Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-11, 07:37 PM   #1
AJenbo

Default Translation

On a Danish system the save and exit button is translated, but just about every thing else in the NVIDIA X configurations tool is in English. This is making it difficult for users to configure there there screen.
Is there any thing I can do to work on translating it, either at the source or in a distribution (I am part of the Danish translation group, both in general but more specific focusing on Ubuntu).
AJenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:03 AM   #2
artem

Default Re: Translation

Grab the sources and translate them: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nvidia-settings/

Don't expect your translation to be included officially though.
artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:38 PM   #3
AJenbo

Default Re: Translation

Looking threw that code the program does not even seam to have been prepared for translation, so I would either have do the l18n work and try to make nvidia or the distribution accept the patch.
Or translate it in the source code and make a special build available from my own personal website, and try to get every Dane in the world to install from my page rather then the official sources (and so would any one else in order to build a localized version).

Is there any chance that Nvidia could enable translation (preferably GetText format) for the tool?

Also i don't find any reference for where the tool is picking up Quit/Af**** Help/Hjælp and Save/Gem. Any idea why they appear to be translated?
AJenbo is offline   Reply With Quote