitar and sell it to someone and the previous owner, author, actor or artist doesn't deserve a cut of it. That's ridiculous. If I buy a game and sell it, the new owner shouldn't have to pay to use it. I realize all these shops are making total profit on the used price, but the original game was sold already in the original transaction. Done. Pfft.
QFT.

I think where games are headed is they are trying to be more like a service than goods. Think of a ticket to a sports game, or an amusement park. You're paying them to use their product for a specific amount of time. After your time is up you don't have anything left.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote