Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-27-10, 10:14 PM   #13
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: Blur Official Thread

Trying to purchase this on steam now (finally out in Australia) and the damn thing won't purchase!
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 02:19 AM   #14
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Bah, they've removed the purchase option again.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 03:50 AM   #15
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

LOLz, they are pranking you Wolph. Like the trick 'Click OK' programs where the OK keeps moving.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 05:28 AM   #16
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I just bought it from Xfire in Australia. Screw steam and their regional lockout BS.
Old 05-28-10, 06:18 AM   #17
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I like this game... very much a mario kart with modern graphics and more realistic driving. Not a sim by any means, of course. Performance is a bit low... I get 35-40fps with v-synch on.

Looks okay... make sure you force AF on it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 08:09 AM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I like this game... very much a mario kart with modern graphics and more realistic driving. Not a sim by any means, of course. Performance is a bit low... I get 35-40fps with v-synch on.

Looks okay... make sure you force AF on it.
is that with your 5870? I wonder if its just driver issue. btw what res?
Old 05-28-10, 08:36 AM   #19
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

NarcissistZero - finally dumped the GTX 260, NICE UPGRADE!! I went from a GTX 280 to the HD5870 and it was a big upgrade in performance.

Regarding Blue performance - thats the only thing about ATIs drivers that bothered me. A new game would come out and sometimes it's 2-3 driver releases before its tweaked. Nvidia on the other hand pays for early access so they are always optimized when they hit stores / digital. I really loved my HD5870 and even ATIs drivers... but that was the one thing that bothered me. I really wish developers worked with both ATI and Nvidia early on and it wasn't something that needed money to change hands for them to get early code and start optimizing. I see the new 256 series removed the physx block when using an ATI card, whether intentional or not is not yet known.

I really don't like Nvidia's business practices - things they do like removing Physx from an Nvidia GPU just because an ATI card is the "primary display adaptor" and them paying for early access basically making it impossible for ATI to work with the developer early on unless they pay up too. I was really ticked about the PhysX thing because about the time I got my HD5870 I picked up a 9600GT to dedicate for physx then they blocked it from the drivers... so I ended up selling the 9600 GT as it was useless to me. Sometimes Nvidia hurts their own customers and I don't even think they know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 08:53 AM   #20
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Nvidia on the other hand pays for early access so they are always optimized when they hit stores / digital. I really wish developers worked with both ATI and Nvidia early on and it wasn't something that needed money to change hands for them to get early code and start optimizing.
nothing is stopid ATI from doing the same, they just don't want to.

you should be glad at least one company stepped up, and actually is helping developers. when nvidia is working with devs to optimize their code, add dx effects etc... they are helping all gamers.

You are partially right about Physx, that is nvidia tech, so they have a right to do what they want with it.

Just like ATI is working with some devs to add eyefinity tech.

now back to topic.

NZ, how many cars, tracks is in the game?
and could you post some shots?

Old 05-28-10, 09:17 AM   #21
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post

you should be glad at least one company stepped up, and actually is helping developers. when nvidia is working with devs to optimize their code, add dx effects etc... they are helping all gamers.

You are partially right about Physx, that is nvidia tech, so they have a right to do what they want with it.

now back to topic.

NZ, how many cars, tracks is in the game?
and could you post some shots?

Wait, back off topic for a sec...

Yes, but I bought an Nvidia card for PhysX. The box said PhysX was a feature of the product. Nowhere did it say - "PhysX only works with this card as the primary adaptor". I bought it for PhysX but couldn't use it for PhysX. Therein lies the problem. See I still bought their product, I paid $100 for it, but I couldn't use the features they advertised on the box. I don't think they see the bigger picture - whether or not it's my primary adaptor I'm a customer that just bought their product and I expect it to work.

I just don't think ATI has the money to engage developers. Its been a rough few years for them. On the other hand I don't think it's right that developers are taking handouts and give one company early access. I guess it's more of a moral question and I don't agree with the Mafia style backroom buyouts.

Also - eyefinity doesn't block any Nvidia features from working - its just adding something to the game for their hardware. Thats different.

Ok, I'm done. And to get this back on topic quickly.. I bought the game last night and played for awhile. Its fun but I hate the fact that you can be out front and someone can knock you out really easily. I get that it's part of the game and I can do it too - but I lost a race that I was winning and I was not happy about it lmao. I don't think this will consume too much of my time, its fun for a mindless time waster but its no DiRT2 or NFS Shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 09:18 AM   #22
|MaguS|

I heard theres a large amount of tracks, cars its lacking in numbers but this isn't a true racing gaming, its more about car combat.
Old 05-28-10, 10:04 AM   #23
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:

Yes, but I bought an Nvidia card for PhysX. The box said PhysX was a feature of the product. Nowhere did it say - "PhysX only works with this card as the primary adaptor". I bought it for PhysX but couldn't use it for PhysX. Therein lies the problem. See I still bought their product, I paid $100 for it, but I couldn't use the features they advertised on the box. I don't think they see the bigger picture - whether or not it's my primary adaptor I'm a customer that just bought their product and I expect it to work.
fine, that might be right, but on other hand, why would nvidia invest time and money to test ati+nvidia physx configurations to make sure its working correctly? And then get blamed if something changes in 3rd party driver and something stops working.

Quote:

I just don't think ATI has the money to engage developers. Its been a rough few years for them. On the other hand I don't think it's right that developers are taking handouts and give one company early access. I guess it's more of a moral question and I don't agree with the Mafia style backroom buyouts.
haha, that just made me laugh. so it would be OK for ATi to have a program like that (and they did in past), but now since they are broke and can't afford it, competition is evil for having their program running. thats some great double standards, haha.
sure, one company tries to make things better for everyone and they are made to look like the bad guys. nvidia invest their time to optimize code, basically what developers get is couple additional free programmers.
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15834/1/

ATI just been lazy for the past couple years, they tried doing a program like that before(around Black and White2 days), and it failed. now they are trying again with "Gaming Evolved Program "

lets see how long this one last , there is no profit to be made directly in these programs. At best it can later on result in better hardware sales, and most importantly improve the quality of games, and that improves the strenght of the platform, making it better for everyone.

Quote:

Also - eyefinity doesn't block any Nvidia features from working - its just adding something to the game for their hardware. Thats different.
And that is exactly what nvidia is doing. ATI if they wanted to they could add physx, but again it seems like they don't care.

And before you reply, But poor ATI would have to pay, cry me a ****ing river. Even if they would have to, so what? Thats how business world works.
Old 05-28-10, 10:06 AM   #24
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I heard theres a large amount of tracks, cars its lacking in numbers but this isn't a true racing gaming, its more about car combat.
cool