Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-15-11, 09:59 PM   #241
AngelGraves13

Default Re: Official BRINK Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoNer View Post
lol G4 X-Game gave it a 2/5 because it was confusing, all the guns are apparently the same gun, and "The parkour wasn't worth doing because it was confusing and it's easier to just take the stairs"

Also they mentioned the horrible AI, which was the only honest thing in their review.
In other words they couldn't learn how to play the game lol
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 01:27 AM   #242
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
In other words they couldn't learn how to play the game lol
I'm not sure wtf they did. This game just doesn't appeal to people. Some people think of hopping over terrain as something that just shouldn't be done in video games.

They said stuff like "Most locations that were accessible by using parkour were much easier to access via simple jumping."

I don't get how they could think all of the guns are the same either. Some fire faster, hit harder, reload faster, look different, equip faster, have more stability, fit more modules etc...

I'd still plow Morgan Webb, but she seriously disappointed me by giving the game a 2/5.

/sigh...
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 01:30 AM   #243
mojoman0

Lol
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:23 AM   #244
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
I'd still plow Morgan Webb, but she seriously disappointed me by giving the game a 2/5.
To me that was a very generous score. I'd be hard pressed to give it a 1. Just didn't like the game at all. To each his own.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 10:49 AM   #245
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
To me that was a very generous score. I'd be hard pressed to give it a 1. Just didn't like the game at all. To each his own.
I think this is really the issue. It's kind of a niche game in the fact that most people will either love it or hate it. If you're looking for the mindless COD-based kill oriented game, then you will hate BRINK.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:29 AM   #246
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I think this is really the issue. It's kind of a niche game in the fact that most people will either love it or hate it. If you're looking for the mindless COD-based kill oriented game, then you will hate BRINK.
Yeah, exactly.

To me it is like one of my favorite games ever (Counter-Strike) except now I can look down the sights of my rifle, and/or hurdle over objects.

And when the map ends I get to see a cutscene that shows the result of my teams actions. Instead of just seeing a crummy bomb explode/not explode and then the round restarts.

And instead of just playing Dust Dust2 or Office, Brink has a few more maps to play on. Sure there were other maps in CS, but usually the server is dedicated to that one map. ie. Assault 24/7 Servers, and most servers only offer Dust/Dust2.

Come to think of it, I think I'd give the game a 2/5 too if I was forced to play it with a controller. I forgive you Morgan Webb <3

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
Old 05-16-11, 11:36 AM   #247
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoNer View Post
Yeah, exactly.

To me it is like one of my favorite games ever (Counter-Strike) except now I can look down the sights of my rifle, and/or hurdle over objects.

And when the map ends I get to see a cutscene that shows the result of my teams actions. Instead of just seeing a crummy bomb explode/not explode and then the round restarts.

And instead of just playing Dust Dust2 or Office, Brink has a few more maps to play on. Sure there were other maps in CS, but usually the server is dedicated to that one map. ie. Assault 24/7 Servers, and most servers only offer Dust/Dust2.

Come to think of it, I think I'd give the game a 2/5 too if I was forced to play it with a controller. I forgive you Morgan Webb <3
From what I have heard the console versions are a lot buggier than the PC version too.

I enjoy playing the game with friends since it's nice to work together with ammo and revives and turrets and what not. Playing solo is horrible, as the majority of pub all stars only care about their own scores and are trapped in their COD state of minds.

The only thing that bothers me about the game at the moment are the bugs (which should be fixed, obviously) and that the bullet damage seems random. Sometimes I kill people right away and other times people are like sponges and absorb everything. The same goes for getting killed. Sometimes people kill me in 2 shots, other times it takes them forever. I have tried multiple guns, so I doubt that's it. Maybe it's strange hit registration or possibly lag.
Old 05-16-11, 11:38 AM   #248
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
If you're looking for the mindless COD-based kill oriented game, then you will hate BRINK.
Jeez dude you are so far off it's not even funny. Mindless is Brinks speed. Are you like 15 years old? That's about Brinks age group.

This forum has got about the weirdest group of gamers I've ever seen. Most tear down good games and like really bad ones. Go figure. I think this forum's age group has really dropped down quite a bit over the years. Most of the real gamers are long gone and replaced by teenage wannabees.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-11, 11:47 AM   #249
ViN86

Quote:
Jeez dude you are so far off it's not even funny. Mindless is Brinks speed. Are you like 15 years old? That's about Brinks age group.

This forum has got about the weirdest group of gamers I've ever seen. Most tear down good games and like really bad ones. Go figure. I think this forum's age group has really dropped down quite a bit over the years. Most of the real gamers are long gone and replaced by teenage wannabees.
First off, I haven't been a teenager for quite some time. Second off, you either haven't played BRINK or you didn't exactly comprehend what I said.

In COD pubs (NOTE PUBS, NOT MATCHES) people just run around getting kills. For most teenaged gamers nowadays, how good you are is directly proportional to your kill/death ratio. In BRINK, they don't even report KDR. Obviously if your team kills the other team a lot, then odds are you will win, but it's more about having the proper classes and working in squads to achieve some objective. So, my statement was correct.

And what do you refer to as "real gamers"? I have been playing PC games since the early 90's. Just because my tastes differ from yours, doesn't make my opinion any less valid. Besides, your response seems to support my previous statement.
Old 05-16-11, 11:48 AM   #250
mojoman0

I think AvP suffered the same fate. The mp just takes a bit of learning and patience which just arent appealing to the mainstream so there are more people out there vocalizing their hate
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:58 AM   #251
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

He's just being rude.

Here's some advice Mike89.

Just because someone's opinion differs from your own, doesn't mean it's an excuse to personally attack them.

Here's a video explaining why.

Back on topic: I found some info stating that you can take the atioglxx.dll file from the Catalyst 11.2's and put it in the Brink main directory.

This way you can run the latest Catalysts (11.5a RC2 at the time of this post) and still use the much faster 11.2's opengl with just brink.

I threw the .dll on 4shared for anyone that doesn't want to screw with extracting it from the 11.2 driver package.

http://www.4shared.com/get/-LHDifBj/atioglxx.html

Old 05-16-11, 02:17 PM   #252
DiscipleDOC

Quote:

Wow, mike. You're calling someone else a kid when you in fact can't converse with someone in a MATURE manner when his opinion differs from your own? How stupid is that?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote