Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-17-10, 12:01 AM   #1
XMIKHAIL

Default NEW XWINDOW

MIKHAIL'S X WINDOW

WE WANT TO MODIFY IT BECAUSE

THE ORIGINAL X11 SYSTEM (ESPECIALLY THE SERVER) IS NOT SO GOOD IN ALLOCATING THE MEMORY OF THE DISPLAY CHIP.

BUT THE WINDOW SYSTEM RELIES HIGHLY ON IT,SO I WANT TO MODIFY IT.

AND SINCE MANY SOFTWARE COMPANIES HAVE DONE THE PROGRAMMING USING THE API OF MICROSOFT,LIKE MFC,DIRECTX

SO I WANT IT EASIER FOR THEM TO MAKE NEW SOFTWARE FOR MY X11 SYSTEM ,SO WE ALSO NEED A COMPILER

SINCE MANY DISPLAY CHIP MAKER HAVE DONE THE DRIVERS FOR THEIR OWN CHIPS,SO I WANT TO MAKE A SHELL SOFTWARE

UNDER THIS BASIS.

STEP 1: WE MUST MAKE A COMPILER TO CONVERT THE WRITTEN PROGRAM COMPATIBLE FOR OUR X11 SYSTEM.

STEP 2:SUCH PROGRAMS SHOULD BE WRITTEN UNDER LINUX SHELL WITHOUT X11 ,AND MUST APPLY THE DIRCTX ACCELERATION

FUNCTIONS OF THE DRIVERS WRITTEN ,AND IF IT'S NECESSARY WE MUST RE-WRITE THE DRIVER.

BESIDES THE PROGRAM MUST HAVE SUCH FUNCTIONS:

1:THESE PROGRAMS COULD BE RUN SIMUTANEOUSSLY BY THE KERNEL ,EVEN CAN'T BE SEEM TOGETHER .

2:COULD OUTPUT THE REAL-TIME CAPTURED SCREEN TO SOME SPECIFIC MEMORY SECTIONS,SUCH AS FRAME BUFFER OR

SOME WAY LIKE MICROSOFT WINDOWS DO.

3:THE INPUT COMMAND WAS WRITTEN SEPARATED BUT IT MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO SHUT THE INPUT COMMAND OFF

ITSEELF.

4:THE PROGRAM MUST BE CREATED WITH SOME BOUNDARIES RELATED THE DIRECTX FUNCTIONS COORDINATION.

STEP 3:WE CREATE THE NEW XSERVER AND MODIFY THE PROGRAM BY STEP 1&2 TO GET THE PROTOCOL WITH THE NEW XSERVER

AND THE X SERVER WILL SEND THE PACKET OF INPUT TO EACH PROGRAM.

THEN WE MUST BUILD NEW PROTOCOL ABOUT THE "OUTPUT SCREEN" OF STEP2 FUNCTION 3 ,THE SERVER WILL CUT AND

RE-ARRANGE THE SEQUENCE OF EACH SCREEN AND THE FINAL OUTPUT WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE MONITOR.

THE REASON I WANT TO DO IT IS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL XSERVER IS NOT SO GOOD IN ALLOCATE THE MEMORY OF THE DIAPLAY

CHIPS SO I WANT THE KERNEL TO DO IT .

STEP 4:WE CANT LET THE SOFTWARE WRITTEN WITH THE API OF DIRECTX ,VGA... TO CHANGE THE RESOLUTION ,THIS COULD BE

CONTROLLED BY THE PROGRAM ITSELF OR OTHER SOFTWARE.IF IS BY OTHER SOFTWARES,THE PROGRAM MUST USING SOME

PROTOCOL ABOUT BOUNDARY TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS (CHANGE BOUNDARY )AND IF WANNA THE WHOLE

SUB-SCREEN TO BE ENLARGED OR SHRUNKEN SMOOTHLY IT MUST BE WRITTEN USING SOME SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS

SUCH AS DIRECTX FUNCTIONS.

STEP 5: WE MAKE THE NEW XSERVER TO DO THE WINDOW SYSTEM,JUST TO CONTROL THE MEMORY OF THE DISPLAY CHIPS.TO CUT THE

SPECIFIC RECTANGLE AREA TO DISPLAY. THE INTERIOR COMPONENT WILL STAY THE SAME SIZE.OF COURSE THE SOFTWARE

MUST BE REPREPARED FOR THIS FUNCTION.

STEP 6:WE CAN LET THE PROGRAM TO DRAW THE DEFAULT WINDOW , TO CREATE MFC ELEMENTS USING OUR COMPILER'S TEMPLATE

TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR SOFTWARE PRODUCERS TO MAKE NEW SOFTWARE ON OUR PLATFORM.

VISIT: HTTP://XWINDOW.WEBS.COM
XMIKHAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 01:01 AM   #2
alexmurray

Default Re: NEW XWINDOW

I assume this is spam... (don't trust it enough to see where the link goes, plus the all caps is basically incomprehensible...)
alexmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 03:54 AM   #3
brucecadieux

Default Re: NEW XWINDOW

NO IT JUST SIMPLY COULDN'T BE SPAM.
brucecadieux is offline   Reply With Quote