Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-16-10, 06:08 AM   #1
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Default Nehrim - At Fate's Edge (TESIV: Oblivion Total Conversion)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-...man-version-10

Quote:
Today, the biggest completed total conversion for Oblivion gets released. After 4 years of development, we are proud to present our project to the public.
Nehrim features a continent that is as big as Cyrodiil, built completely by hand and filled with cities, castles, villages, hidden places, quests, dungeons, new weapons, armours and spells. There is professional German voice acting for every dialogue as well as a new soundtrack with more than 50 unique music pieces. The mod offers about 50 hours of playing time.

We are currently working on an English version with translated texts and German voice acting and are making good progress. We estimate that the English version will be available in July or August.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 06:32 AM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Nehrim - At Fate's Edge (TESIV: Oblivion Total Conversion)

Looking forward to the English version.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 07:06 AM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

if this mod is decent i might rebuy oblivion, sold it a while ago since the original game as crap
Old 06-16-10, 07:39 AM   #4
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
if this mod is decent i might rebuy oblivion, sold it a while ago since the original game as crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 08:23 AM   #5
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
you ARE aware that this isn't the first excellent looking user made mod right?

I can't even count how many weeks of time I spent playing though non bethesda stories and enjoying them much more than most of what we got with obilivion.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 09:50 AM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
you ARE aware that this isn't the first excellent looking user made mod right?

I can't even count how many weeks of time I spent playing though non bethesda stories and enjoying them much more than most of what we got with obilivion.
I don't care about looks, I want a decent RPG experience, and Oblivion so far didn't deliver, I sold the game about 6 months ago

And if this Total conversion is decent I might buy the game again.
Old 06-16-10, 09:54 AM   #7
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Crap - this is what you get for buying the xbox360 version.
Old 06-17-10, 08:22 AM   #8
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Quote:
I don't care about looks, I want a decent RPG experience, and Oblivion so far didn't deliver, I sold the game about 6 months ago

And if this Total conversion is decent I might buy the game again.
I didn't mean excellent looking visually, I meant looks excellent as a mod overall.

there are a LOT of user made mods that add little to no extra stuff visually besides NPC's. They add terrific story you know... like lost paladins of the divines
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop

Old 06-17-10, 08:32 AM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
I didn't mean excellent looking visually, I meant looks excellent as a mod overall.

there are a LOT of user made mods that add little to no extra stuff visually besides NPC's. They add terrific story you know... like lost paladins of the divines
adding up more stuff to a world (Oblivion) that you already don't like won't make it better.

Total conversion might be different, because with total conversion entire game world should be different.

Oblivion had one of the worst stories ever told, gonig from gate to gate, you could finish the game in 5-8 hours, for an RPG that is pathetic. Some might say but there was other side missions to do, fine there were but... world is falling apart; oblivion gates are opening, but wait I do a side mission, i will look for your post potatoes.
Old 06-17-10, 08:47 AM   #10
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Eh, well that's sort of the double edged sword that bethesda's type of game presents. the go anywhere and do anything at any point in the game mentality can be good or bad.

What's that? A giant Oblivion gate is opening up to destroy Bruma? BRB. going to shivering isles first to arm wrestle the Jyggalag first.

- Server -

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
Old 06-17-10, 12:43 PM   #11
Sean_W

Quote:

Oblivion had one of the worst stories ever told, gonig from gate to gate, you could finish the game in 5-8 hours, for an RPG that is pathetic. Some might say but there was other side missions to do, fine there were but... world is falling apart; oblivion gates are opening, but wait I do a side mission, i will look for your post potatoes.
Like a lot of games in fact. Who plays the main story anyway? Fallout 3's main story was short as well and it's not about the main story. The side missions are where all the fun is to be had, the same as GTA as well.

Closing the gates was only part of the main story but at least each gate was different in layout.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 01:39 PM   #12
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Eh, well that's sort of the double edged sword that bethesda's type of game presents. the go anywhere and do anything at any point in the game mentality can be good or bad.

What's that? A giant Oblivion gate is opening up to destroy Bruma? BRB. going to shivering isles first to arm wrestle the Jyggalag first.
but that the thing they could wrapped the main story around side missions better.

for example before you could close the first game, you would have infiltrate few groups:theifs, magi etc.. to find information how to enter the gate, then when you find that info, you would find that you need to know procedure how to close it. that would get other side missions involved. etc..