Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-10, 11:59 AM   #25
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well...

1) I have gotten so used to using KBM over 20+ years that no, it doesn't pull me out.
2) Controllers aren't any better, so what is your point?

I don't see the point in mocking the idea of being immersed in virtual worlds... for a lot of people that is the reason they game, or a major reason. There's nothing wrong with that.
Immersion is fine and all, but I still think the Crysis gameplay is crap.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:06 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Good for you.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:12 PM   #27
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Good for you.
Thanks.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:29 PM   #28
YodaStar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 165
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
But not so much as you make it out be. Seriously, even if Crysis 2 does look like that on the 360, does it warrant paying 1000 dollars to purchase dual 480s for it to look slightly better? Will that change the game from unplayable, to playable? Really...

The difference in price for Crysis High vs Very high is about 1000USD... From 1 8800GTX to Dual GTX280s...

Take a look... Is this worth 1000 dollars?

H
http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/01/7...-01_normal.jpg

VH
http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/01/7...-04_normal.jpg
There is far more than just that in difference between high and very high. It ranges from particle effects, density, lighting quality, object motionblur, LODs, water rendering, shading etc. You can check out the games category config files and see the stark difference and it is also reflected ingame. While those two static images shows small differences in motion and in other angles it is far greater.

It is also not true that you need 2xGTX280 unless you want smooth very high visuals at 1920x1080 with 4-8xMSAA. I do fine with my 4890 and did so to with my previously 4870 at 1440x900 and very high. Even going well beyond very high with custom settings it is still smooth.


And the part about "does it warrant paying 1000 dollars to purchase dual 480s for it to look slightly better?",

There is a big difference, your assuming high visuals vs very high. The difference is far greater with Crysis in mind and that will certainly be the case with Crysis 2. The OPs image shows some severe cutdowns in comparision. Dont confuse artwork with tech. In the end they go hand in hand when it all starts to move.

Anyway it looks good and will look even better on PC to satisfy those with decent to good computers. Win win for all or?
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:30 PM   #29
Lfctony
Registered User
 
Lfctony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well...

1) I have gotten so used to using KBM over 20+ years that no, it doesn't pull me out.
2) Controllers aren't any better, so what is your point?

I don't see the point in mocking the idea of being immersed in virtual worlds... for a lot of people that is the reason they game, or a major reason. There's nothing wrong with that.
I play for fun. I never bother with immersion, under no circumstances would I even slightly believe I am a game character. I also never said controllers are better, just that the point that graphics ruin immersion while you're using KBM or controller for that matter to play the game is kind of silly... And how can you say that consoles ruin immersion because of flawed graphics, since PCs, not matter how better they make games look, they still lack A LOT when compared to what real life looks like... Again, silly point...

Anyways, I'm being attacked from all angles here, so I'm making a tactical retreat. All I know is that all my friends who can't afford upgrading all the time switched to 360s for gaming after I suggested it to them and not once have they complained about poor graphics. In fact, they're much happier now because games just run... One is a guy with an 8800GTX, the other is a guy with a 4850... Both very good cards, what you'd put in that 500-600 dollar PC of yours thats supposed to kick the 360s ass...
__________________
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:48 PM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Anyways, I'm being attacked from all angles here, so I'm making a tactical retreat. All I know is that all my friends who can't afford upgrading all the time switched to 360s for gaming after I suggested it to them and not once have they complained about poor graphics. In fact, they're much happier now because games just run... One is a guy with an 8800GTX, the other is a guy with a 4850... Both very good cards, what you'd put in that 500-600 dollar PC of yours thats supposed to kick the 360s ass...
I just don't know what you expect or what the point is of coming to a PC dominated forum to spout pro-console arguments all of us know about and are not swayed by. "Dude, the games just RUN? OMG!" The PC has a ton of advantages that some people think are worth the hassle and expense. The consoles have convenience which mainstream consumers demand. It's not rocket science and no one will be swayed.

And don't get me started on the "fun" thing... "the Wii is best dood because it is just FUN!" What does that even mean, "fun"? Fun is different things to different people... my idea of having fun is being immersered in realistic virtual worlds. Prove me wrong.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:49 PM   #31
Tuork
Official pain in the ass
 
Tuork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,197
Send a message via MSN to Tuork
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Has anyone even cited the source of that image?
Is it even legit?

Let's step away from this whole PC-console fanboism for a minute and think about it. Do you guys really think that Crytek, world renowned for it's mind-blowing graphics, is going to push out a game with such poor graphics as those seen in the OP??
I would think that at the very LEAST, they'd go for Crysis1 level graphics on console; but let's be honest, they're not exactly known for doing the very least.

My guess is that the pic is from some early build or test or something of the sort.
__________________
My avatar: "An obscure and non sensical pattern made to get people to post what they think it is" - Vamp

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:53 PM   #32
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork View Post
Has anyone even cited the source of that image?
Is it even legit?

Let's step away from this whole PC-console fanboism for a minute and think about it. Do you guys really think that Crytek, world renowned for it's mind-blowing graphics, is going to push out a game with such poor graphics as those seen in the OP??
I would think that at the very LEAST, they'd go for Crysis1 level graphics on console; but let's be honest, they're not exactly known for doing the very least.

My guess is that the pic is from some early build or test or something of the sort.
Actually the fact Soet posted it makes it highly questionable, but if you think they are going to do Crysis 1 graphics on a 360 you are surely mistaken. Crytek loves visuals but they can't work miracles.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-10, 01:11 PM   #33
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Actually the fact Soet posted it makes it highly questionable, but if you think they are going to do Crysis 1 graphics on a 360 you are surely mistaken. Crytek loves visuals but they can't work miracles.
Right, cause no console can come close to Crysis-level graphics.

Wait, oh yea...

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 01:13 PM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Narc... how did you get immersed in Alpha Protocol? That game has garbage graphics. Worse than maybe any PS3 game I have seen in a while.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 01:16 PM   #35
Lfctony
Registered User
 
Lfctony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

NZ, I'm not going to argue anymore... Arguing with fanboys is not my idea of fun. I'm not suggesting that you are one, but lots of people are... There are certain advantages of gaming on consoles over PCs. Some people will never accept them... Guess what? All those millions of console owners out there see those advantages, hence the gaming platform preference. It's not my fault some people display such immaturity that they feel the need to attack a gaming platform other than their choice every chance they get...

And again, no game right now comes close to real life in terms of immersion, so the point that consoles ruin that immersion is invalid. That immersion does not exist on the PC either, to this day...
__________________
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 01:18 PM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Right, cause no console can come close to Crysis-level graphics.

Wait, oh yea...

dood, dat haz no aa und luk at doze taxturez. no wai cud i get imersed in a gaem wit gud stori and gud fraemraets.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.