Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-10, 03:27 PM   #37
HiCZoK4

Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

I dont know what are You talking about. I have jaw dropped by almost every new game whatever if its on console or pc
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 03:29 PM   #38
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Right, cause no console can come close to Crysis-level graphics.

Wait, oh yea...

http://www.levelfortytwo.com/wp-cont...arted22_01.jpg
But on what front, technical or artstyle or both? Beginning by posting s super-sampled shot isn't the right way. If so latest Batman game with SSAA, Bullestorm SSAA promo or BFBC2 SSAA shots looks atleast as good as U2. Do they all do the same tech, have the same dynamic scenes etc. For example U2 has lots of baked lighting relying on lightmaps, Crysis games and Crysis 2 has none and relies on full realtime lighting for all surfaces with perhaps a few exceptions. That is one reason for lack of day-night transition in U2 as it would break material lighting/shading.. There are many factors and differences.

http://www.gamereactor.se/bild/?textid=19451&id=192784

Only their contrast is muted but the point was the detail in native capture vs SSAA ones etc.

Anwyay I wont take part of this console/PC nonsense war anymore etc. They both got their benfits and neither one cancels the other out.

To the post I was mainly going to answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork View Post
Has anyone even cited the source of that image?
Is it even legit?
They are legit by a person at Incrysis (think it was the admin "Mocib"). His point was to show knife attack, pinger etc. They are from bad angle so to say but shows the cutbacks they have had to made which are logical considering the wide dynamic nature they aimed for regarding gameplay and rendering. They also to bright which detracts a bit of the quality.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30858

http://www6.incrysis.com/images/crys...ife_attack.jpg
http://www6.incrysis.com/images/crys...er_soldier.jpg
http://www6.incrysis.com/images/crys...ler_pinger.jpg

I took the liberty to darken them a bit by changing gamma as they are otherwise to bright. It hould be a bit darker though but anyway.

Though this is from a good angle and lets the artwork, TOD and highlights in rendering show it's strength.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 03:52 PM   #39
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

The first pic looks rather shoddy, particularly the ground/crate/weapon, but the other ones seem pretty damn good. Are they also console?

As for Crysis1 graphics on a console, I'm not saying they'll be able to pull it off, but that's what they would aim for.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 03:57 PM   #40
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
But on what front, technical or artstyle or both? Beginning by posting s super-sampled shot isn't the right way. If so latest Batman game with SSAA, Bullestorm SSAA promo or BFBC2 SSAA shots looks atleast as good as U2. Do they all do the same tech, have the same dynamic scenes etc. For example U2 has lots of baked lighting relying on lightmaps, Crysis games and Crysis 2 has none and relies on full realtime lighting for all surfaces with perhaps a few exceptions. That is one reason for lack of day-night transition in U2 as it would break material lighting/shading.. There are many factors and differences.
To be honest, I just like games. If the gameplay is good, I will play it. And I have the systems to play the games that I like.

I defend consoles only because there are so many PC fanboys here that have never even gamed on one, yet they sit there and spout off **** about how terrible they are.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 04:44 PM   #41
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Right, cause no console can come close to Crysis-level graphics.

Wait, oh yea...

http://www.levelfortytwo.com/wp-cont...arted22_01.jpg
Okay, first off that is an upresed promo shot, second off no that game does not look as good as Crysis, and third off I was talking about high-end graphics increasing immersion as in no jaggies, textures blurring from no AF 5 feet in front of you and a lack of crisp detail from it being low-res.

On PC I can try and make the visuals look as crisp and defined as possible so that I am more "in the world" and not distracted. A great example of this for is Infamous on PS3 where I was pulled out of the game quite often by the fact that when you turned the wrong way all the textures blurred into N64 style textures because the game had no AF what-so-ever... also the depth of field and complete lack of AA made it look like a mess. I am not saying the game was crap or even looked like crap, I am saying all those things pull me out of it little by little so I wish I could play it on PC, and prefer all games on PC in general.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 04:47 PM   #42
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
NZ, I'm not going to argue anymore... Arguing with fanboys is not my idea of fun. I'm not suggesting that you are one, but lots of people are... There are certain advantages of gaming on consoles over PCs. Some people will never accept them... Guess what? All those millions of console owners out there see those advantages, hence the gaming platform preference. It's not my fault some people display such immaturity that they feel the need to attack a gaming platform other than their choice every chance they get...
I attack consoles because for my priorities they are inferior. For other people they are superior or equal and I said that myself... depends on priorities. I still play on them though, I would just rather play on PC.

Quote:
And again, no game right now comes close to real life in terms of immersion, so the point that consoles ruin that immersion is invalid. That immersion does not exist on the PC either, to this day...
Whatever you say man... I have been immersed in hundreds of games. I don't mean immersion in the sense that I actually believe I am there, that is crazy talk, I just mean I am wrapped up in the world and can get that little feeling like everything around me is gone and I am inside the game. If you have never felt that then I'm sorry, but I do quite often and the better the graphics/story/audio/control the better the immersion... it's ALL important.

And it isn't about being a graphics *****, I probably play more old games than anyone else on this forum.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-26-10, 06:54 PM   #43
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

You guys crack me up. A few of you must few very threatened to behave like you do. It's like the crazy nerdy kid at school you just keep annoying until he finally flips and starts threatening to kill everyone with a knife from the home ec rooms.

Just saying
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 07:33 PM   #44
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
You guys crack me up. A few of you must few very threatened to behave like you do. It's like the crazy nerdy kid at school you just keep annoying until he finally flips and starts threatening to kill everyone with a knife from the home ec rooms.

Just saying
LOL those are PC gamer fanboys for you.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-10, 07:53 PM   #45
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

There are one or two console boys like that. Name starting with a H and ending with a K/4
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 07:55 PM   #46
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I just love how people throw out "fanboy" like it is some sort of counter-argument.

Old 06-26-10, 07:58 PM   #47
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Delusional is a better counter-argument, IMHO.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 08:30 PM   #48
Lyme

That is a crappy first image.

http://e3.gamespot.com/image_viewer....d=960491&img=1

If it looks anything like the videos, it should be good http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8...0.html?show=hi
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote