Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 05:33 AM   #50
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Youtube: Crysis 2 game play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Future proofing your game is fine... I don't need to run it maxed out instantly. But the fact remains that Crysis 1 was unoptimized garbage.
Whatever... for how amazing it looks it runs damn good.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 12:06 PM   #51
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Hunts one of those who consider it to run poorly unless you can max it on an 8800.
Quote:
I don't think I should run it max on an 8800, but it shouldn't run as poorly as it does. Yes, it runs fine on PCs NOW, but it shouldn't take years before a computer can actually run a game maxed out. IMHO, God of War 3 looks better and it runs fine on a PS3... so...
Quote:
I think Crysis is probably still the best looking game that is trying to look realistic... I can't even think of anything that would compete with it in that realm, honestly.
Quote:
Future proofing your game is fine... I don't need to run it maxed out instantly. But the fact remains that Crysis 1 was unoptimized garbage.
Quote:
Whatever... for how amazing it looks it runs damn good.
Last time I played Crysis I was actually enjoying SLi 32xAA with all in-game options maxed (DX10)... this is with measly dual 8800GTXs. At some points I think it dropped to near 17fps... but I'm more forgiving than many so I can understand how people would find that not playable. For me- it was enjoyable. Drop the AA down and it ran smooth as butter.

This is with two cards that are 4 years old. That's impressive IMO...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 12:28 PM   #52
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Last time I played Crysis I was actually enjoying SLi 32xAA with all in-game options maxed (DX10)... this is with measly dual 8800GTXs. At some points I think it dropped to near 17fps...
Im calling bull**** on that. Sorry but I had SLi GTX 260s and couldn't even play with 4xAA at a playable framerate with settings maxed. Was SLi 32xAA even available on the 8800GTXs?
Old 06-10-10, 12:32 PM   #53
HiCZoK4

maybe he thought that aa is applied and it wasnt working but he got fooled ? I got myself fooled sometimes when aa isnt as much easily visible in game becouse of extensive use of motion blur..
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 12:42 PM   #54
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
maybe he thought that aa is applied and it wasnt working but he got fooled ? I got myself fooled sometimes when aa isnt as much easily visible in game becouse of extensive use of motion blur..
It's easy to see AA in Crysis, the game looks as jagged as hell without it due to the brighness and amount of foilage.
Old 06-10-10, 12:57 PM   #55
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's easy to see AA in Crysis, the game looks as jagged as hell without it due to the brighness and amount of foilage.
Maybe he was using 640x480? 32xAA + Crysis with 2x8800GTX = fail.
Old 06-10-10, 01:46 PM   #56
Redeemed

Quote:
Im calling bull**** on that. Sorry but I had SLi GTX 260s and couldn't even play with 4xAA at a playable framerate with settings maxed. Was SLi 32xAA even available on the 8800GTXs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Quote:
Ya'll may be right. I just played it some. At first I had SLi x8 set via NVCP, and all in-game options maxed. Was getting slightly better than what I said.

Then, I went into NVCP and changed AA to SLi x32Q and played through the same part- game looked identical to the prior run and performance was near comparable. I'm guessing the AA isn't sticking then?

Anywho- I'm uploading some screenshots. I'll add them to this post soon as they're uploaded.

EDIT1: Okay, first batch from SLi x8 AA run is uploaded. Still waiting for the SLi x32Q shots to upload.

***WARNING!!! SCREENSHOTS ARE FULL SIZE (1680 X 1050)***

SLi x8 AA:

Looking at those screenshots I have to wonder if any AA is being applied. If so- doesn't look like it's much more than 2xAA. I have it set to over-ride in-game settings via NVCP. Maybe I also have to use in-game AA settings for it to work?

When the rest of the shots are done I'll upload them for comparison sake. Also have shots of the NVCP settings and CPU-z just to remove any doubt ya'll may have...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-10, 02:36 PM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I played it on a single 275 with DX9 settings maxed and 4xAA and never fell below 30fps. DX10 is likely a whole other ballgame however.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 02:55 PM   #58
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Congratulations! Another game ruined by consoles. Whatever console that is looks to be chugging hard. Its all about the $ anyways, I'm sure they'll get rich selling their crappy game to the console-idiots. Make a few grand selling a crappy port to the PC crowd.

Mission accomplished - its all about the money, no longer about the quality of your game.
So you've got your copy of the game already and can give us a reliable critique on the quality of it and the story?

No?

Lets play the game first and then decide if it's "ruined" or not.

And the last time I checked, no one is complaining about games like God of War, Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham Asylum (need I go on) being "crappy games" for console idiots.

Also, for the record, Crysis 2's story was written by Richard Morgan. His work and credentials aren't too shabby
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 03:22 PM   #59
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Lol, yeah I like how mailman2 is complaining about how Crytek wants money. HOW DARE THEY TRY TO MAKE MORE MONEY!?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-10, 03:34 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Redeemed, your below 30 in a shot and theres nothing going on... get close to the water and have a fire fight... it will drop by half there.

Here are some shots at your resolution with 4xAA ingame, Very High Settings and 8xAA CP Enhanced.