Release highlights since 256.35:
- Added Support for Quadro 4000, Quadro 5000, and Quadro 6000.
- Fixed VDPAU to not print a debug error message when calling VdpVideoMixerQueryFeatureSupport with an unsupported or unknown VdpVideoMixerFeature.
- Removed the requirement that in TwinView passive stereo, MetaModes must have identical viewports on each monitor.
- Removed the requirement that in active stereo, all monitors must use identical modetimings.
- Enhanced VDPAU to better report certain kinds of initialization error.
- Fixed a regression that caused Xv to return BadAlloc errors on AGP systems when using the AGP GART driver contained in the NVIDIA driver. This fixes the problem reported in nvnews.net thread 151199.
- Fixed a regression in 256.29 where Performance Level clock frequencies were reported incorrectly in nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a 3D Vision Stereo bug that caused the stereo glasses to not toggle when the flat panel was not running at its native mode timings.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when rendering its thermal gauge widget if the range of valid values for the thermal sensor was empty.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x86_64/x86
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 256.44
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log