Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-10, 08:06 PM   #109
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Official release date of gran turismo 5...

Just got done installing. I had extra monies .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 08:20 PM   #110
Destroy

It would appear installing the game is more exciting than the game itself.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 08:38 PM   #111
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
It would appear installing the game is more exciting than the game itself.
Installing it all at once takes a while. You don't have to do it all at once, but I had other stuff to do, so I figured I would get it over with.

Have only done two races so far, but it is amazing. Feels perfect!
Old 11-25-10, 06:29 AM   #112
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I'm surprised how good this game feels with a wheel with such limited tweaking possibilities on the G25 and ingame. They really tuned the default values nicely. Feels much better than recent similar PC titles like Shift or TDU 2 Beta. Kudos for that!

But the drastic difference between the good and the bad quality tracks and cars is not something I can ignore easily. For example a night race with a Standard car is really strange, the front lights are on but they have no effect. But on the competition's cars they work...
Driving with banana feels better than that. But how can you compare it to GTR EVO, RACE 07, rFactor?
Old 11-25-10, 07:41 AM   #113
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
I'm surprised how good this game feels with a wheel with such limited tweaking possibilities on the G25 and ingame. They really tuned the default values nicely. Feels much better than recent similar PC titles like Shift or TDU 2 Beta. Kudos for that!

But the drastic difference between the good and the bad quality tracks and cars is not something I can ignore easily. For example a night race with a Standard car is really strange, the front lights are on but they have no effect. But on the competition's cars they work...
Try hitting L1. There is a button that turns the lights on I think.
Old 11-25-10, 10:40 AM   #114
LurkerLito

Is it me or are there no options for the G25? I played it last night, but it won't use the shifter in the discreet gear mode. I can use the ones on the steering wheel or if I make the shifter up/down only but the individual gear mode on the shifter doesn't work. Am I missing something?

I think I will hold off playing it anymore till Monday when I get the wheelstand pro I ordered. It kind of sucks with the G25 on your lap.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 11:46 AM   #115
LurkerLito

Quote:
There are no options for the G25. Only for the cheapo console wheels.
But the G25 works just fine with the default profile. Including the H-Shifter.
Hmm...The H-Shifter didn't work for me for some reason, I had to use the paddle shifters or change the stick to the up/down mode. I'll have to give it a try again later.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 01:25 PM   #116
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

Quote:
I love the new Photo Mode. DSLR settings in a game, that's cool! But when playing with a wheel you can't move around the camera and stuff but it produces nice photos anyway. I'll try to post a few later on

For you and thos playing with a wheel.

I turn on a controller and hold the home button and switch the controller to #1. both the wheel and controller will be #1 so i can use the controller to navagate the menu and the wheel to drive.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-10, 05:49 PM   #117
Viral
Registered User of Women

slaWter, you're probably on to it by now, but have you noticed the default brake balance is 5:5? :s

I'm still playing with a controller for now which is a big pain, but I'm going to play around with brake bias tonight and set it to more normal levels and see how that changes things.

I'm liking the game a lot, but have to agree on the varying quality. Standard cars really do look quite bad most of the time... I didn't think I would have a problem driving them, but I now find myself avoiding them. Still, when in "bumper" view they are still fine since you see nothing... it's just the start of the race/replays and AI cars that can sometimes look bad enough to ruin the experience.

Tracks are the same. Trial mountain is pretty bland and pretty much just above PS2 level IMO. OTOH other GT series tracks like deep forest and SSR5/clubman are somewhat acceptable. the Nur' is amazing, as are most of the city tracks but then again I expected that.

Anyhow, good game with some glaring flaws and ugly sides. Still very enjoyable.

My two major gripes so far:
- Shadows look worse than Prologue (was this to get 16 cars on the track? They're horrible, and the prologue shadows were bad to start with) Luckily the replays look fine.
- No Brake upgrades? Seriously?

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 08:45 PM   #118
KasuCode
Wiley

Theres mention lots of new content and fixes coming in the upcoming weeks. And people are thinking the shadows are a bug and will be part of the fixes.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 11-26-10, 12:07 AM   #119
KasuCode
Wiley

885HP
811ft-lb

100% modded without racing kit (will buy another car ZR1 for racing kit)

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 11-26-10, 04:52 AM   #120
Viral
Registered User of Women

I'm having too much fun tuning sub 1000kg cars to 200-300hp to save up for any sort of car like that yet, hehe.

I take back what I said about the standards. While they look ugly, I'm still happy that they're there. The Hommell Belinette RS coupe that I won is pure fun on wheels. Never tried the car in GT4...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote