Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-02-10, 06:32 PM   #145
LurkerLito

Default Re: ***Official Gran Turismo 5 Feedback Thread***

Here is a good article of one of my biggest issues with GT5

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...nus-and-ui.ars

The f**king menus. OMG I hate the UI so much. Race is specific to a year or range and it only gives you the option to look in your garage, if there is no qualifying car then there is a list you can see that you have to memorize, back out all the way, then go to the dealership or used car dealer and find something you can remember from the list. And with this new used car list not always having something for some of the retro races is just frustrating.

I barely won the beginner Japanese classic car with a 69 honda I got. I upgraded the engine to max and the exhaust and intakes and the POS still can't go over 105mph. Almost every car in the race will blow past me on any kind of long straight section. It is a car that qualifies for use in the World Classic car beginner A-Spec race, but the first track is just a really large one with really long straight sections. I can't even get past 7th cause of the POS and there hasn't even been one semi decent used 1969 or earlier car available. That is just something I can't stand about this game. It's a f**king game, I don't want to find other things to do while I wait for a decent used car to show up in the used car shop. It should just have every non premium car listed there sorted by make/model/year and randomize some of the extras like milage, tires, engine setup, etc.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 11:30 PM   #146
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
Here is a good article of one of my biggest issues with GT5

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...nus-and-ui.ars

The f**king menus. OMG I hate the UI so much. Race is specific to a year or range and it only gives you the option to look in your garage, if there is no qualifying car then there is a list you can see that you have to memorize, back out all the way, then go to the dealership or used car dealer and find something you can remember from the list. And with this new used car list not always having something for some of the retro races is just frustrating.

I barely won the beginner Japanese classic car with a 69 honda I got. I upgraded the engine to max and the exhaust and intakes and the POS still can't go over 105mph. Almost every car in the race will blow past me on any kind of long straight section. It is a car that qualifies for use in the World Classic car beginner A-Spec race, but the first track is just a really large one with really long straight sections. I can't even get past 7th cause of the POS and there hasn't even been one semi decent used 1969 or earlier car available. That is just something I can't stand about this game. It's a f**king game, I don't want to find other things to do while I wait for a decent used car to show up in the used car shop. It should just have every non premium car listed there sorted by make/model/year and randomize some of the extras like milage, tires, engine setup, etc.
Remember, it's a Japanese game. Ever watch Japanese Anime? I love anime but sometimes the stories don't make any sense. They think differently.

They also like their games hard.

About GT5, the races are usually ristricted by country, year or some other basic category. You don't have to memorize a list of cars. For the Japanese classic race I think it only asked for a Japanes car from the 60's or 70's.

I had no trouble finding one in the used car section. I upgraded it and it easily beat all the competing cars.

Some cars have transmissions that limit their speed. If you upgraded the overall horse power of the car and it still wouldn't go faster then it's probably the transmission.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 12:38 PM   #147
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Yes i bought a Ford mustang and almost upgraded the stupid thing to max, and still it wouldnt top more then 195km/h.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 09:01 PM   #148
Aphot
lol wut?

Send a message via AIM to Aphot Send a message via MSN to Aphot

I won a 62 Buick Special, cant remember where I won it, but its really fast for the classic car event.
2 HIS HD6970's in Crossfire
Western Digital;
2 Velociraptor 300GB in Raid 0
2 Caviar Black 1.0TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Denon PRA-1000 , POA-1500
Celestion Ditton 442's
Corsair HX 1050
Antec P183
Dell U2410
Sennheiser HD 555
Razer Deathadder / Razer Lycosa
Aphot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 12:01 AM   #149
Viral
Registered User of Women

If you have trouble finding the right car for an event look at the "typical entrants" next to the tyre restrictions when about the enter the event. They are arranged with the most powerful at the top and you can usually tell which is the best by the one with the most power BUT also not as much weight. For the Truck race for instance (where you need to buy a used truck - theres no new ones) The Toyota Tacoma X runner is the best because it is much lighter... I bought the Chevy SST instead because it was there... it's probably the second best for the event, but very expensive, so not the best choice money wise.

Failing this, do the event if you have a car that can enter it and see which car dominates. Sometimes the best cars won't be included so you may have to do it more than once. I usually only do this if I enter and fail badly because my car sucks, that's only happened once though, the Vits race... I ended up sticking with the model I had because it was lighter and tuned it a bit more. For my crappy b-spec driver I chucked a big turbo on it

Another thing, don't sell prize cars unless you know you don't need it. Most are useful for later events... like the Dome concept car for the Classic Japanese race for example, with a bit of tuning it dominates. You also need to keep these cars after winning for your b-spec career, although with the bad b-spec drivers you may need to tune more and buy worse tyres because of tyre restrictions in b-spec.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 10:09 AM   #150
Destroy

Is this really how the AI is in GT5?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 09:37 PM   #151
Viral
Registered User of Women

I've had problems when my b-spec driver spins out as well as when I agressively overtake drivers and they punt me and dont stop accelerating at all which spins you out!

But here are some videos showing that the AI do avoid colission,

And a video showing that they suddenly ignore you once you are classified as "spinning out",

The AI leaves a lot to be desired, especially B-spec drivers on Daytona! There is some collision detection there though... it just seems certain conditions can nullify it quite easily They've got to fix this.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Old 12-04-10, 10:15 PM   #152
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post

Wow, that is pretty special

I wonder if there is a big patch expected to fix these deficiencies?

I mean they only took like a century to make the damn game, you'd think they might have beta-tested some of this crap.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-10, 12:13 AM   #153
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
My tuned Dome was a bit too much for my moron B-Spec driver. He spun out at the exit of every hairpin.

I hate B-Spec.
Just done the Japanese Classic in it with my third B-spec driver who just got to lvl 1. Had no problems even though you have to run comfort soft tyres. Trick is when he has a much faster car is to tell him to decrease pace right at the start. In this event he will usually get out in front right away, at which point you can then tell him to maintain pace (or decrease if the car is fast enough). Then once he gets down below the middle tell him to increase and then maintain when just a bit in the red. As long as you keep him around the middle he should be fine.

Daytona is rediculous for B-spec. I had to make my Silverado SST concept 750bhp so that he could easily overtake on the straights since he would brake too much for the corners and have other cars bump draft him. Seriously the car behind would always bump draft him, they would both drive way too slow and other cars would over take on the outside Stupid. On top of this they always tap their brakes over the start/finish line.

I've heard people say to put the brake balance down to 1F 1R and it will reduce their over braking, I'm yet to try this.

Old 12-05-10, 05:48 PM   #154
sammy sung

Wish the engine noise and overall soundeffects were better,this is atleast one area that F3 owns this game,if i play them back to back there's a huge difference and that bums me out.

Same car/same track both games.

Old 12-17-10, 12:06 PM   #155
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
That video was proven to be staged.

The AI seems worse in GT5 because of the license tests and events were you have to overtake 10 cars in 2 laps.

If you race the AI fair and overtake safely like you would in an online race they will rarely clip you.

PS3 | Xbox 360
Old 12-17-10, 12:12 PM   #156
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Daytona is rediculous for B-spec. I had to make my Silverado SST concept 750bhp so that he could easily overtake on the straights since he would brake too much for the corners and have other cars bump draft him. Seriously the car behind would always bump draft him, they would both drive way too slow and other cars would over take on the outside Stupid. On top of this they always tap their brakes over the start/finish line.

I've heard people say to put the brake balance down to 1F 1R and it will reduce their over braking, I'm yet to try this.
That race is really bad, I would say the A-Spec for the same race is even worse. I won this with a 420HP X Runner in B-Spec. I think the key was the height adjustable suspension and reducing the ride heigh to -13/-13. Also after my driver's meter maxed out red, I kept pushing "maintain" command. He never braked on the straight. His speed was consistent.

Also I got the adjustable transmission and set the max speed to 170mph.

I won that race by 10 seconds.

PS3 | Xbox 360