Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-22-10, 02:17 PM   #13
turdhat

Default Re: Office 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Web based version of what?

For me this is awesome. Since I support 115 autocad and 3d max workstations at my job any app that becomes web based is one less app I have to install, repair, troubleshoot and cut myself in frustration over (joking there). Since I have to wear all the hats at work (Network Admin, routing, switching, Cisco ASA security, Exchange 2003, Server 2003 and Active Directory admin + helpdesk support emails AND telco, web based apps are a godsend. MOAR WEB APPS !

Brief Description
Microsoft Office Web Apps are new web-based tools that extend the Microsoft Office 2010 experience to a supported browser. Office Web Apps enable you to view, do light editing, and share your Office documents from virtually anywhere. With these online companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote you’ll always have the tools you need, wherever you are.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Gigabyte 580 @945/2232
4 Gigs Ripjaw @ 1600
Antec (a good one) 650w
A Partridge in a pear tree.
turdhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 03:42 PM   #14
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdhat View Post
For me this is awesome. Since I support 115 autocad and 3d max workstations at my job any app that becomes web based is one less app I have to install, repair, troubleshoot and cut myself in frustration over (joking there). Since I have to wear all the hats at work (Network Admin, routing, switching, Cisco ASA security, Exchange 2003, Server 2003 and Active Directory admin + helpdesk support emails AND telco, web based apps are a godsend. MOAR WEB APPS !

Brief Description
Microsoft Office Web Apps are new web-based tools that extend the Microsoft Office 2010 experience to a supported browser. Office Web Apps enable you to view, do light editing, and share your Office documents from virtually anywhere. With these online companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote you’ll always have the tools you need, wherever you are.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Hmm...that does sound awesome. I will have to check it out.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 05:35 PM   #15
qube
Bored sins birth

Quote:
It looks FLAT, and when I sync my iPhone, I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." in which I've done repeatedly.

I'm seriously thinking about reinstalling 2k7.
i have the same prob whit my samsung omnia
Old 05-25-10, 10:52 AM   #16
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by qube View Post
i have the same prob whit my samsung omnia
I'm thinking that a clean install will fix this problem. The only problem with that is that I don't have the time to do one.
Old 05-25-10, 10:59 AM   #17
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
I'm thinking that a clean install will fix this problem. The only problem with that is that I don't have the time to do one.
Post on forums less
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 11:20 AM   #18
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Post on forums less
Old 05-28-10, 10:03 AM   #19
DiscipleDOC

I did a clean install, and I'm having the same issue with itunes not accepting Outlook 2010 as the default browser.
Old 05-28-10, 12:38 PM   #20
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

Quote:
I did a clean install, and I'm having the same issue with itunes not accepting Outlook 2010 as the default browser.
Out of curiosity, did you install the 64-bit Office? I read on teh interwebz that the 64-bit flavor has lots of problems with add-ons and talking to other apps (especially if they're 32-bit). Try installing the 32-bit flavor instead, if you haven't already.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-10, 01:07 PM   #21
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
Out of curiosity, did you install the 64-bit Office? I read on teh interwebz that the 64-bit flavor has lots of problems with add-ons and talking to other apps (especially if they're 32-bit). Try installing the 32-bit flavor instead, if you haven't already.
Yea...it is the 64-bit version....I will try the 32 bit next week.
Old 05-28-10, 03:13 PM   #22
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
**** itunes.

That piece of crap software throws a hissy fit when I remove quicktime or anything it installed without asking me from my system.
Old 05-28-10, 05:53 PM   #23
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
**** itunes.

That piece of crap software throws a hissy fit when I remove quicktime or anything it installed without asking me from my system.
It's ... like it needs those things or something ...

At first I thought Office 2010 was way too similar to 2007 to warrant an upgrade. But now that I've been using it for a while I have to say there are so many little things they fixed/improved that make it so much better. And Outlook is 10000x better now with the ribbon.

I use an online hosted exchange server for my email (through 1and1.com) so I don't have to deal with syncing email and stuff to my iPhone. Everything just works. iPhone connects to exchange flawlessly, home computers connect through outlook flawlessly, laptop as well. It's great. I just have all my emails forwarded to it and I'm good to go! Not bad for $7 a month.

I suspect munkus may be right with the 64bit thing. Although there is a 64bit version of iTunes right? So you would *think* it would work. Who knows though ....
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 11:21 PM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Yah, I can't live without Office 2010

It's by far the most amazing Office Suite yet