Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-11, 02:44 PM   #253
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official BRINK Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoNer View Post

And when the map ends I get to see a cutscene that shows the result of my teams actions. Instead of just seeing a crummy bomb explode/not explode and then the round restarts.
For the time of the round, that "bomb" is the one goal to which you risk your (computer) life for. It is your purpose in life. The goal in your mission. The reason for bravery in the face of almost certain annihilation.

Crummy bomb? I think not.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 03:21 PM   #254
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
For the time of the round, that "bomb" is the one goal to which you risk your (computer) life for. It is your purpose in life. The goal in your mission. The reason for bravery in the face of almost certain annihilation.

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 05:25 PM   #255
shilk

For those of you using an ATi single GPU, there's going to be a new CAT release (11.5 RC3) tomorrow. It'll resolve performance issues.

Quote:
CatalystCreator
Catalyst 11.5a hotfix will be updated later to RC3 (tomorrow) - it fixes performance for Brink (single GPU)
But...

Quote:
As soon as we have CF support for Brink we'll get it out there, but right now, we're not seeing great scaling...

Edit: Here's the links to Win7 and WinXP.

They're the official links.
Old 05-16-11, 06:56 PM   #256
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post

Thanks for the link to the RC3 shilk!

:Edit: These drivers are working great. I'm starting to think I won't even need crossfire for this game haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post

Haha too true. To put things straight, I never meant to disrespect the all-mighty bomb. I devoted many hours to the defusing and/or planting of the bomb, and I shouldn't have blasphemed it in such a way.
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 09:01 AM   #257
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Jeez dude you are so far off it's not even funny. Mindless is Brinks speed. Are you like 15 years old? That's about Brinks age group.

This forum has got about the weirdest group of gamers I've ever seen. Most tear down good games and like really bad ones. Go figure. I think this forum's age group has really dropped down quite a bit over the years. Most of the real gamers are long gone and replaced by teenage wannabees.

Old 05-17-11, 10:03 AM   #258
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
For those of you using an ATi single GPU, there's going to be a new CAT release (11.5 RC3) tomorrow. It'll resolve performance issues.

But...

Edit: Here's the links to Win7 and WinXP.

Awesome find shilk. The drivers are much nicer. Even though the frame rates didn't change too much, the game feels a lot smoother.
Old 05-17-11, 11:09 AM   #259
shilk

No problem.

I haven't picked up the game since I'm getting mixed feelings about it. But I have the drivers installed right now and so far so good in everything else.

Mouse lag is still there though. Disabling mouse shadows fixed for the time being.
Old 05-17-11, 11:59 AM   #260
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Guys should check this out...
http://fudzilla.com/games/item/22753...hips-with-bugs

looks like Steam UK pulled the game. The gameplay / framerate feel has kept me from getting into this. Maybe they are gonna have to actually fix it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-11, 12:41 PM   #261
ViN86

Quote:
Not Bethesda's year
Splash Damage's new FPS Brink PC game has shipped with a bug which gives it a choppy framerates.

It was thought to be a bug exclusive to AMD graphics cards, but it seems that many NVIDIA users are reporting the same bug. Some of them are tearing their hair and stamping on their rabbits after getting sub-20 fps framerates after spending a fortune on high-end Core i7 and GTX 590 SLI configurations.

AMD users think they have fixed the problem with a driver rollback to Catalyst 10.10, while others recommend upgrading to the latest Catalyst 11.5 drivers and applying the 11.5a hotfix. Others say that the fix still gives a framerate which lingers below 30 no matter if the resolution and detail settings are high or low. AMD also has a fix that blames the problems on shadows, and recommends turning them off with a console command.

The game has disappeared from the Steam UK store which has sparked an inquest from the distributor Bethesda. It is the second time Bethesda has had a buggy games release. It is possible it is pushing its developers to meet unrealistic release schedules.
The game was pushed back once to end of May, then they actually moved it up to the beginning of May since they claimed it was finished and waiting for release. Maybe they should have spent more time fixing it...

Do any studios actually perform real QA anymore? It seems like they don't test it, or they test it on one type of machine (typically highend) and call it a day. It's a recent trend too. It's like companies are so concerned with making money as fast as possible, they release buggy **** with blatant problems. It was the same with BC2 and Black Ops and now BRINK. What the ****...
Old 05-17-11, 01:18 PM   #262
mojoman0

I blame publishers, they set up a prime release window for sales and its up to the dev team to get it done by then. Games are so complex these days its hard for every team to finish at the same time with enough qa time
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:30 PM   #263
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
The game was pushed back once to end of May, then they actually moved it up to the beginning of May since they claimed it was finished and waiting for release. Maybe they should have spent more time fixing it...

Do any studios actually perform real QA anymore? It seems like they don't test it, or they test it on one type of machine (typically highend) and call it a day. It's a recent trend too. It's like companies are so concerned with making money as fast as possible, they release buggy **** with blatant problems. It was the same with BC2 and Black Ops and now BRINK. What the ****...
Deploy now, fix later. I think the sales provide them with the cash to keep their jobs and patch the game to completion. Not the way I'd want to do business but I think this is just how the industry has started to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:40 PM   #264
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Deploy now, fix later. I think the sales provide them with the cash to keep their jobs and patch the game to completion. Not the way I'd want to do business but I think this is just how the industry has started to work.
Yep, too much money at stake nowadays.