Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-10, 08:06 PM   #49
ViN86

Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I just love how people throw out "fanboy" like it is some sort of counter-argument.
What consoles do you own again?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 08:30 PM   #50
JohnDio

I just love it when people keep posting screenies from the E3 footage of Crysis 2 which was running on PC with reduced graphics (at the level they are trying to have in the console versions) and claim that it is real X360 footage.

PS: It's even funnier when people try to defend their beloved console regarding the crash in the IGN interview. I've seen claims about debugging the code (yeah right, they were that "smart" to debug it in E3. And for the debugging purposes... knock knock knock, that's why there are the dev kits that have debug support. You don't need the PC ), about using the X360 Neighborhood so that they could run the X360 code from the PC (X360 Neighborhood is simply for transfering files from PC to X360 HDD, think of it like FTP. Then again, we know that the Demo kits in E3 can only run unsigned code and connect to PartnerNet... but i'm sure that Crytek used a super-duper-uber-next_gen_super_wow_never_seen_before_ultimate_edit ion of their dev kit to demo Crysis ) and so on. If there is one thing we know, is that the GDC console demo had framerate drops and noticeable aliasing. So wait to get more console footage (or play the damn game) to criticize it. And for the record...

Quote:
The Crysis 2 demo that we got to test at E3 was insanely beautiful. A 360 pad extended from the demo station, an Elite unit was standing next to the screen, and 360 button symbols popped up continuously on screen. Crytek answered "yes" when we asked if it really was the 360 version we played.

That was apparently a lie. I got a mail from one of our old collaborators; he apparently managed to press the Crytek representatives to admit it was the PC version that they demo'd, dressed up as the Xbox 360 version.

"By the way,Crysis 2 was not run on a Xbox 360. They only pretended, when we pressed them a bit (resolution seemed way to high) it was revealed that it was a PC, with Xbox 360-controller..."
http://www.gamereactor.se/blog/petter/#167188

But then again, i'm sure that GameReactor can't be trusted. In fact, everyone is wrong except of the ones that don't know sh!t and still believe it was running magically on the X360, even when they double clicked the Crysis2 shortcut from the desktop of the PC in IGN's interview. Riiiiiiiiiight
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 09:52 PM   #51
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
An Xbox 360 and a Wii.

From last generation I own an Xbox, Gamecube AND PS2. I gave the Gamecube to my mother though.

I had a PS3 this generation but I sold it.

Next question?

Don't use "fanboy" to try and deflect my points. There are reasons to prefer playing games on PC... if there were not, people would not go through the extra hassles and expense.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 10:27 PM   #52
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
I just love it when people keep posting screenies from the E3 footage of Crysis 2 which was running on PC with reduced graphics (at the level they are trying to have in the console versions) and claim that it is real X360 footage.
Are you trying to imply that we (the gaming community) have access to mysterious "other" screen shots that are from the "real" game, and are purposely trying to mislead everyone? If so, I've love to see them.

Are you also trying to imply that the PC does better graphics than the console? Trust me, everyone here knows that.

Do you also think that anyone here is going to simply go out and buy the game at release without looking at; at least one review of the "actual game"? Some might, but they are stupid.

As such I'm not sure I see much of the point behind your loosely written arguments, other than bashing consoles because the PC is better. We know that, but also know that for many types of games, like first person shooters, the "money" is in consoles and not in the PC.

So?
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 10:28 PM   #53
Lyme

Quote:
10,000 to 1 says that the ps3 and 360 version look and play almost exactly alike.
Old 06-26-10, 10:38 PM   #54
ViN86

Does anyone realize that I really don't care? I mean you'd have to be insane to think a console (with outdated hardware) could put out graphics that rival the PC. Nonetheless, devs do do some pretty impressive things with the limited hardware.

I really just can't stand the PC people that actively seek out console threads so they can spout off about how it will be so awful because the graphics are terrible.

Meanwhile I bet Crysis 2 on consoles will sell more copies than it does on PC. I mean I won't buy it on either platform, but the devs would be crazy to skip out on developing for consoles, when the market has so much potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
10,000 to 1 says that the ps3 and 360 version look and play almost exactly alike.
So you do or don't think that?

Because I would expect that they are exactly alike, but your odds indicate that you don't think so...
Old 06-26-10, 10:56 PM   #55
CaptnStubing

Quote:
To be honest, I just like games. If the gameplay is good, I will play it. And I have the systems to play the games that I like.

I defend consoles only because there are so many PC fanboys here that have never even gamed on one, yet they sit there and spout off **** about how terrible they are.
exactly. I still play NES games and have a blast.

One thing you are missing Vin, it isn't a problem with PC fanboys bashing consoles or vise versa, it is gamers and their constant crying about everything in the universe. Console fanboys and pc fanboys are exactly the same. You and I are normal average people who just like to blow stuff up after work.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 11:10 PM   #56
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
exactly. I still play NES games and have a blast.

One thing you are missing Vin, it isn't a problem with PC fanboys bashing consoles or vise versa, it is gamers and their constant crying about everything in the universe. Console fanboys and pc fanboys are exactly the same. You and I are normal average people who just like to blow stuff up after work.
Yea gamers do whine a lot.

I will never forget when I saw someone post a thread about how they were mad at Valve for not releasing one of the TF2 updates on time (meanwhile Valve didn't have to release the updates at all, they already had everyone's money). That's probably one of the worst complaints I have seen here.

But, I will apologize to Narc and others for trolling you guys a little.

Old 06-26-10, 11:22 PM   #57
MowTin

It's like a beautiful girl with a mole. If you focus too much on the mole then you'll miss the overall beauty.

It's really the art work that counts. texture resolution, AA, and AF are details that can easily be ignored if you choose to do so.

We thought Quake was great back in the day but if you play it now it looks terrible. But it's still the same game.

It's all about the game. And I'm glad that Console folk will finally be able to enjoy Crysis gameplay. (and yes I enjoy Crysis gameplay very much)

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 11:37 PM   #58
Viral
Registered User of Women

FFS the screenshot looks ok, graphics are pretty much what I expected. There will be better looking scenes than that though, as well as worse looking scenes, just like Crysis on PC. You can take a less than stunning shot or an amazing shot.

On top of that I think the gamma is a bit out, or at least I'm hoping the colours will look a bit less brown and washed out with the final game.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 11:42 PM   #59
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Well New York it's exactly the most colourful town in the world.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 12:38 AM   #60
Lyme

Quote:
Does anyone realize that I really don't care? I mean you'd have to be insane to think a console (with outdated hardware) could put out graphics that rival the PC. Nonetheless, devs do do some pretty impressive things with the limited hardware.

I really just can't stand the PC people that actively seek out console threads so they can spout off about how it will be so awful because the graphics are terrible.

Meanwhile I bet Crysis 2 on consoles will sell more copies than it does on PC. I mean I won't buy it on either platform, but the devs would be crazy to skip out on developing for consoles, when the market has so much potential.
I completely agree that they will sell more copies and make more profit off the console versions than the PC, which is why they are doing them.

Quote:
So you do or don't think that?

Because I would expect that they are exactly alike, but your odds indicate that you don't think so...
There are always subtle differences between the two that don't add up to much.