Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-03-10, 08:23 PM   #1
onmikesline

Default Official Need For Speed World

MASSIVE Online Play. they said it was free but they change there mind
http://world.needforspeed.com/

Need for Speed: World (previously known as Need for Speed: World Online) is an upcoming installment in the long-running racing video game Need for Speed franchise published by Electronic Arts. This iteration is being co-developed by EA Black Box and EA Singapore , the first MMORG in the Need for Speed series since Motor City Online, exclusively for Windows-based PCs. World is scheduled for release worldwide on July 20, 2010.[1][2]
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 09:00 PM   #2
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: Official Need For Speed World

Was testing it out yesterday. Seems nice enough, only when I go fullscreen @ 1920x1080, the fps drops to 24 and does not change. It seems to have a built in Vsync which pisses me off. Especially since my refresh rate is set to 60!
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 06:33 AM   #3
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Was testing it out yesterday. Seems nice enough, only when I go fullscreen @ 1920x1080, the fps drops to 24 and does not change. It seems to have a built in Vsync which pisses me off. Especially since my refresh rate is set to 60!
Well you're weird, I thought everyone played their games on a cinema projector.

The only time I've had anything revert to 24fps was Crysis on my HDTV... to get it to set to 1080p it would only use 1080/24p which is a movie mode.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 07:01 AM   #4
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

this game officially blows, its like NFS Undercover only gone fully multiplayer.

and why did you start "official" thread for a game that won't be released for another month and half?

Official threads are started when game is released, not months and half before.
Old 06-04-10, 09:59 AM   #5
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Well you're weird, I thought everyone played their games on a cinema projector.

The only time I've had anything revert to 24fps was Crysis on my HDTV... to get it to set to 1080p it would only use 1080/24p which is a movie mode.
Yeah this seems to be a wierd thing with ATI cards and some games at 1080 through HDMI (or Nvidia as well...?). Prince of Persia(2008) does this for me, as well as Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena.

Only way I found around it was using RefreshLock: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...nload-392.html and forcing it to 60hz. Only downside is D3DOverride for forcing triple-buffering doesn't work with it, but it will at least get you 60hz.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote