Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-10, 02:59 PM   #25
smashingpunk009
FTW
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston, Texass
Posts: 8
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Thinking about it games are all made on PCs, whenever you see a behind the scenes vid it is always Xbox controllers hooked up to PCs. Maybe they just wanted it removed because of the crash.
Yup so this move doesn't bother me, the early videos of Final Fantasy 13 had the game running on a PC, even Heavy Rain and Alan Wake earliest footage was running on the PC. Those games were not released on the PC, we even have the engine that has made all 3 Gears of War games and we only have part 1 available on the PC, its funny how every game can be released for the PC yet console world marketing and politics just won't allow it
smashingpunk009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 03:18 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Crytek is pretty lucky this didn't happen during EA's conference though...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 05:48 PM   #27
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede
 
Soetdjuret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Svea
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
So which video was fake? I mean which of shown videos was PC while it was suppose to be 360
none... where do crytek state this is console fottage?
__________________
R.I.P Stage6 | per haud Justiciá illic exsisto haud pacís...
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 06:24 PM   #28
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
You dont even like crysis so why are you here? Just to get to bitch on like you always do when it comes to crysis.

Do me a favor and F off
Yeah and the day you become admin and tell me which threads i can and cant visit here is the day i stop visiting these forums...so do me a favour and you FO.

Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:37 PM   #29
WeReWoLf
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,015
Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Calm down guys
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 11:52 PM   #30
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Anyone who owns a console and expects Crysis 2 to look as good on 360 as it does on PC deserves to have their $60 stripped from them.



I disagree. I play on consoles all the time and I really enjoy them, but just the higher resolution alone on PC's really makes their graphics so much better, imo at least.
I play ps3/xbox 360 on a 50 inch plasma and even on consoles games like gt5p and forza 3 wich both run in 1080p looks tons better than 720p games.I would never choose a console version of a game that is also available on PC but after getting the 50 incher the lack of AA isn't really that noticable if you don't sit too close.Still though,most devs are getting damn lazy and a lot of games is more or less exactly the same over the 3 different platforms.Games like crysis 2 shouldn't really be released on the consoles imo,it deserves the full AA/texture/effects treatment and with those no console has a hope in hell of running it in 1080p.
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 02:33 AM   #31
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

It shouldn't be released on console, but you have to consider all the factors which brought Crytek to a multi platform release.

They develop their own tech, very time consuming, very expensive these days, they have EA behind them who want to maximise the profits on a big name and right now, consoles are the quick big money. PC tends to sell just as well, just over time.

All in all. I just say blame Ea ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 05:18 AM   #32
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine
 
BioHazZarD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

That video looked nothing special, even for console i think this game will be so bad playing on consoles it just doesnt fit them games like this are meant for pcs.
__________________
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-10, 08:22 AM   #33
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969
 
v3rninater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,095
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

The game looks decent, I'll buy it just because it's Crysis, but I'm not expecting my head to be blown at all.
__________________
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 10:24 AM   #34
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
I play ps3/xbox 360 on a 50 inch plasma and even on consoles games like gt5p and forza 3 wich both run in 1080p looks tons better than 720p games.I would never choose a console version of a game that is also available on PC but after getting the 50 incher the lack of AA isn't really that noticable if you don't sit too close.Still though,most devs are getting damn lazy and a lot of games is more or less exactly the same over the 3 different platforms.Games like crysis 2 shouldn't really be released on the consoles imo,it deserves the full AA/texture/effects treatment and with those no console has a hope in hell of running it in 1080p.
I would agree with that for Crysis, since I think the game content is **** and the only thing the series offers is groundbreaking graphics.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:34 PM   #35
Misfire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

I'm pretty sure they didn't remove it because it was on PC, if anything probably could have been the crash. I read somewhere on the crymod forums that it was probably the PC version running at XBOX360 SPEC which is more likely. I don't think they're trying to mislead console dudes that the game will look better than they think. Lets not jump to conclusions. I'm pretty sure some developers have ran demos on PCs at the console specs before.

When the game comes out, theres gonna be comparisons done. But anyways, can't wait for the game, looks great even on consoles.
__________________
Intel Core i7 930 @ 4Ghz
EVGA X58-SLI-LE
6 Gigs Crucial DDR3 Ram
MSI Geforce 560 TI Twin Frozr 1024MB @ 950/1800/2100
2.3 TB of Total Hard Drive Space
2 x Seagate 500GB 7200RPM HD
1 x Western Digital Caviar Black 1.0TB 7,200 HD
1 x Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM HD
1 x Seagate 320GB 7200RPM HD
Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 05:53 PM   #36
bacon12
Registered User
 
bacon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,532
Default Re: EA removed Crysis 2 because it was on PC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I would agree with that for Crysis, since I think the game content is **** and the only thing the series offers is groundbreaking graphics.
This, and why stick with aliens? Everyone I have heard comment loved fighting Koreans, and the suckage started with the first alien.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.