Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-27-10, 03:00 AM   #61
LovingSticky
plenty of work, no games

Default Re: Screenshot of 360 version of Crysis 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Immersion is one of the most essential parts of a game to me, and high-end PC graphics greatly increase immersion. When I play console games I am constantly "pulled out" of the game by visual flaws.

So it is important, yes.
Immersion is very important. But on PC you are usually playing using your small 24" LCD and inferior 10W Logitech speakers, unlike on XBox/PS3 you have your 50" TV, 300W receiver and great sounding floor-standing speakers.

Of course, you can have this with your PC too, but most people don't. So immersion with consoles is actually better (for most).

Btw, Crysis 1 sucked, boring point-and-shoot for teens. Alan Wake, with "inferior graphics" (comparing to latest PCs), is much more immersive game Fable II is excellent RPG and tale. And Gears of War 2 is much better shooter than Crysis, if you like point-and-shoot games. It is not all about graphics. It is good to have both, so that you can enjoy playing Alan Wake, Fable II (Xbox 360 exclusives) and The Witcher (PC only).
Old 06-27-10, 03:48 AM   #62
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSticky View Post
It is good to have both, so that you can enjoy playing Alan Wake, Fable II (Xbox 360 exclusives) and The Witcher (PC only).
BLASPHEMER!!!
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 04:02 AM   #63
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
You guys crack me up. A few of you must few very threatened to behave like you do. It's like the crazy nerdy kid at school you just keep annoying until he finally flips and starts threatening to kill everyone with a knife from the home ec rooms.

Just saying
Thats exacly what I also noticed lately
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 07:09 AM   #64
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Very true slaWter. But people's priorities differ, I have spent a bit more in recent on my HT system because I often have friends over and we'll play Rockband, Buzz, watch a BD, or something on the HTPC.

Having said that I keep my PC in check for when the gf takes over the TV with Stargate reruns. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 07:41 AM   #65
HiCZoK4

I get immersed oldschool way. I have 42bravia and 1000W 5,1 dolby in other room but I cant get immersed playing there. Maybe becuse its like 5 ****ing meters from the couch and I only plug there ocassionally when "parents are out" so I cant get a time to get used to it;/

Still playing with nose up my pc display is best way to get me immersed. And most of time my console is plugged there right with my pc on the same speakers\headphones.
But still. I just get immersed when playing a good game. Doesnt matter what platform its on.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 09:42 AM   #66
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSticky View Post
Immersion is very important. But on PC you are usually playing using your small 24" LCD and inferior 10W Logitech speakers, unlike on XBox/PS3 you have your 50" TV, 300W receiver and great sounding floor-standing speakers.

Of course, you can have this with your PC too, but most people don't. So immersion with consoles is actually better (for most).
Well as I said before my 28" monitor feels a lot larger than my 44" TV because of how close I sit to it... I move my PC to my living room sometimes and it feels much smaller there.

And I have surround sound headphones.

If you don't have a gaming PC setup then of course console gaming is better, that makes perfect sense. My whole point was I go to the trouble of having such a setup because it's worth it to me to have that better experience. I never said everyone should, I never said consoles aren't good enough, I never said AA was more important than art, I said AA enhances it. I still played Infamous, I still played Uncharted, I just wished they were on PC.

That is something a lot of people in this thread aren't realizing or are jumping to conclusions about... wishing every game was a PC game so I could have tweaks, more control options and better graphics on them does not mean I hate console games or look down on console players, it simply means I crave that better experience and wish I could have it on every game. Saying the PC offers me a better experience does not make me a "fanboy," it just means I have an opinion on what works best for me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 01:35 PM   #67
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
This is exactly why I brought up the argument with the cheap PC instead of a console.
But those "most gamers" just don't know how good those cheap PCs are nowadays.

Even though they have decent HT equipment, they're killing their experience with crappy controls, lower image quality and no flexibility when it comes to mods and tweaks.
Dont give me this bs... i could never have immersion by controlling an fps with a handcontroller. And to that other guy who said no games yet has created real immersion is total bs. For me, metro 2033 was one of the most immersive and graphically realistic game ive played in a long time. Throw on 5.1 sound system to the PC, put on a 24" monitor... cut the lights and put on some supersampling, smoke some weed and you'll get sucked into the game like you couldn't imagine.

Is true btw, cannabis increases immersion in games and "suck" you into the game in a whole different way... u should try it sometime, especially games with great atmosphere and good story.
Old 06-27-10, 02:18 PM   #68
sammy sung

Quote:
This is exactly why I brought up the argument with the cheap PC instead of a console.
But those "most gamers" just don't know how good those cheap PCs are nowadays.

Even though they have decent HT equipment, they're killing their experience with crappy controls, lower image quality and no flexibility when it comes to mods and tweaks.
Yes but this is only true when you play the console versions instead of the PC versions,i never do that.I play the console exclusives in the genres i like,mostly racing games.I don't have time for anything more than a fast blast in Forza 3 etc,eventhough i'd like to try iracing out for the complete sim experience i don't have that time to spare.If i had a choice ,if games like forza,PGR,GT5 etc were released on the pc i wouldn't even start my consoles again.But that wont happen,i'll continue to cherry pick and play the best version of each game and if it's available on PC thats usually the one to get.

For me personally pc versions of like nfs shift,grid etc is subpar compared to PGR ,F3 and some of the other console-only racers but thats just about game design and overall feel of the games.

Old 06-27-10, 04:34 PM   #69
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
But lately I haven't even bothered with the console exclusives anymore. I have Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 and I played both for like 20min. I also tried other titles like Alan Wake. I just can't play like that, I can't enjoy those games.
Same here... I have a 360 and Wii, used to have a PS3, but I find myself ignoring them more often than not. I have many games, top tier games, for those systems that I have never played.

I would just rather play games on PC.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-27-10, 04:47 PM   #70
ViN86

I don't know why you guys even bother with consoles then. Just sell them. Because I have been very happy with a lot of the console exclusive titles, including Uncharted 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, Forza 3, Gears of War 2, Demon's Souls, etc.

I could go on lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 04:58 PM   #71
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I don't know why you guys even bother with consoles then. Just sell them. Because I have been very happy with a lot of the console exclusive titles, including Uncharted 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, Forza 3, Gears of War 2, Demon's Souls, etc.

I could go on lol.
Yeah its stupid, they state they don't care about consoles yet own them and constantly come here and cry about their graphics...
Old 06-27-10, 05:26 PM   #72
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

It's not just about graphics.

If you guys want to be condescending and dismissive then fine. I don't post in every console game topic about this stuff, I posted in this one because the entire thread is about Crysis 2 looking like crap on the 360, so of COURSE the thread is going to be about console graphics versus PC graphics... WTF else would it lead to?

And it's all opinion. If me choosing not to play my consoles much and loving playing games on my PC bothers you so much then don't read it.