Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-07-10, 01:40 PM   #145
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Singularity

Gametrailers review was pretty damn positive, then all of a sudden at the end it goes "graphics suck though, 6.9."

What?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 05:38 PM   #146
Bman212121

Large install is large... 3/4 of the slow install
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 05:44 PM   #147
Bman212121

Hmm, the game seems interesting so far. I've been able to play a little bit of it, but it's borderline of my tolerance level. (Nausea) The story is kind of neat as you pick up little pieces from reading notes, hearing audio clips, and even watching some projectors. They've done a few "flashback" type things were you see ghosts of people, and there is one part where you have to save the guy in the past.

Hopefully I'll get some more time to play it, but I think I'll only be able to handle it for like 30 minutes at a time.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 05:49 PM   #148
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Gametrailers review was pretty damn positive, then all of a sudden at the end it goes "graphics suck though, 6.9."

What?
Maybe they played the PC version and the texture "bug" hit them, lulz. Guess they should try to actually do some quality control on their titles from now on...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 06:59 PM   #149
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
Damn, they are selling this game on Amazon uk for 38 on PC and 36 on Game uk.

Goooood God man, there is no way in hell i am paying more than 30 quid for a PC game. What is this, the new pricing policy. I thought PC games were usually in the 24.99 to 29.99 bracket

Will wait till it comes down in price
Get it from Tesco, it's less than 30. http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...rity/8:632421/
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 11:50 PM   #150
sillyeagle
sillyego

Seemed like the ending came quickly. Maybe 8 hours, but I go slow and inspect all the textures, setup screenshots, etc. Had a compelling story like bioshock for the first sections, then it kind of faded out with an attempt at revelations at the end, but by then I was not engaged in the story enough to be impacted. Bioshock/2 was compelling from start to finish. Still this was a great classic shooter game with a good story, a polished feel, excellent performance, and one that was a pleasure to look at from start to finish, the kind I like.

I ran at 1600x1200 8xMSAA 16xAF and never dipped below 45fps.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-09-10, 04:05 AM   #151
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

How did you get 8 hours out of this game? Took me like 5 hours and I was not rushing through. Did you search every corner for notes and upgrades?
Old 07-09-10, 06:16 AM   #152
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
How did you get 8 hours out of this game? Took me like 5 hours and I was not rushing through. Did you search every corner for notes and upgrades?
Took me 9.2 hours... you rushed it
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-10, 10:46 AM   #153
AMC_Duke
Mea Culpa

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...ty-Patch.shtml patch 1.1 is out

Texture streaming: some players have experienced a streaming bug that occurred on higher resolutions after playing for extended periods.
Networking connectivity: a few players have experienced a matchmaking bug when searching for a game where they would become stuck on the “Finding Best Match” screen.
16 GB DDR3 1600 Corsair
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMC_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 11:18 AM   #154
|MaguS|

My GF beat the game, she loved it. Her only complaint was that she wishes it was more slower like the beginning.
Old 07-20-10, 12:27 PM   #155
logan

I finished this the other day, it was alright.. kindof a mash of BioShock, Wolfenstein, and maybe a bit of Dead Space thrown in for the weapon and TMD upgrade stations. The graphics were pretty bad. It seemed like 50% of the time I was looking at generic blobs and splotches of brown and red colors. It was so bad at times I would miss chests because they were nearly unrecognizable, after a while I just paid more attention to object shapes. The character interaction was also really bad. If you weren't standing in exactly the right spot, they'd stare at nothing and have a conversation. I'm pretty sure Half-Life 2 managed to handle that just fine and it's 6 years old. I enjoyed the game more as it went. The time travel stuff was pretty interesting, but the puzzles were easy and you're always using the same box over and over, so when you see one, you know what's ahead. The game flow was pretty artificial with the doors closing behind you as you progressed through and I thought the checkpoints were a bit odd... I remember a few times where I could pick up E99 and other things I previously picked up when continuing from certain checkpoints. I thought there was way too much ammo in the game. I only recall one place where I ran out. Once I had the chain gun or whatever, I never even bothered using anything else. I carried that grenade launcher for the last half of the game as my secondary weapon and I only used it once. Better or more varied weapons would have been nice.

Maybe next time I'll play on a higher difficulty and use the chaingun less, and I'll have the patch to fix the graphics. I was pretty surprised to see this wasn't Raven's first UE3 title. I don't know how they could have let the game go looking like that.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 05:19 PM   #156
newparad1gm

Kind of dumb of me, but I forgot to put back the original files that the hex-edit texture fix changed before I applied the patch, and then my game would immediately crash on startup. So I had to reinstall and then applied the patch to the unmodified files, and everything worked. So don't forget to put back the original files that the hex-edit fix changed before applying the patch.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote